Victoria Beckham for Target

honeycombchild

Reaction score
Target Corporation today announced its limited-edition spring collaboration with designer Victoria Beckham. Available April 9, 2017, at all Target stores and Target.com, Victoria Beckham for Target reflects the essence of the Victoria, Victoria Beckham line, including original designs and inspiration from iconic silhouettes, with apparel and accessories for women, girls, toddler and baby. The collaboration with Target also marks the designer’s first foray into the kids’ product category. Select pieces from the collection will be available for sale internationally via victoriabeckham.com.

Target Announces Spring Collaboration with Victoria Beckham
Tweet this

“Working with Target has been a really exciting process, and this partnership allows us to share the essence of Victoria, Victoria Beckham with more people than ever before,” said Victoria Beckham. “I was inspired to create the Victoria, Victoria Beckham line when I was pregnant with Harper, and since its launch, the category has evolved into an established lifestyle collection. With both the line and my daughter turning five, I felt it was the perfect time to extend into a more accessible price point and to celebrate both milestones by opening the range up to include childrenswear for the first time.”

“Victoria Beckham is synonymous with impeccable style, and she’s known around the globe for her distinct point of view as a designer,” said Mark Tritton, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, Target. “It’s been incredibly exciting to see how Victoria’s brand has evolved over the years, and we are thrilled that Target’s guests will be a part of that journey with this latest must-have collaboration.”

Victoria Beckham for Target is inspired by the Victoria, Victoria Beckham line, as well as Beckham’s everyday life and the shared experiences between mother and child. With more than 200 items featuring soft pastels, bright pops of color and pretty spring prints, the collection is feminine and functional and reflects the designer’s commitment to quality craftsmanship. Ranging in price from $6-$70, with most items under $40, Victoria Beckham for Target will be offered in sizes XS-3X for women and NB-XL for girls, toddler and baby. Standout pieces include easy-to-wear dresses, rompers and playful tops and bottoms for women, with corresponding styles for girls, toddler and baby.

Business Wire.

This will 100% also be available on Net A Porter and cause an absolute riot I'm sure. VB is one of their best selling brands.

Whoa, how refreshingly surprising to see someone like her go for Target! I bet she got offers from H&M and others, but to pick Target shows she has some balls! It's less expected and predictable, and given how it will even include childwear it will have a potential for a wide reach.

But how does it work for Europe? That will be interesting to see if its indeed stocked on net-a-porter.etc I can't remember if those retailers carried McQueen or Missoni, when they collaborated with Target?

^ I remember Altuzarra for Target was sold on Net-a-porter. Not sure about the rest.

Liberty for Target was sold through Liberty's London store and Altuzurra and Peter Pilotto's collection went to Net-a-porter.com for European distribution also. But that's it, Missoni never made it over.

Victoria's site will sell the collection in Europe so it could be Net-A-Porter doesn't get the opportunity too, but I would be very, very surprised if it doesn't land there also. She maintains a very strong relationship with them. I bet she'll also land herself a nice little April cover wearing the collection too..

^ Very interesting that some of those brands were available, while someone like Missoni was not!

It does seem likely that it will be carried through net-a-porter given her long standing successful relationship with them, you are right Honeycombchild.

I could be wrong, but i remember seeing a lot of ads when Peter Pilotto collaborated with Target, even on net-a-porter....

Last edited by a moderator:
Net sold the PP collection. Some of it is still sitting on The Outnet. Well, it was as of a few months ago anyway. Not sure it went all that well after its initial release.

^ Interesting, makes me wonder how well Lim did for Target!

Here is a small tidbit from Target.com :

Target Announces Spring Collaboration with Victoria Beckham
October 20, 2016

The secret’s out: Target just announced our next design partner, and it’s none other than internationally-known businesswoman, fashion designer and mother of four, Victoria Beckham.

Victoria Beckham for Target includes more than 200 items for women and kids, marking the designer’s first foray into designing childrenswear, something that Target just so happens to excel in. The collection reflects the essence of the Victoria, Victoria Beckham line, with easy-to-wear dresses, rompers and playful tops and bottoms for women, and corresponding styles for girls, toddler and baby.

While you’ll have to wait a little longer to see the full collection, we caught up with Victoria about designing the new line and collaborating with Target. Read on to learn more:

How are your two lines—Victoria Beckham and Victoria, Victoria Beckham—different, and what’s the essence of your line with Target?

The Victoria, Victoria Beckham line, or “VVB" as it’s often called, was launched three years after I began Ready-to-Wear, and is a lifestyle range incorporating all the pieces my customer needs in her wardrobe—at a more accessible price point. I always describe VVB as the younger sister to the Ready–to–Wear. It’s a range that reflects what I think of as the more “playful" side of my own style. The collections within VVB are fun and full of character, but always stay true to the refined brand spirit. The line of women’s and childrenswear that I have created with Target perfectly encapsulates the spirit of VVB and features some of the earlier silhouettes that the category originally became known for. From the outset of my brand, I have always designed clothes that I want to wear, and that’s exactly what I have done here, but this time there are also clothes that my daughter would love to wear, too!

What was the biggest difference designing for kids for the first time compared to designing for women?

