Canada's Next Top Model...

Yeah, I'm really disappointed by how much of a follower Meaghan seems to be (she did the same thing when gossiping about Rebecca). I say "seems" because maybe she is just as mean as Nikita and Linsay. I would still like to see her win because I think that she has the most potential, but her attitude has kind of put a damper on my excitement for her likely win.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed by how much of a follower Meaghan seems to be (she did the same thing when gossiping about Rebecca). I say "seems" because maybe she is just as mean as Nikita and Linsay. I would still like to see her win because I think that she has the most potential, but her attitude has kind of put a damper on my excitement for her likely win.

Now that Maryam is gone *sigh*... Megan for the win - i guess... she's easily led. Nikita doesn't appreciate anything and has a negative attitude... Linsay just bores me to fits... and her condescending attitude towards Maryam...

Producers should has seen this passport **** out long before it became an issue...

i think that its important to put things into context. This is a reality show where peoples actions and the situations theyre put in are exagerrated through editing. I like to give these three girls the benefit of doubt that these actions do not represent their true character.
Perhaps by the time the incident occurred the girls are tired and have lived together for a long time that they can easily be agitated by each other. Im not saying im accepting their behaviour but I hope the relationship between these girls are better than what that incident shows.

With that said, Im putting my money on Meaghan. She's young, has a versatile face that works in fashion and has a quiet confidence about her. Plus Elmer raved about her early on so she'll have his support.

Last edited by a moderator:
For hopeful young models who make the cut as a contestant on Canada's Next Top Model, spending hours in front of mirrors agonizing over their looks is nothing new.
But the three finalists on the Gemini Award-winning show on CTV – which wraps up tonight – say staring at themselves on TV is a totally different, bizarre experience.
"Watching ourselves on TV is so strange," said Calgary's Nikita Kiceluk. "It's so embarrassing."
"I talk like a trucker – how is that not embarrassing?"
Of course, Kiceluk, Meaghan Waller of Winnipeg and Edmonton's Linsay Willier must have done something right; they're the three models left standing from the initial pool of 11 contestants.
The show wrapped taping in early April and the women already know who won the competition but are sworn to secrecy.
All three have since moved home and they haven't been allowed to model. Still, their lives have already started changing as a result of the exposure.
"I get hate mail," Kiceluk said. "I get lots of it. I actually just got one a minute ago.
"I just have a really bold personality, I'm really sarcastic. Lots of people don't understand it so much."
Jay Manuel, the show's host and executive producer, said before this third season started that he had had enough of the "catwalk-catfight" clichés plaguing the show. He wanted to focus on the competition and not on the miniature dramas arising at the models' shared house.
To that end, the show's finalists said they were pleased with the way they were depicted.
"I had a couple personal phone calls I was afraid might be portrayed on the show, (but) they never showed anything like that," Kiceluk said.
"They did manage to find some stuff, of course – sneaky little guys."
Kiceluk might have been referring to the in-house tension between the models and fellow contestant Maryam Massoumi, who was booted in the episode that aired July 7.
Massoumi, who grew up in Iran before moving to Vancouver, forgot to get her passport renewed before the start of the show, so was unable to join in on international trips.
Yet she outlasted some of the women who did bring their passports and make the trips, which irked some of the other models.
More recently, the models were outfitted in delicate couture dresses made with bathroom tissue, and Massoumi accidentally ripped Willier's dress as she tried to help her get it on.
When Massoumi later tried to downplay her accident in front of the judges, the other models got frustrated.
"We wouldn't have gotten so heated if Maryam didn't lie about the situation," Willier said.
"If she just would have ripped it, then it would've been done with. It would have been like: `Okay, you're the one that looks dumb for not listening and for ripping it.'"
A significant chunk of the penultimate episode was, however, spent with the other contestants mocking Massoumi behind her back – and in one awkward incident, unknowingly to her face.
But the finalists said Massoumi wasn't excluded from the group "to the extent it was shown."
The women will soon find out how much currency their appearance on the show will have in the modelling world.
For now, all three plan on pursuing modelling as a full-time career.
"Until something breaks you down, you may as well pursue it," said Waller.
Kiceluk agreed, saying: "I'll get a real professional job when I'm old and wrinkly and ugly."

Source: The Toronto Star
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/article/665489

I never realized it was all prairie girls in the final 3. Represent! I'm in the midst of watching the finale now. the one thing I like, and what I don't think they don't focus on enough, is Linsay's First Nations background. I have often though First Nations girls naturally make good models because a lot are quite tall and willowy with strong cheekbones, so I'm glad there is finally someone in the competition who is.

