Christian Dior 'J'adore' Fragrances : Charlize Theron

Maybe Dior's best commercial in a decade (all perfume combined).
For the first time, it's not related to the past or Christian Dior, or anything parisian. It's modern without trying too hard.
No more Versailles!!

A Dior perfume ad with a woman with undone hair is really a sign of time. If they wants their brand to be less lady like and stiff, this is the right strategy.

The dress looks more Versace than Dior but the commercial is great. I prefer this to the cheesy one of Gisele for Chanel.

Definitely a step up after that horrific Raf Simon's era J'Adore commercial when she climbs up to the rooftop...that was heinous!

I like the direction better here, for sure, although it's still missing something. Maybe it's just that - even after all these years - it's still such a hard act to follow Carmen Kass' absolutely iconic original J'Adore commercial that the subsequent ones will always compare, no matter how far they try to move on or how many years pass. Even so - Charlize's first commercial in the gold satin sheets with the Nina Simone track playing was a more solid commercial than this newest version.

In fact, maybe that's just it - I really loved Charlize's first commercial for the fragrance because it was less narrative driven and more a mood. I like the idea of this current campaign being more natural and in the desert with the water - but the more narrative (and narrated) aspect of it is a bit dated and try hard.

I am loving the new commercial and print campaign for J'adore, and really does feel like a sense of reinvention yet remaining true to the scent's identity - which I love. This is just gorgeous and so well done. Plus, that dress Charlize is wearing.. :wub:

The last shot is so cheesy, but I love it!! It makes me yearn for my upcoming December trip!!

Charlize is back (blowing that awful Jennifer Lawrence fragrance campaign out the water) for J'adore's new print and commercial campaign for 2018:

Jesus, who needs a model when you have Charlize??? Her presence is astounding. I liked the little walk, almost expected her to break out dancing like Beyonce at the end. And the dresses look awful in fit. But it's not a terrible campaign.

When it comes to water and Dior, nothing will ever beat Carmen. That will forever be Dior's most iconic fragrance ad ever!
This new one is nice. Too bad she is wearing a MGC dress...
She has two iconic campaigns: the 2004 & 2006 ones...

Kanye must be happy! Pay day!

MAGNIFICENT.

Charlize really embodies this brand's luxury and glamour in a way that, truly, nobody else does I think. The Carmen Kass print campaign is iconic, no doubt. But please go back and re-watch the commercial, this one blows it entirely out of the water.

The J'adore campaigns have long since taken over from YSL's Opium as an instantly recognisable statement about a woman with a sense of sensuality and no shame about expressing it.

It's a winning formula which works each and every time, and I don't blame Dior whatsoever for not replacing Charlize Theron as the face of the J'adore fragrance. She's just so radiant and captivating in the new commercial, far beyond Jennifer Lawrence's reach (and makes the recent Joy campaign look pathetic).

I've just Googled Charlize's past J'adore campaigns and completely forgot how much I adored the campaign from 2004, where she was wrapped in the gold fabric and photographed by Nick Knight.

It's a pity abput the Kanye West song, but this campaign seems to be all over Instagram, which means another triumph for Dior. The print version is awful though.

Lol, thanks for comparing that gross Joy campaign next to this glamorous and stunning one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->