Canadian Schools ... for Fashion

Of course they fit! They're COUTURE patterns, drafted to a women's exact measurements :smile:

Womenswear only

I'm in a dilemma..
Which program/school do you think is better... Fashion Business at Seneca or Fashion Business Industry at George Brown? I recently got accepted to both, and I don't have much time :S

The thing is I always preferred Seneca, but GB is near downtown where I want to be..i also never been to Toronto in my life.

betty^ Near the top of this page, you'll find a link Search this Thread
I know Seneca and George Brown have been mentioned several times here already, so why not type those keywords in the search and see what posts you come up with.. You could ask those members talking about it directly through PM for their opinions.

Yes I have gone through the whole threat but mostly the Design programs are discussed. I'm asking specificaly for the Fashion Business programs at both schools, but thank you.

Yes I have gone through the whole threat but mostly the Design programs are discussed. I'm asking specificaly for the Fashion Business programs at both schools, but thank you.

If you go back through the thread you'll see a number of people who say they have been to either school. PM every person and ask if they've heard much of the program you are interested in...even if they are in the design program they should know people in the business side. :smile:

does anyone know about intern oppurtunities with larger scale luzury designers and brands coming out of ryerson?

i want to design in the luxury market so im wondering if this school is good for me since it seems so industry based.

Fashion school in Canada?

Somebody knows if is there some good Fashion course in Canada?? Specially in Vancouver?

I read on George Browns website that a lot of students go to FIT after they finish their fashion design diploma at GB..

I know FIT's fashion design program is a 2 year AAS (kind of like a diploma?) plus an optional 2 year BFA (Bachelor)

So would you be able to skip the first 2 years at FIT if you have a diploma from GB?? Does anyone know if this is possible?? TIA

has anyone here either finished or in the Fashion Business program at Humber College? How was it?

has anyone here either finished or in the Fashion Business program at Humber College? How was it?

yup! I graduated from there two years ago. It is a great program if you want to get in to the business side of fashion, whether it be makep artistry, styling , merchandiser etc. I personally chose to do this program before studying fashion design , so that I could have a good understanding of the business side of things. You should also check out George Brown College's Fashion Management program , that is an excellent one.

Help! Got Accepted for Fashion Business Program, but what Canadian College to Choose?

Hi Everyone,

I just got accepted to Humber, George Brown and Seneca College for Fashion Business but am very undecided about which offer I should Accept. Can anyone who is enrolled or who have graduated from that program give me some insight to how their experience was???? It would mean alot!

Hi Everyone,

I just got accepted to Humber, George Brown and Seneca College for Fashion Business but am very undecided about which offer I should Accept. Can anyone who is enrolled or who have graduated from that program give me some insight to how their experience was???? It would mean alot!

I Also just got accepted to this program but I'm going to choose visual merchandising arts at Seneca. First because it's close to home and second because it's very arts oriented.
It seems like Seneca Fashion Business is too Retail Management oriented. I don't really see myself managing a store in the mall... I'm SURE you can do more than that if you try, but that's just what I see when I look at the description and the curriculum.
I know GB's Fashion Management program is good and in depth, it seems better than Seneca's FA, especially the facilities. if you don't mind the distance I hear Humber is really good but I don't know first hand. I like GB's location.

So.. Helen Lefeaux School of Fashion in Vancouver has closed down

I was told the building rent went up much too high
Wonder what they will turn it into...

Funny I was just on craigslist and so many vancouverites making posts about landlords overcharging with the current economy... Apparently there are a lot of vacancies but the prices stay high.

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently at George Brown for the Fashion Business Industry Program. The program is about learning about fashion from more of a business approach (if you're interested in becoming a buyer, PR). But there are also courses that are solely fashion based (sewing, fashion show presentation). I know some people who are in the Fashion Management Program who learn a lot about Visual Merchandising, and owning your own retail establishment. Hope I could help!

Gius, interesting info about Helen Lefaux......

I haven't heard anything about VCC but I do have a friend who took sewing classes with the Vancouver School Board. She said they offered decent entry level courses in sewing, garment construction, even draping. As always, I would be inclined to form a very skeptical opinion about the quality of any continuing education course, especially in fashion. However, it's nice to see that there are basic knowledge fashion courses accessible to the general public. Here's a link:
http://www.continuinged.ca/courseinfo.htm?term=SPRING09&group=501,525

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violettem
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->