Interview with Maryam

Q&A with Canada's Next Top Model reject Maryam Massoumi

Kat Angus

Published: Thursday, July 09, 2009

This week on Canada's Next Top Model, the girls had to learn how to walk the runway. While Linsay and Meaghan seemed to do well, Nikita was criticized for her "hoochie" walk and Maryam couldn't stop staring at the floor. The challenge brought controversy, as the model hopefuls were outfitted in couture dresses made out of toilet paper, and even though they were told to be careful, Maryam accidentally ripped Linsay's dress when she tried to help Linsay put it on.
At the photo shoot, it was time for the Covergirl campaign, and the girls had to put on their best "girl next door" face to advertise for the makeup line. While some photo shoots were smoother than others, each girl shined in her final photo, giving the judges a difficult task when it came to the elimination. Ultimately, ripping Linsay's toilet paper dress was the last straw for Maryam, and the 18-year-old Iranian (now living in Vancouver, B.C.) was sent home.
So what happened with the toilet paper dress incident?
They had told us about the dresses, but when they were putting on Linsay's dress, I just wanted to step in and help, and it ripped a little bit. Later on, when Linsay tripped, it ripped more, even though she said it was all me. I didn't know until I watched the show that the girls were so upset with me, but it was an accident and I was only trying to help.
Do you think that's why you were eliminated?
I can't really say if that was it. When you're down to the final four, deciding who goes home gets more and more difficult. I'd gotten so much from the competition already - I'd gotten everything except the prize - and I'm really proud of myself for making it that far. I don't think I did badly in the photo shoot, but I don't know if ripping the dress was why I left.
What happened with your passport?
My passport actually came the day I was eliminated. I called my mom and she said, "I have good news - your passport arrived!" And I had to tell her that I was eliminated already. But I figured that if that's how it happened, then I probably wasn't meant to make it much further in the competition.
Why didn't you have your passport ready before the show?
I didn't realize it was about to expire - both my mom and me had gotten our passports five years before but it hadn't occurred to me that it was just about to run out. Before I left, my mom made sure I had my passport and I didn't think to look at the date on it. But then I found out, so I went to get another one, but I told everyone at the show about it and they said to come on the show anyway and that when my passport arrived, I could take part in the trips.
Was it hard to see the other girls talk about you behind your back?
I didn't know they were talking about me until I saw the show, but I know that we were all tired and would all say things when we were frustrated.

Are you happy with how you were portrayed?
Yes, I think so. I don't think I looked too badly. I seemed a bit quiet.
Why did you want to audition in the first place?
I thought it would be fun; I didn't know if I would make it through. But I went to the audition and they liked me, so I went on the show.
What was the hardest part of filming the show?
Being followed around by the cameras all the time. I wasn't used to that and it took a long time for me to not look in the camera whenever it was nearby.
Now that it's down to the final three girls, who do you think will win Canada's Next Top Model?
It's hard for me to say, because I don't think the show necessarily wants the best girl to win. They don't want the girl who will make the best model; they are making a TV show and want it to be surprising and suspenseful. A lot of the show is just for excitement, not because someone deserved it or wanted it more. I can't really tell who will win because the show judges differently than I would.
What's next for you?
Right now, I am in summer school, so I am just going to focus on school and see how that goes.
Do you think you'll continue modeling?
I don't really know. If a modeling opportunity comes up because of this show, then I might do it, but for now, I am focusing on my education.
The season finale of Canada's Next Top Model airs Tuesday, July 14 at 8 p.m. on CTV.

source: dose.ca

Surprised with who they chose for the final 2, but not surprised who won. I'm happy about it though!

Its a pretty predictable win, congrats for the winner. I hope Maryam will continue modeling despite of her education...

I'm really happy she won.I hope she gets booked like crazy!And she needs to go to NYC NOW!

I'm so happy for her,she's my favourite from the beginning.I think she has lots of potential to be a successful model.

Man, it was like Lindsay was auditioning for Canada's Next Top B**** instead of Model. Anyways, of the three, I'm glad Megan won. I hope she does well.

As for Maryam - why didn't she apply for an expedited passport? I would have thought the show would have allowed her to do that during some of their downtime.

has anyone ever noticed that Meaghan, when it came down to the final 3, was the only one in a gold bikini :innocent:

i mean other girls that were previously eliminated had gold bikinis too, but in the final 3 Meaghan was the only one with gold.. coincidence ? :rofl:

maybe I'm reading too much into that though :rofl::lol:

I kind of have to retract my previous post because I was genuinely excited that she won. She looked absolutely gorgeous throughout the finale (amazing legs on the runway!) and I hope Elmer Olsen doesn't waste any time getting her to New York.

I think that she will be one of NTM's true success stories.

i hope she is.

i didnt like rebeccas hair in that finale though :(
she looked better red.
but she did have a good walk.

I just watched Meaghan's MuchMusic interview and she said that she was doing Elmer Olsen's 'Boot Camp to Bigtime' (similar to Tara Gill) and being presented to a bunch of New York model scouts. :woot: I hope things went well! I knew that they wouldn't drop the ball with her.

I actually think those photos might be old, as opposed to new. She looks just like she did at the pre-NTM casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->