Calypso St Barth For Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Calypso St. Barth is confirmed to create a limited-edition collection of fashion and home items for Target, set to launch May 1st in stores and online.

Calypso St. Barth is a renowned global brand with an incredibly loyal following and we think Target’s guests will love the no-fuss, sophisticated appeal of the collection,” Target’s senior vice president of merchandising Trish Adams told us exclusively. While no images are available yet, the collection will include clothing and accessories for women and children, plus home goods like candles, pillows and glassware. “The Calypso St. Barth for Target collection is timed perfectly for summer and offers our guests destination-chic style at incredible prices,” Adams said.

excerpt from instyle

too bad this is boring. :unsure:

Calypso St. Barth Expands for Target

by Sharon Edelson
excerpt From WWD.com

With Calypso St. Barth for Target bowing May 1, the mass retailer is hoping to reprise the success of its Liberty of London for Target launch last spring.

The multicategory Calypso collection will feature apparel, accessories and lingerie for women, clothing for girls and babies, and home items such as candles, decorative pillows, dinnerware, glassware and serving pieces. The collection will be available in about 1,200 Target stores and target.com through June 11.

Calypso’s casual beach aesthetic was evident at a press preview on Thursday at Target’s design studio here. In contrast to the blustery weather outside, models wearing Calypso for Target sundresses and caftans stood in boxes of sand with scenes of palm trees on the walls. Tie-dye, batik and wood block prints appear on dresses, dinnerware, swimwear and lingerie. The collection, which ranges in price from $1.99 to $79.99, features natural fibers such as silk. Sea-themed jewelry includes necklaces with coral-shaped branches, sun dollars and tiny fake seed pearls.

“Calypso is a world,” said Elisa Miller, vice president of design for Calypso St. Barth. “We created lingerie [for Target]. It’s a new category for Calypso. Also, we don’t currently have kids. We’re going back there.”

“For me, it’s a way of reaching a wider audience,” said Stefanie Smith, president of Calypso St. Barth, of the collaboration. “It’s going to create so much recognition. When the announcement went out, we saw an increase in our orders online.”

Liberty of London for Target is believed to have been one of the retailer’s most popular partnerships. “An undisputed success” is how Kathryn Tesija, executive vice president of merchandising at Target Corp., characterized the 300-item line during the company’s first-quarter conference call in May.

scans from lucky magazine (source - budgetbabe)

Attachments

• calypso1.jpg
    calypso1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3
  • calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-02.jpg
    calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-02.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
  • calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-03.jpg
    calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-03.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3
  • calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-04.jpg
    calypso-st-barth-target-luckymag-04.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
seems like a HUGE range of items...
:huh:

i was at target today and got a bunch of the home accessories and the flip flops and a scarf...
also got a top and scarf for my mom...

the stuff was flying off the shelves...!!!...
all the metallic pouf cushions were gone before i got there...

i bought some glasses...
then i passed by the shelf a few minutes later and they were all gone!
one of the scarves i got was the last one...
same with the metal candle holders...
it was sort of relaxed- no one was frantic...
but people were buying a LOT...
i know i spent hundreds of dollars...
at TARGET!!!
:shock:...

btw-
no junior sizing...
all adult sizes and it was definitely wealthy women shopping...
the kinds with houses in the hamptons...
:P

Last edited by a moderator:
^so you got those little morocco-type glasses? i liked the look of them. too bad i already have something similar years ago from urban outfitters.

there were a lot of people crowding the calypso racks at my store too.
none of the stuff was really for me. i liked the silk tops however.

After being pretty meh about a lot of summer items in stores , I walked into target and bought a few things from this lovely line. I got a scarf, a top, a chemise, some jewelry and will probably go back for some dresses. Thank you target!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->