Brazilians vs Eastern Europeans/Russians......your vote!!!

sugar_kissed said:
Brazilians
eugenia sounds too full of herself.

I agree with your impression of Eugenia, but it would be rediculous to dislike Russian models basing on that... I mean, she is just one person. Besides, Gisele sound too full of herself too (or, at least, she used to).

Having both South American and North American roots, we were raised that they are separate contintents geographically and culturally speaking. South Americans are Americans, no doubt. When we all get together as North and South Americans we refer to one another as Americans. It's true and it's the PC thing to do. Apart from one another we refer to each other as North or South Americans (at least the South Americans I was raised around). It doesn't really matter what other people think, it only matters what we think as we're the ones that live here. If Asia and Europe want to be called Eurasia, not a problem with me even if that's not how I was taught. I'm not going to tell them they are wrong though. That's just silly.

As far as the models go:

I'm going to go for the Brazilians. They all come from diverse backgrounds and many are mixed with African and/or Native...whatever type of Native Peoples are in those countries (though I'm sure with the ramsacking and pillaging of their continents as in North America there are probably very few of them left...tsk tsk). This gives them a better look all around. If you've see one Russian model you've just about seen them all IMO (my Russian cousin Vlad would kill me for saying it but it's true). They either look like Eugina or Natasha, or a combination of both. Not very appealing to me. Maybe it's because I'm Black Hispanic/Native American/African but I just feel that the more color you have the better off you'll look in the future and that goes a long way. And when it comes to Brazillians (at least the "white" ones they are as close as you'll get to being "colored" in this business).

Balkan models are cool. I absolutely love Maja! She's to die for. But that's about it there. Eastern Europeans who are also Slavic have a different look to me than Russians and they are better looking IMO. (I was taught that Russia was primarily in Asia so I don't consider it a European continent but that's just IMO.)

With the fine exception of Katja S., and Natalia V. because they are truly exceptional and look slightly different than all the rest I'll pick Gisele, Cintia, Izabel, Ana Hickmann, ADRIANA, etc. over every Russian model anyday. They have European ancestry sure, but somewhere in there, whether you look at their nose, skin color, lips, or bottom gives away their Native or African roots and for those who aren't mixed, the sun has been good to them. But Natalia is out of this world beautiful and so much better than Karolina who I actually have grown to like since the VS 05 show. Katja and Natalia are the best looking Russians in the business with Maja right next to them (in terms of the over all Slavic appeal).

Go Brazil.

But I feel that Black models (that includes African and those who are African in orgin) models are the best. As much as I love Gisele and Cintia and Maja, by the time they reach 35 they will look old as hell. Meanwhile, Iman who is 50 doesn't look a day over 38 and neither does Naomi Simms, Karen Alexander or Veronica Webb who is younger than them but still looks like she's 28. Naomi, Liya, Yasmin, Oluchi, et al. will be the same way. So go black girls, go black girls go!

Last edited by a moderator:
^
^ A lack of variety among the Russian models can also be due to the odd choices of Russian modeling/scouting agencies. They pick the same-looking girls and those girls end up as what people know of as "Russian models". It could be just that Brazilian agencies are more open-minded and updated on what the industry wants...

fashionkitten7 said:
^
^ A lack of variety among the Russian models can also be due to the odd choices of Russian modeling/scouting agencies. They pick the same-looking girls and those girls end up as what people know of as "Russian models". It could be just that Brazilian agencies are more open-minded and updated on what the industry wants...

That could be true. I know this is not an asian discussion, but I'm asian and I see that far too many agencies only go for the weird "unconventionally beautiful" asian girls, i.e. they all have small slanty eyes with no fold. From living over there I know that this is not the case for every asian, there are many "conventionally pretty" girls who are never selected. The result is that there's a western stereotype that all asians have small slanted eyes and flat faces. This could simply also be the case for Russians, that the market only wants that one look, therefore others are not selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more to do with Russia's own standarts of a model's look, than with what the international industry really wants. As it has been said so many times before, the girls from Russia, who are very successful internationally now, would never become any big models in thier own country. Furthermore, they would probably get denied by most Russian agencies if they tried to start a career in Russia.

brazilians are much sexier.. , their bodies are always so feminine

Izabel makes her thoughts clear:

PAGE SIX: Models can be catty. What have you heard lately?

IZABEL: There was an issue of Vanity Fair [featuring Russian models],
and one of the Russians said, "The Brazilians are gone. It's all about us."
I don't think so! Look at us. Look at the Victoria's Secret models —
Alessandra, Adriana, Gisele. I read that article and thought,
"What is this girl talking about?"

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesixmag/02092006/34.htm

I find there's more Brazilians in VS yet more Eastern Europeans for Sports Illustrated......

You can't compare these two groups, they're so different... but if I had to decide I'd say Russians.

roppal222 said:
Izabel makes her thoughts clear:

PAGE SIX: Models can be catty. What have you heard lately?

IZABEL: There was an issue of Vanity Fair [featuring Russian models],
and one of the Russians said, "The Brazilians are gone. It's all about us."
I don't think so! Look at us. Look at the Victoria's Secret models —
Alessandra, Adriana, Gisele. I read that article and thought,
"What is this girl talking about?"

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesixmag/02092006/34.htm

I find there's more Brazilians in VS yet more Eastern Europeans for Sports Illustrated......

Ah, the one who spoke those words in the VF issue would be Eugenia...I rolled my eyes when I read that :rolleyes:

I think to say 'they're over' or whatever Eugenia said was really dumb, because clearly the Brazilians aren't. But I think that entire Vanity Fair article alluded to the notion that the Brazilians run on fashion was being stopped by the Russians, so who knows what was actually said to Eugenia by the interviewer to evoke that response.

I think on balance both Brazilians and Russians are good.

fashionkitten7 said:
I think it's more to do with Russia's own standarts of a model's look, than with what the international industry really wants. As it has been said so many times before, the girls from Russia, who are very successful internationally now, would never become any big models in thier own country. Furthermore, they would probably get denied by most Russian agencies if they tried to start a career in Russia.
wow nvr heard of that. how come?

Brazilians, they're very glamazons, esp. Gisele, Ana BB and Adriana. The Russians are too waifs, although Natasha Poly is great...

oops, my fave model is karolina kurkova but I don't like the other Eastern-Euros, so that's why I voted for the Brazilians...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblahbla
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->