Chinese Street Style

^the second guy looks really familiar. Who is he?
Frankie Xie,he is China's first designer to take his creation to the opening of Paris Fashion Week.
His company, Jefen is China's first brand to get onto the global haute couture stage

Last edited by a moderator:
I am bemused, Chinese people's way of dress had changed.... which city were they captured in? A few caucasians mixed in as well.

The pictures in this thread only represent a tiny tiny minority of people. It's like going to a thread for japanese lolita style - most japanese do not dress like that.

Most pictures here seem to be of people working in high end retail / friends of photographers / models / designers / koreans / japanese / other foreigners (even, being a foreigner - esp. white - is enough to get on a streetstyle site :blink:).

Well these go for most street style threads don't they. I remember going to the Paris street style thread and the pics were all taken outside fashion week shows :doh:

Oh thank you wangjc0784, I'm reading about him now.
I think I've been to a Jefen store before, that's why.

Have you guys heard of a guy in China, hitting rock bottom of his life and being on the road for seven years, then suddenly shot to national fame recently because someone testing a new camera at a Sony Style store just so happened to have taken a snap of him and what he was wearing? That's what you call streetstyle, :lol:

Most pictures here seem to be of people working in high end retail / friends of photographers / models / designers / koreans / japanese / other foreigners (even, being a foreigner - esp. white - is enough to get on a streetstyle site :blink:).

Nah, they just randomly get shot on the streets. But they pick specific locations where they'll find more fashionable people - like right outside of H&M and Zara... I got shot by p1.cn on my trip to China, but maybe it was the foreigner thing like you mentioned? Still, I was surprised to see how fashion-conscious cities like Shanghai are!

Oh thank you wangjc0784, I'm reading about him now.
I think I've been to a Jefen store before, that's why.

Have you guys heard of a guy in China, hitting rock bottom of his life and being on the road for seven years, then suddenly shot to national fame recently because someone testing a new camera at a Sony Style store just so happened to have taken a snap of him and what he was wearing? That's what you call streetstyle, :lol:

Sharp brother
2069652_1231321231_thumb.jpg

It's nice to see that there's more variety in P1.cn's choices - less neon colours, random slogans and trucker caps are always a good thing.

Though the 'come hither' pose is still prevalent - the girl in post 335 with the wide belt cracks me up.

^:lol: I thought the same! and talk about hate for those trucker caps!

I think Chinese style has been improving, at least people are finally getting colors and proportions.
But most of the outfits still have too much going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->