Designing for children is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, so I was incredibly excited to be able to incorporate childrenswear into this collection. When working on it, I really felt I could tell a story and have fun with it—and I think the clothes reflect just how much fun I had designing them! Being a mother has helped me understand what’s important when it comes to the category. I have had years of learning that function is often just as important as form, and that children need to be able to feel comfortable and free in what they wear. For me it was really all about finding a balance between the fun elements and the real-life functionality of a garment.

What interested you in working with Target?

For a while now, I have been thinking how great it would be to work on clothes for a customer that either doesn’t want to pay or can’t pay designer prices. I loved the idea of opening the brand up to a wider audience and being able to share my vision with a broader customer base. So when Target—a company based on accessibility and inclusiveness—proposed a collaboration which combined all of these things, it was an easy decision to make. I have always said that the best way for me to learn about new areas is to work with an expert in that field. In order to do something well, you need to surround yourself with the right people, and the Target team members have been the right people for me. It has been such a pleasure working with their team. What they have provided me with is a really unique opportunity to connect with families across the U.S. I’m so excited for the months ahead, and for everyone to see a collection that I am really proud of.

Victoria Beckham for Target ranges in price from $6-$70, with most items under $40, and will be offered in sizes XS-3X for women and NB-XL for girls, toddler and baby. The collection will be available April 9 through April 30, 2017, or while supplies last, at all Target stores and Target.com, with select pieces available for global shoppers via VictoriaBeckham.com

^ Target has different publicity strategies with each collaboration. Some they don't expect sell out.

With the Superga collaboration they never even publicized it in advance. No early press releases were issue. The collaboration was announced the week the items were due to be in the stores. The Marimekko collaboration was also another "surprise" collaboration announced one month before items were in store.

They are announcing the Victoria Beckham collaboration 5 months ahead of time so clearly they expect this to be a huge seller. It's also hard to keep something like under wraps for long. The collaboration also seems to had a code name = project Bee.

It will also be in ALL target stores which is only the second collaboration (after lilly pulitzer) to have done so.

^ Whoa, thanks for the info. :flower:

I just remember not liking their collabo with Rodarte :doh: but not how "big" it was.

Fortune Magazine says that the long lead time before the collection is released means that Target will be monitoring social media to gauge interest in the collection. If there is more interest and lot of social media impressions or comments they could plan sales better. Maybe they will order more units.The problem is with this is that there is not much to discuss without photos. (target has only released one image to accompany the announcement and it's not clear if she's wearing the collection or not - image from businessoffashion) Maybe they will release sketches.

Six months early to create pre-holiday buzz.

byPhil Wahba
Target TGT 0.74% has announced its new limited-edition designer apparel collection with Victoria Beckham nearly six months before customers will even get to see the items.
The discount retailer said on Thursday that Beckham’s line will go on sale April 9, 2017, and will include about 200 items with soft pastels, bright colors, spring prints, and Beckham’s first ever items for kids. Prices will range from $6 to $70, with most items under $40.
Beckham’s line is not unlike the retailer’s other cheap-chic collaborations, which in the past have included lines by top names like Isaac Mizrahi and Missoni. But what’s unusual is how far in
advance Target has clued in the public. Last year, the retailer announced its Lilly Pulitzer collection only three months ahead of time. And earlier this year, Target unveiled its Marimekko line just a month in advance.
So why the unusually long lead time? For one thing, Target is heading into a tough holiday season against Walmart WMT -0.84% and Amazon.com AMZN 0.52% . As a result, Target is not expecting to see sales increase. So the early notice could help the retailer create buzz for the overall brand and put it at the top of customers’ minds.
But also, this early press release will allow Target to track the response on social media, a tool that is likely to help it gauge demand and course correct as needed. A year and half ago, Target got brickbats from many customers after much of the Lilly Pulitzer collection sold out almost instantly (some quickly reappeared on resale site eBay EBAY), creating the opposite of the goodwill such collections are meant to build. And the Marimekko line also started off slowly.
As for the collection itself, it’s notable that there is a big emphasis on kids’ clothes, a category Beckham has never dived into before.

Attachments

• ProjectBeePortrait.jpg
    ProjectBeePortrait.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
First promo is starting to roll out. Article in the April 17, issue of US Glamour:

And the back cover is the ad of Sasha with her daughter, I actually forgot this includes childrenswear:

All images worldmags.net

She is on the cover of instyle with a feature about the collection here

Not liking what I'm seeing so far. It's only a few pieces tho, so I'll hold off complete judgement until the entire lookbook is out.

So is she doing this to keep the other lines afloat? Aren't they losing money? Clothes look blah.
And love how now she cast's top models on Target's dime but never for her own shows!

This is going to sell very, very well. I predict an absolute riot on Net-A-Porter for it.

Looking through the collection I think she has a definite hit, these clothes will sell very, very well. It's quite a bit better than what she puts out for her regular RTW shows, it's much more streamlined and cohesive, and oddly truer to her original style aesthetic than anything she's put out for the past four, five seasons.

Predictably the UK site was an absolute nightmare. It's still queuing everyone on it for what is left, but I don't even think the stock is even left to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->