Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2000 Paris

I just found this postcard of Dress no.39 from ss 00, which is advertising an exhibition entitled "Remaking Fashion" at the National Gallery of Victoria (Melb, Aus, 26 Sep 08 - 19 Apr 09).

Examine the process of clothing construction in contemporary fashion and see how designers such as Rei Kawakubo at Comme des Garcons, Helmut Lang, Vivienne Westwood and John Galliano for Christian Dior have reinterpreted previously hidden structural elements as design features.

dior00sscouture.jpg

another image from the website for the exhibition:

RF02.jpg

This is the look on the runway:

0000361700-023.jpg
0000361697-016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like they added little white balls to the points of the boning
for the runway :P :alien: i like it a lot on the mannequin , a lot more structured and cleaned up

That dress is so gorgeous
I wish I could find video for this collection and more pictures :(

Some pictures from the collection:

sources: gettyimages.fr, ngv.vic.gov.au, design.designmuseum.org, spike413.blogspot.fr

cont.

same source

Too bad this collection is not on Vogue Runway...

I didn't know there was a thread for this collection! I have all the runway pictures in MQ.

*europeanafashion

Awesome! Thank you so much Melancholybaby for taking the time to upload everything!

I still, almost 17 years later, love this collection. I remember reading about it and watching snippets of it as a teenager when it debuted, I remember seeing Courtney Love wear a piece from it to the 2000 Golden Globes ceremony, I remember seeing pieces in the magazines, and I remember not entirely getting it but being fascinated by it all the same.

Who knows if I "get it" even now? I've drawn my own conclusions from it, broken it down, examined the details, researched the references (those last four dresses were my introduction to Egon Schiele) and aside from being totally, totally entranced by the oddness, the broken beauty of it all, the mixture of something romantic and poetic with something which is ultimately very sad, the inverse snobbery inherent in creating and displaying tattered, deconstructed, totally abstracted clothing that has employed the most delicate, intricate and laborious workmanship to achieve its ripped up, repurposed effect and then ostensibly selling it to some of the wealthiest fashion customers in the world. It's anarchic in its own little way, and that anarchy is the perfect foil for the minutely frayed edges of pink tulle and threadbare embroidery.

Honestly the breakdown of this collection as an artistic, social, or political statement doesn't even matter so much to me. I'm just happy it exists. It's one of those weird fashion anomalies that will never happen again and which probably shouldn't have happened in the first place, but thank god it did.

Dodie Rosekrans at the YSL retrospective exhibit opening at the de Young Museum in San Francisco (Nov. 2008) wearing Dior Haute Couture S/S 2000. Kinda obsessed with this lol

3008053879_104449fd2c_o.jpg 5fd6737374219.jpg

Ayoub in Cannes this year. All these "kings of vintage" and their nobodies clients in borrowed dresses can go home, when Queen of Couture arrives

gettyimages.com
We need to revive her thread!

She may not be the classiest or have the best style but I’ve always loved how fearless she was. I remember how she was very vocal about her love for this collection in French tv when the scandal happened.

She looks better than she did in the past decade.

She also ordered Oluchi's and Frankie's looks from this collection. That's 3 in a row from the show.
It is strange that her Cannes dress is actualy modified. She was not that shy with her choices from other brands that season. Atelier Versace and two from Givenchy

gettyimages.com

I think she also ordered Natalia's dress from the finale too. I remember there being a pic of it hanging in her yacht

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->