Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2000 Paris

verkeerd

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics from this collection, because i can't find any online:(

(i'm talking about the clochards collection, i think it was s/s 2000 but i could be wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh!sorry....

i misunderstood the title....i thought you were asking dior rtw 00ss>_<

it is so hard to find runway pics before 2000

I have some saved pics from firstview

firstview

Not necessarily my favorite Galliano collection, but how on earth did he go from this to what was shown at S/S 08? How do you just lose your "cool"?

what happened , John Galliano was like in his A game during the early part of the decade now he is turning into Frida , I guess corporate pressure to produce mass apeal clothing to new markets is the driving force (but I dont think they would like his fall collection either) , well I hope he makes up for it with his signature line.

Another depressing trip down memory lane. One of my favorite Galliano collections.

I should've saved the pictures from firstview when I had the chance.

This is everything I loved about John and Dior...so sad to see what it has became now...

These look as if they are for this season! How odd..I can totally see this being worn today despite the 8 year difference which is usually enough to be outdated..I miss those days too :( Galliano was at his prime....

This collection and the Taxidermy collection are my favorite HC Dior shows. John needs to do another outrageous show. Sadly I dont see it happening.

Hi guys, I am desperately searching for pictures of Dior HC SS 2000 collection - the "Hobo" collection - I desperately (seriously, desperately) need it for my project which should really be in for tomorrow and google refuses to give me any pictures of it.

Can anybody help?!?!?!

:heart::heart:

Besides the photos in this thread, you could search on Corbis.com. Just type in Dior 2000 and they have a pretty good selection of images from this collection.

This really made me realize the problem with Dior, Couture especially. For the past two years or so, John has been designing cliche couture collections...he's been designing grand ball gowns and it's all been very vintage couture.

It's frustrating because his couture collections from this period (2000) to about 2005 were really anything but 'cliche' couture collections. Collections like this one, inspired by homeless people, collections inspired by fetishes, nightmares and dysfunctional families, collections inspired by Edie Sedgwick, collections inspired by Marilyn Monroe and ancient Aztecs...now it's all inspired by vintage Dior, Avedon and Penn, old Hollywood glamour, blah, blah, blah. He's stopped taking inspiration from the world and the street and now he's only been inspired by vintage Dior couture...which means it's old, stale, irrelevant, and cliche.

In my opinion, Riccardo Tisci and JPG have taken John's place as the irreverant, truly modern Couture designers...instead of making ridiculous, old school ballgowns, Tisci will design a couture bomber jacket, a couture pea coat...JPG, instead of designing vintage ballgowns, will instead design a couture trench, a couture pantsuit, a couture sweater...that all so much more modern and relevant than any debutante ballgown.

John used to be the kind of guy who would design a couture leotard, a couture coat splattered with bleach, a couture track suit, a couture biker jacket...now Dior couture is beginning to look like a 'ladies who lunch' label who wear nothing but smart skirt suits and ballgowns to their galas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->