Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

I am laughing at the end of the video where she is basically delivering the line ... did they really pick a bad take because it sounds hilarious? The plot wasn't too bad though. Eh, I don't know as to why care about Galliano reference with "the past is no place to live." I am not going to get into any argument about Galliano x Dior but Galliano harmed the house's reputation enough. Any brand would have done such thing to remind once again that they do not want work with someone like that despite his/her merit and vision. Dior's plan from start to now (hiring Raf Simons, forgoing theatricality) is to basically erase any bond the house has had with the Galliano-era.

I know she's an actress but I found she over did the acting, I didn't get the concept for the commercial either, it was just very messy and I won't even harp on about the CGI...

But then again it's hard to better her past commercials.. my personal fave...

The new commercial is a major downgrade from past J'adore campaigns. It might even be time for a new face of the fragrance even though I'm mad for Charlize Theron. They should have done something just a little different. I hope this doesn't become like Marion Cotillard's Dior ads - overrun, tiresome and underwhelming.

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now. At this stage Charlize & Natalie's campaigns are really redundant, and Jennifer & Marion just doesn't suit Raf's aesthetic. Raf keeps going on and on about this 'new woman', wish he'd just match her with his designs(*cough* Leelee *cough*).

I just saw the ad on TV and wow... it's so damn captivating.

Got the September issue of Russian Glamour today and just as you open the issue, there's a brand new shot of Charlize for J'Adore. The image must have been shot recently because Theron has a bob hairstyle. It's a great shot but no evident signs of a brand new concept for the campaign.

As much as I like Charlize and her J'adore ads, Carmen's is still my favourite

I think this is the new one

88bf39f7gw1eurdypc0x5j20wu19bah6.jpg

@Fashion_bangZ

it's almost unbelievable to know that she has been the face of J'adore for 11 years! That's longer than the original face of the fragrance and than anybody in the business.
I still like the fragrance but i feel like in terms of ad, everything has been done with her.
Maybe it's time for them to choose another face for "j'adore".

I think this is the new one

@Fashion_bangZ

That's it! I did do a search prior to posting yesterday (obviously didn't try hard enough). Thank you for posting! :heart:

The first one with the silhouette looks very much like a poor man's take on Gisele's Chanel ad. Charlize looks flawless, but it's time to get a new face. Carmen's video campaign is almost iconic at this stage.

New campaign for 2016 by Jean-Baptiste Mondino:

3953754700000578_3834119_How_does_she_do_it_The.jpg

4807532233767_EE53_EFBA299_E873918_D.jpg

dailymail.co.uk and Dior's official newsletter via vogue28

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but I love it! Not a fan of the dress though. I wonder what does the future hold for all these women at Dior....

I actually like this. It somehow fits well with Charlize and the whole thing. But that dress is like survivor couture not a very good way though.

Another epic commercial from J'Adore.

I think the J'Adore + Charlize pairing is the best in recent history. Everything they've done turns to gold. (wink wink).

She's impossibly beautiful and elegant and powerful. Her charisma is just so commanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->