Chanel Cruise 2016 : Stella Lucia, Kitty Hayes & Charlotte Free by Karl Lagerfeld

Nice shot, but Charlotte Free looks horrible & also look like a editorial of Teen Vogue or Seventeen.

The clothes and bags are looking very cheap.

Quite a departure from his usual work. I love that he went outdoors, but it looks like they were photoshopped to the background. I think the sea-green and purple looks lovely, but other items look very cheap.

Nice to see a different set of girls, minus Charlotte Free, of course.

They look like some lame sorority girls.

This is a new low. So CHEAP.

Karl should get rid of Carine. The girls she chooses don't fit. Chanel is slowly loosing its prestige in the fashion world I think. Campaigns are sh!t, shows are sh!t, castings are sh!t...

i'm always a bit disappointed by how the campaigns rarely correspond to the collections. like, the Bombay collection was set in a cafe. yay. the Singapore collection got a white staircase. now the Korean collection is lensed in a clearing. like, what?

at least the Salzburg collection was amidst various Austrian signs i guess? just for the French bistro to be transported to a grey background.

oh Uncle Karl...

charlotte free...interesting

i like the concept of this

Stella is cool, but Charlotte? Really. That's so low.

The shot is also very uninspiring. I agree that the settings are so random lately. The last campaigns I really liked were Fall 2010 and Spring 2011.

I hope there are other girls in the campaign, those three are honestly everything but not Chanel, but what do we expect from someone who calls Cara Delevingne his "muse"... FW was a nice surprise now we are going back to normal.

Gosh this is horrendous, it screams tacky. The casting is a bit random and the product doesn't exactly say 'buy me' which is the point of these campaigns, this really is tragic.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the cover of a Gossip Girl book. But more importantly, I can't wait to see which of the white girls in this all-white cast gets to wear the South Korean hanbok...from the collection that was inspired by South Korea...in a show that took place in South Korea...opened by a Korean American model...but with a cast that was predominantly white...

Karl's loyalty is not good at all at Chanel. It seems like his collaboration with Carine only works when he choose to work with his older, top model muses. Everytime she brings one of her young "new found love" model, it's a nightmare.

I really don't understand Carine sometimes...Her castings at Givenchy and Tom Ford are always good but she rarely get it right at Chanel.

Her tenure as a stylist for Chanel will never top Emmanuelle's one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->