Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

the nose is different and the eyes more sleepy, but there are similarities indeed. :flower:

I've been through this thread a few times and I haven't spotted this link. This is a great tumblr I discovered that has great gifs and pics of the 2 of them. There doesn't seem to be a lot of photos of her in the major press which is unfortunate cause I love her simplistic style.
http://carolynandjohn.tumblr.com/

ah, i could look at those 2 for days - so stylish and gorgeous. thanks for posting the tumblr link! :flower:

In case there are any CBK fans still out there, a few new pics have recently surfaced and were posted at the Carolyn Bessette Message board by some lovely ladies. The first is from her Pre-John days (I've no idea who took it and I'm not sure about the date, probably 93-94) and the second was taken by Larry Paul Scott in 1994 in NYC. Scott posted it to his Instagram account so, presumably, he owns it.

The third pic is from 1996 and was taken by Kelly Klein. It's going to be included in Klein's new (expensive!!) book, Photographs by Kelly Klein, released in October. That pic is also in the September edition of US Vogue (scan of the page is attached).

I've been a huge CBK fan since she was dating John so these new pics thrill me to no end. I really wish someone would do a book on her and finally release some new and higher quality pics. The internet just has the same ones. Anyhow, here they are. I'm not too sure if I'm doing the crediting thing correctly, so apologies in advance if I goofed.

(Credits: Pic #1 - CBK Message Board, uploaded by Elizabeth
Pic #2 - CBK Message Board, uploaded by sue (Photo by Larry Paul Scott)
Pic #3 - CBK Message Board, Vogue page scan by Elizabeth [Photo by Kelly Klein])

Attachments

• CBK1.png
    CBK1.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 11355229_488603597962065_517004318_n.jpg
    11355229_488603597962065_517004318_n.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 35
  • LargeCBK.jpg
    LargeCBK.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 41
I was looking for this. It's been six years since the last post. Wish her pictures were in HQ. I save anything with Carolyn and JFK Jr. I'm obsessed. Maybe the most beautiful couple in history. It's heartbreaking how their life ended.

i always loved that she could wear yohji and look elegant and chic...
she took the mystery out of japanese design...she understood and saw the beauty in it...
she'd mix yohji w/manolos...and a strong red lip...and it just worked...
nothing tricky or mysterious about it...just simple elegance...

she had a great eye and great style...i felt like she personified ny style...
and they were a fantastic young couple...i think the whole city mourned their death in a very personal way...
You are very correct, as I was working in NYC at the time at Bergdorf's. It was very sad in the city. You could feel it as you were walking through the city.

Has anyone bought or read Sunita Kumar Nair's book on CBK? Questioning whether or not to treat myself to it.

I have it. I liked it enough not to return it (mainly because it’s nice to have a hard copy/non online source of pictures of CBK and it’s not bad to look at) but I didn’t think it was amazing.

Depends on what your expectations are and what you want it for? There are some reviews on Amazon that are useful to give a sense of what people think.

My personal opinion was the author was a bit too ambitious and hasn’t quite delivered. It veers too much into CBK as an “influencer” type content rather than an archive of her looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->