Chanel F/W 08.09 Paris

The hair looked really unwashed and it made the clothes look cheap.

If you're going to have a ripped Chanel jacket, you need to make the hair and/or make-up more ....classy.

I think Karl is trying way too hard to be 'young and modern'.

I like this collection but like much of Karl's work it is nothing new or innovative or interesting.

I think Karl is trying way too hard to be 'young and modern'.

I like this collection but like much of Karl's work it is nothing new or innovative or interesting.

They were saying almost exactly the same things about Karl and Chanel in the early 90s...Which would be about $15 Billion worth of sales ago... :innocent:

They were saying almost exactly the same things about Karl and Chanel in the early 90s...Which would be about $15 Billion worth of sales ago... :innocent:

:lol::shock:

I didn't say that what he was doing wasn't profitable as it obviously is. What I was saying is that its getting too consistent for my liking.

And plus its CHANEL. People would put into the luxury of it even if, god forbid, Lindsay Lohan was designing!! :lol::innocent:

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all! :wink: I keep books from as many old Chanel fashion shows as I can along with the newspaper reviews, and over the years it follows a pattern- New colors and styles: He's gone crazy and is ruining the Chanel legacy!!! Tweed suits and boater hats: He's boring and doing the same thing over and over...!! :lol: Seems like he can never win- except that it works and has been an unbelievable success over several decades... :wink:

^^^^^ :lol:

PS. I can't WAIT for Resort!!! :woot: Here is some info:

Monday, February 25, 2008
(PARIS) CABANA KARL:

Those who thought Karl Lagerfeld might be kitschy enough to show his upcoming Chanel cruise collection on a ship or pierside in Miami need think again. A Chanel spokeswoman confirmed Monday that Karl Lagerfeld's cruise presentation will take place pool--not ocean--side on May 15 at The Raleigh, the posh hotel owned by André Balazs. And if the past is any indication of the future, Kaiser Karl has already reserved an entire floor for his domain.

credit: fashionweekdaily

^^I'm packing already!! Meet you at the bar for Mojitos!! :woot:

Execllent!! Maybe you can get us into the after party!! :woot::lol:

Accessories

099m.jpg
100m.jpg

101m.jpg
104m.jpg

102m.jpg
105m.jpg

style.com

^ At least they look cleaned up a bit. The show, for me, felt like a dirty version of Chanel-not good dirty.The colection just wasn't connecting for me in the way that others have.

the metallic fringe bag is very lovely ...

what is this ?? :huh:
111m.jpg

style

^^A clutch, maybe? The little silver thing on top may be the clasp and the hole at the bottom is probably where you hold it...?

it is a clutch... but i think the point is actually seeing the reference to the Chanel Mobile Art building that is now in HK but that will be travelling around the globe in years to come...

http://www.chanel-mobileart.com/

testuser5_oct2007_01_hadid_am091007_onaqbc_o7aobc.jpg

it's been on the press for a while, famous architect, famous brand, famous designer, innovative project, talented artists, and bla, bla, bla...

pic from adk-europe.com

i feel like chanel just keeps producing and reproducing the same thing. none of this looks new or unexpected.

This really isn't that great of a collection. I would expect a lot more from Karl. I feel like I've seen this from him before and nothing really stands out. This is all really boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->