Chanel Eyewear S/S 2016 : Cara Delevingne by Karl Lagerfeld

Aizanara

Reaction score

Chanel has recently unveiled a video teaser for its new eyewear campaign for spring/summer 2016.
The full ad campaign, which was shot by Karl Lagerfeld, will launch in April.
Model Cara Delevingne stars in the teaser video ad for the new SS16 campaign. The British It-model and actress sports a backwards cap and a pair of over sized mirrored mask sunglasses in the video. The sunglasses feature a quilted pattern laser-engraved on the lenses, a nod to Chanel's signature design element.
In related news, designer Karl Lagerfeld was tapped by Paris Opéra Bastille director Benjamin Millepied to design dancers' costumes for the Opera's "Brahms-Schönberg Quartet." The George Balanchine-choreographed piece is set to debut for summer 2016 (July 2 through July 15).
For a sneak peek of the new Chanel SS16 eyewear campaign, check out the video below.
fashiontimes, chanel.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to know whether the regular, affluent, Chanel customer, presumably in her 40's, will look at the first and last shot and say, 'yes, this is talking to me. I want these glasses'.

On a sidenote, I see Natalie Portman's husband tapped Chanel for the ballet costumes instead of Dior, who she's repping for. Or maybe it was Dior, but since they're without a creative head, Chanel got it instead? Where does Karl get all this energy from??

The video is kind of cool, but campaign is pretty forgettable.

The caps :wacko:
though I would have loved to see Kristen Stewart wearing these caps, at least they´re fashionable not like the ones she usually wears :lol:

Actresses are the new models, right? so being an actress it´s not an impediment for her to model... she still is the face of YSL beauty.

No one can say that Karl is not loyal to his muse/models/past it-girls...
It's rather forgettable but the video is cool.

I really want to know whether the regular, affluent, Chanel customer, presumably in her 40's, will look at the first and last shot and say, 'yes, this is talking to me. I want these glasses'.

I don't think that at this point she cares. I think that Chanel customers/followers/fans have seen everything done by Karl in the past 33 years...:D

She just looks like she's trying to be cool, it's just boring and terrible. It's like they're trying to appeal to the rich pretentious hipster crowd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->