Brooke Shields says Tom Cruise Has Apologized

Retro

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Shields Says Cruise Has Apologized[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Email this Story[/FONT]

Sep 2, 8:09 AM (ET)

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif](AP) Actor Tom Cruise smiles during a press conference, Saturday, Dec. 11, 2004, in Oslo, Norway. Brooke...
Full Image
[/FONT]
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - Brooke Shields says Tom Cruise has apologized for publicly criticizing her use of antidepressants after the birth of her first daughter.

The two had a public beef last year after the "Mission: Impossible III" star, echoing the position of Scientology, said in an appearance on NBC's "Today" show that depression can be treated with exercise and vitamins rather than drugs.

The 41-year-old actress says Cruise apologized in person Thursday.

"He came over to my house, and he gave me a heartfelt apology," Shields said Friday during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.""And he apologized for bringing me into the whole thing and for everything that happened.

"And through it all, I was so impressed with how heartfelt it was. And I didn't feel at any time that I had to defend myself, nor did I feel that he was trying to convince me of anything other than the fact that he was deeply sorry. And I accepted it."

Cruise's spokesman confirmed the celebrities made up.

"It is true that his friendship with Ms. Shields has been mended," spokesman Arnold Robinson said in a statement. "He has not changed his position about antidepressants, which as evidenced by the black label warnings issued by the FDA on these types of drugs, are unhealthy." Shields, who wrote "Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression," has dismissed the actor's remarks as a "ridiculous rant" and "a disservice to mothers everywhere."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060902/D8JSN93O0.html
[/FONT]

Kudos to Cruise for apologizing and kudos to Shields for accepting it.

"He has not changed his position about antidepressants, which as evidenced by the black label warnings issued by the FDA on these types of drugs, are unhealthy."

.....nice way of jabbing that in there, Cruise :rolleyes:

^ agreed.....after the fall out with Paramount, he's trying to redeem himself
or something......

I think this is a good news for everyone. Obviously for Brooks. Also for Cruise. I think maybe he finally realized what kind of crap he got himself into in the last two years (or maybe his publicists, whatever) and is probably on the road to fix up his image. I think it's in the right direction and I hope he can continue on with it. And it's good for the public, because we need to good Cruise back, lol. I know a lot of people have been turned off by him, and I will agree, I have too, but I am still a fan. And I hope the rest of the people will "come around", because Tom Cruise really is a wonderful actor and he has always been good to fans.

I forgive him too. :wink:

It does reek of desperation given his downwardly spirally career, but still - it takes a big man (or woman) to apologize, especially for something so public. And I appreciate that he did it privately.

So thank you, Tom. For this, at least. He still has a loooooong way to go with me though, as long as he subscribes to a religion that teaches the hateful, dangerous things Scientology does.

I'm still terrified of Scientology, it's a cult and I wouldn't want to go within 10 miles of somebody involved with it.

Well, when the WHOLE world turns against you because you are a wacko, it is smart to mend some fences and try to get your approval ratings back up, I guesss. Sorry, I just have a difficult time believing this apology was genuine. :innocent:

^ Yep and next thing we know, he will make Matt Lauer Suri's Godfather. :rolleyes:

He seems to be trying to clean up his act now, only after the Paramount fall out. I'm having a hard time believing in his apology too. His spokesman didn't even miss the chance to say something against antidepressants.
And it is nice that he apologized to Brooke in private, but he criticized her very publicly, he should admit publicly that he was wrong for criticizing her.

If hes Mr beliefs and he goes back on it for good PR... maybe hes just full of it all together

It's nice that he at least apologized to Brooke. Even though, he shouldn't have said it in the first place.
:smile:

sleepingbeauty13 said:
And it is nice that he apologized to Brooke in private, but he criticized her very publicly, he should admit publicly that he was wrong for criticizing her.

I completely agree. :innocent:

Oh please, he should have apologized a yr ago when he was slamming her on TV. Basically calling her unfit, making jabs at her career (where has her career gone? said Tommy) and on and on. He's only apologizing now because his public image is in freefall, especially amongst woman.

Tom still believes what he spouted off on TV, namely that all pyschiatric drugs are EVIL and women should just pop a vitamin and they'd be fine. His Scieno handlers probably forced him to go to Brooke's house because they are worried about their cash cow drying up.

Brooke is the bigger person for accepting the apology, I'd have slammed the door in his face.

Tom doesn't do anything unless he can spin in into some good PR for himself. Tomorrow we'll find out he rescued a bunch of orphans and kittens from a house fire.

You have to wonder though - what forces are the scientology team using against him? What sort of bribery, public damage etc are they threatening him with?

The other thing I wonder - Tom should have enough money to fund his company himself - instead he is having to settle for $3 million. Scientology is known to drain the bank accounts of all those who study it.

He should easily be able to come up with over $20 million. I reckon all of it has gone to L.Ron Hubbard's cronies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->