Victoria Beckham for Target

I managed to snag the blue/white gingham top and the navy sweatshirt with white embroidery. Very lovely pieces.

did anyone else buy anything? i didn't. not sure what to get. a lot of the items seem to either very short too babyish, prone to wrinkling or are sold out online.

This was the worst trip to Target I ever took. I stopped shopping there a few years back, their goods deteriorated. But I went to check out VB line. 2 cute childrens' jackets, one was a rain coat. The black and white skirt advertised by Sasha on tv was not as impressive in person, but it was the only thing that caught my attention. I really thought I would buy something but I truly didn't like anything. Clearly, the focus was children because the clothes looked more detailed and better executed than the women's. If I had a small kid I may have bought the clear rain coat. It was cute. Nothing for me though. :smile:

I've looked at a view, people seem to be really happy with the product from what I can see. Although the looser styling of everything seems to have made people somewhat confused on the sizing. It's all supposed to be a bit shapeless but it seems some people saw this as an occasion to really size down and make the pieces a little more...fitted.

^ Seeing a lot of different types of women loving their purchases on Social Media, and it seems, especially mothers with kids liked the items. And I never seen a collabo of Target get so much PR from a global point of view!

did anyone else buy anything? i didn't. not sure what to get. a lot of the items seem to either very short too babyish, prone to wrinkling or are sold out online.

After some trouble, I managed to order the floral silk dress, Calla Lily Top, and the white shirt. However really wanted the bug embellished or pink lace bombers!! My friend is in America, and kindly offered to get them for me, but they were sold out! The pricing on eBay is shameful, even more than usual, and I wouldn't pay on principle!!

I don't know about in the US, but in the UK the stuff doesn't really seem to be going for all that much on eBay. A few pieces seem to be doing quite well but in general, it's not gone too much over its original prices. The UK-based reaction to the collection (even though it sold out) seems to have been quite luke-warm. The shapeless dresses and casual cuts on things didn't sit well with most people I've spoken to.

Had it been a series of her more form fitting 'work' style dresses, I reckon it would have found itself a bigger audience here.

eBay re-sellers not making money form this makes me so happy! And i think since this was about her VVB collection, it's to be expected it wouldn't be about more fitted pieces that are in her mainline. And it really was mostly about an American market anyway, the sizes i got worked perfectly for me though.

The timing of this collection was perfect though, so many posts on IG of ladies in the bunny print pieces.etc, and they all look great.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems the only thing that reached high prices here, when you look through the sold listings, is the lily print pieces. I'm guessing VB herself wearing the shirt and pants for the launch event have helped that one along an awful lot.

i saw most of the items in store one week after it went on sale. it was mostly plus size items that were left in store - as well as the childrens wear.

the quality did not look impressive for the womens stuff.
the scalloped blackwhite top and skirt that sasha wore in the ad was a disappointment. the material was thick - it would have looked so much better in crepe/polyester.

i tried on the calla lily top for 30$. it was too long. would look odd tucked in - and i LOVE calla lilies!

so disappointing - i did not buy a thing.

i saw the sold out blue/white poplin dress on a woman on the street in NY - it looked really nice and not wrinkly at all. i should have asked her if she had ironed the dress.

My friend bought the lily pants and they look so good. She wore them with a white shirt, rather than the co-ordinating shirt, which I think looked all together more chic. Everything I saw seemed like the quality was fantastic. At the end of the day, we're talking about a dress for $30. For that price, the stuff was spot on I felt.

^ Totally, the price points were fantastic for the quality offered. It was a 200 + items collection, so some will be better quality than the others. But if this was the H&M collabo prices would defo be higer for what is essentially the same quality. I always feel like their collabos can have very expensive items for what it is.

I missed those pants, but very happy with the top. And looking on IG of the ladies posting, i think curvier ladies really looked great in this collection.

I am interested to see when it goes to markdown- the stores are swamped with it. Any figures posted on how well it has done thus far? I went all i on this and was very impressed with the quality for the price- I bought 2 of the pink outfit, black outfit, bug dress, bug jacket, marigold dress, pink ruffle dress, black and white top, black white midi skirt, orange scallop top, black scallop top, green lace dress, orange culottes and a girl tank.

Returned the black outfit, the bug jacket, a girls tank, lace dress, black and white top. Sold the black and white midi skirt on ebay (went up to 80), pink dress for 40. Sold the orange culottes, black scallop top, orange scallop top and another pink outfit to my mom. So I kept the bug dress, the marigold dress and the pink outfit. Still on the fence about the marigold dress.

Once i got things home I tried everything on and only kept my favs- no one needs the whole shebang, :rolleyes: except for the pink pants and top which I love. I doubt the ebay pro resellers are making very much on ebay and the return date is Saturday so I'm sure more of the collection will be flooding the stores from them.

The VB site had an absolute nightmare of it. There are still orders not shipped, from two weeks ago. I had two friends who finally gave in and cancelled their orders yesterday. They had the cheek to charge £7 postage too and still not have even dispatched within two weeks? It's all odd, as I ordered some kids wear for a friend's new addition and I received it two days after it launched? I did order first thing however, where as my two friends were afternoon purchasers. So it would make me think they went in on the quantity HARD.

This collabo did very well for Target, in a WWD report about Targets first quarter sales their CEO singeled it out:

“We saw our strongest performance in March and April, benefiting from our Victoria Beckham partnership,” Cornell said. “Given the brand she’s created, we knew our partnership with her would be big, and it was one of the biggest in our history. Not surprisingly, the items sold particularly well online.”
http://wwd.com/business-news/retail/target-pulls-out-surprise-q1-earnings-gain-10889139/

the items are now 75% off in store but still only 30% off online..my store mostly had only plus items left.

I waited and purchased 17 pieces on-line all on clearance, which cost a bit over $200. I was surprised and pleased with the quality and my two favorite pieces are the white poplin shirt and the shirt with the bees, which I get so many compliments on. I hope with that success comes another collaboration with shoes included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->