Chanel Cruise 2025 Marseille

It looks like ruffled underwear attached to the front of that h&m 2010 hoodie dress.

This is just on a whole new level of bad. Like I have no expectations whatsoever but I still disappointed.

Only the opening look is the decent look in the entire collection. There are some okay-ish pieces here and there but overall they all just so sloppy. There is nothing South of France or Marseille about this collection. Like girl at least elevated some elements, make it fun, this is Marseille after all.
You know you have a problem when a Jacquemus Marseille show is more entertaining than a Chanel show when she has the Chanel budget to back up.
The shoes are bad and the bags are just mediocre. And the styling, gosh an abomination.

It's sad to think Karl has to do the most at Chanel to bring back the brand from oblivion while Virginie just does the bare minimum and gets away with it.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

Who on Earth would spend 7.000€ (or more) to look like this? Also, the prints with the fishes are HIDEOUS! And everything seems poorly sewn, the long white skirt hem is a shame!

Most of it could be from Bershka. Not even Zara. It screams cheap.

I really doubt this can be sustainable in the mid/long term.

she's so averse to nice looking shoes is almost funny, black flats and white flip flops could work but she combines an awful shape with an awful material and the result is something that either looks like an orthopedic shoe or club foot. unironically I'd love to see her creative process bc at times she comes so close to almost getting it, just to ruin the whole thing with a ghastly design choice like an incongruous patch pocket, a ridiculous fish print or the worst colour pallette the human mind can conjure.

also the shapes are always working against the drape of the fabric bc she doesn't know how to create a silhouette and add textures, looks 4 and 11 for instance are so bulky, frumpy and incredibly stiff when they should have a lightness to it. look 53 is so confusing wtf was she trying to say bc absolutely NOTHING works, its like when youre too lazy to create a character in a game so you just click randomize and hope for the best, which is not this case

most designers dont know when to stop but in Virginie's case it feels like she barely started, her collections are a bit like talking to someone who never finishes their senteces and their train of thought where the listener is left in a permanent state of anxiety and frustration

imgbox - fast, simple image host

Who on Earth would spend 7.000€ (or more) to look like this? Also, the prints with the fishes are HIDEOUS! And everything seems poorly sewn, the long white skirt hem is a shame!

Most of it could be from Bershka. Not even Zara. It screams cheap.

I really doubt this can be sustainable in the mid/long term.
that look screams i give up on fashion but im gonna do it in chanel

I feel like I am posting too many times, but I literally can't understand how someone could come up with something like this. I can't. It goes beyond my understanding.

It is wrong in every level. In literally every level. Starting from the location. The building can be interesting, but the pictures look terrible with that background and with those clothes IN that background.

- The make up and the hair look terrible as well. Do you remember the beautiful make-ups by the make-up artist (I always forget his name) that worked for Chanel around 2004-2006?

- The shoes. They are all sorts of ugly. Like something from the dollar store. But they don't even look ironical or cool, just cheap and ugly.

- The prints... Oh, god, who is in charge of the prints department. How can you say yes to the fish print? It's ridiculous... Doesn't even feel lolita or childish in a cute way.

- The proportions... It's like Virginie tries to make women look bad. How can we make the models look short and disproportionate? Virginie for sure has the best answers... Not even trying! Don't they do fittings!!??

- The colors... The green, the yellow... OMG, how terrible. So out of touch.

- The ugly details trying to be young, like the neoprene hoodies, the kangaroo pockets with the pool-mosaic-effects...

- The logos...

- The fugly designed clothes... Every garment looks like it comes from my worst nightmare. Not a single spark of nice design anywhere. It's all so heavy-handed, so poor, so bad constructed, so cheap...

I guess she was a very good right hand, but she can't F******* be a creative director. She literally can't. She has no vision whatsoever. And doesn't she have people around to tell her all this?

I've seen the comments in WWD and everybody agrees. It's not a matter of taste.

After this collection, and giving her record, I can’t possibly be against the « Hedi for Chanel » crowd.
If the simplest jeans/tshirt/jacket cannot be executed flawlessly, we have a major problem.

I’m sure even Bruno Pavlovsky wouldn’t want to see his wife in this.
Even the CEO wouldn’t want to wear any of this.

It's not ugly or unpleasant, but it always feels like I'm looking at KNOCKOFF Chanel. There's something off-kilter with this new team.

its the year 2000 and project runway invites Karl Lagerfeld to be the guest judge. The brief is to photograph a few of his tweed jackets in front of central park as inspiration. They are then challenged to make a wardrobe for Heidi Klum for her upcoming vacation in Marseille.

Watching the livestream, I see that these clothes look even worse in motion. Everything fits/drapes so poorly: stiff when it's supposed to be floaty, droopy when it's supposed to be structured, botched proportions. Again, Virginie's collections would work if she actually had a technical eye.

Also, when one holds a show where the sky plays a big role in the setting, the sky has to be blue. Otherwise, the clouds will set a grey cast on everything. I only really enjoy Viard-era Chanel shows for the dynamic cinematography.

its the year 2000 and project runway invites Karl Lagerfeld to be the guest judge. The brief is to photograph a few of his tweed jackets in front of central park as inspiration. They are then challenged to make a wardrobe for Heidi Klum for her upcoming vacation in Marseille.
lol, this is 100% the most 'not known in France and Claudia Schiffer doesn't know me' collection I have seen.

Because allegedly it sells really well :(

This is awful and depressing.
lol allegedly ..... reality it sells. because women have all different body types and they make simple cuts with novelty on them so rich ladies can eat their dinners and still wear Chanel and get one with their lives :-)... if this collection will do well remains to be seen but people buy into items not full look any ways and mix it with older stuff or other brands ......i need to see it more later or but up close these are things for RTW clients as usual ..but yes it could have been more striking and tell a story the environment does not help either.

To some we see trash. To others we see the compost pile needed to bloom the most beautiful flowers we've been longing for. I feel that soon we will see the final stage of decomposition begin. Bigger is not always better and fat will finally be deleted.

How does Virginie Viard still have a job. This is a performance based position in which you are judged on your ouput and every collection is seemingly worse than the last. The entire brand direction under her leadership has become tepid, uninspired, dowdy. They're clothes for wealthy old ladies with no taste. Nothing about it is inspired or aspirational. Not even the set design is elevated anymore. How do you make a Le Corbusier designed building look like a Westfield carpark. It's all miserable.
Because Chanel revenues have doubled under her. Like you said, it’s performance based and her performance is good (in that regard). To the public Chanel is Uber desirable at the moment. I’d say she’s done well even if we hate her clothes.

I was not upset at her collections, even if they were boring. But THIS, this is not just bland, it's bad, it's ugly, it's so bad that it sends a terrible message. It feels cheap. You can't design (there is no design here, but) a Chanel collection that looks cheap. It's not an option. I don't think she can survive this. She has to GO.

She can't even keep up the appearances, which was her real function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->