Christian Dior F/W 2006.07 Paris

Christian Dior Medium Gaucho Saddle Bag - Neutrals Shoulder Bags, Handbags - CHR341832 | The RealReal

CHR341832_1_enlarged.jpg

00110m.jpg

The jackets and leather are HOOOOOTTTT! Stripped away from the show theatrics and lighting makes me appreciate them all the more. They're also fantastic adaptations to the previous couture show. Thanks @Scotty ☺️

I have never been a fan of this collection but I think that except for the classic Galliano gowns, it has aged quite badly…Even more compared to all the leading fashion houses collections for that season!

fabulous. one of his best prêt-à-porter collections. love love love.

I have never been a fan of this collection but I think that except for the classic Galliano gowns, it has aged quite badly…Even more compared to all the leading fashion houses collections for that season!
Agree. Spring/Summer 2006 RTW was far superior. And in fact, despite Spring/Summer 2006 being such a "commercial" collection, I think it was one of John's absolute best collections for Dior, Couture or RTW.

But Fall/Winter 2006 RTW doesn't have the same effect. I love the IDEA of this show - I love the Axl Rose hair and makeup and those huge rhinestone shield sunglasses. I love the hair metal soundtrack and the Grand Palais setting. I love the washed goatskin saddle bags. I love the furs.

Somehow, though, it doesn't fully come together, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->