Christina Aguilera slams Mariah Carey

style_savy

Reaction score
mariahcarey1nx.jpg

Apparently there's some bad blood between multi-octave divas Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey.

According to Access Hollywood, the war of words started when Aguilera said that Carey was "never cool to me" in the June issue of GQ.

"One time, we were at a party and I think she got really drunk, and she had just really derogatory things to say to me," Aguilera told the magazine. "But it was at that time that she had that breakdown, so she might have been very medicated."

(In 2001, Carey was hospitalized for exhaustion after several bizarre public appearances, including a near-striptease on MTV's TRL.)

In response to Aguilera's comments, Carey told Access Hollywood, "I had hoped that Christina was in a better place now than the last time I saw her, when she showed up uninvited at one of my parties and displayed questionable behavior.

"It is sad yet predictable that she would use my name at this time to reinvent past incidents for her promotional gain," Carey added. "It is in my heart to forgive and I will keep her in my prayers."

Aguilera, whose new album, Back to Basics, is due Aug. 15, seems ready for a truce. "I do not want any bad energy with anyone," she told Access when contacted for comment. "My intentions were not to upset Mariah with any statements that were published or taken out of context. I have all the respect in the world for her."

people.com

Mariah could snap her in two! This is a classic catfight. Funny because Christina always said that she was inspired by Mariah as a kid. :innocent:

Go Christina.

I remember Christina saying in a mag that she was once at an awards/concert thing where they were both performing and Christina wanted to meet Mariah as she has looked up to her and Mariah went "NO, NO WAY".

Some 16 year old singer wants to meet her idol and she couldn't even spare 5 mins to say hi. What a b*tch. It just goes to show how nervous Mariah is of younger talented singers. You didn't see Madonna, Janet or Whitney do this to Christina or Britney.

It's hard to know what to believe these days. If this is true, then that's really rude on Mariah's part...

Seems like it was Mariah who shut Christina down. As usual Aguilera is spouting off at the mouth and having to back down and apologize.

I :heart: both MC & Christina but the fact of the matter is Christina is using Mariah's name for promotional gain. Why bring up something that happened years ago? Even if the interviewer did ask her about Mariah she could have said no comment. The same thing happened when Christina talked sh*t about Britney in Blender magazine and then claimed that her words were "misconstrued". *smdh*

Christina really needs to either shut the hell up or if she's gonna talk sh*t be a real woman and claim it rather then saying that her words were taken out of context, misconstrued, et cetera.

Lastly Label Basher that little incident isn't true.

Velouria said:
It's hard to know what to believe these days. If this is true, then that's really rude on Mariah's part...

How is it rude on Mariah's part? Christina is the one who brought this up then backed down. Mariah defended herself and shut Christina down forcing her to issue an apology.

I was raised on Mariah's music. And it has more substance. Or had.

Boo Christina. Let's make shirts.

Libra Skye18 said:
Lastly Label Basher that little incident isn't true./quote]

I'm not 100% sure it is true but how do you know it's not. You're obviously a Mariah fan so you may know more than I do but this "story" of Mariah not wanting anything to do with Christina has be mention more than a few times over the years. I've seen pics of Christina with Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Jennifer Lopez and Britney but no pic with Mariah which says something to me. I've actually never seen pics of Mariah with any of the other younger singers either. I don't want to start something so please don't take this the wrong way I'm just saying it could have happen.

Label Basher said:
Libra Skye18 said:
Lastly Label Basher that little incident isn't true./quote]

I'm not 100% sure it is true but how do you know it's not. You're obviously a Mariah fan so you may know more than I do but this "story" of Mariah not wanting anything to do with Christina has be mention more than a few times over the years. I've seen pics of Christina with Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Jennifer Lopez and Britney but no pic with Mariah which says something to me. I've actually never seen pics of Mariah with any of the other younger singers either. I don't want to start something so please don't take this the wrong way I'm just saying it could have happen.

Actually, I happen to be a fan of both. But yes I obviously do know more about the "situation" since I follow both Mariah & Christina's career.

But lets say that the story that you mentioned is true, thats fair right? Though I never read about that supposed incident until now and I've read upon a lot of Mariah vs Christina bs. How that slipped through the cracks is odd.

Anyways, if it is true...Why would Christina continue to site Mariah as one of her main influences and speak highly of her? Why would Mariah invite Christina to one of her party's and Christina say "I love Mariah" on Extra? I understand that you don't know the situation but I don't think that if anyone was rude to me that I would go to a party of theirs, or claim that I loved them. But hey thats just me. :wink: I could be wrong though. :unsure:

As for Mariah not being pictured with younger singers...just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean that they don't exist. I don't know what an photo op would prove but I'll just leave it at that. :innocent:

1st of all.. We all know Mariah is a little insane. Besides, Christina crashed a party.. tell me which celebrity hasn't done that. It wasn't Mariah's sweet 16 so she can shove that old hag *** of hers up because it wasn't a big deal.

Christina is in fact a Mariah Carey fan, it's not her fault Mariah is just a hating b*tch. :o She fears Christina will replace her vocal spot, which she has probably done so. Mariah's voice is nowhere close as it was back in the day..it's a proven fact, watch her try to sing her own songs live. She sucks badly!!!

Mariah just turned the situation around and made Christina look the like the bad person when really it wasn't a big deal. She just needs to go back to rehab. Honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that Christina showed up univited and acted badly and I believe that Mariah flew off at the mouth in a diva tantrum. I think it's childish Christina would allude to Mariahs tougher times and medication highs and I think its childish Mariah would be all 'she was univited to my party'. I seriously wish I could've seen this fight. Would have been AWESOME.

^^^ (To Mr. Fabulous)

No "I" don't know that Mariah is insane but I do know that both have had their share of troubles but Mariah's were more on public display.

Mariah is a hating b*tch ? :lol: (what does she have to hate on anyone about is beyond me...) but who brought up this old *** supposed situation? Oh thats right Christina. Mariah is on top of the mountain and Christina is using her name for promotional gain. As much as I have love for Christina I have to call it like I see it. You can say what you want about Mariah's voice but her legacy as one of the greatest vocalist, who has inspired everyone from Aguilera, to Clarkson, Beyonce, American Idol hopefuls, et cetera is already sealed. :flower:

Mariah made Christina look like the bad person? I would say that it was Christina who is constantly putting her foot in her mouth and then back peddling as usual. Christina brought up the situation, Mariah shut her down and Christina tried to lame *** excuse her way out of the mess she made.

^ Blah, Blah, Blah..

don't take the story out of context.. it's nothing important anyways.

:lol: Yet important enough for you to comment about. Gosh how I love Stans.....^_^

Wow we got our own little cat fights going on in here!:boxer:

I'm just saying, I don't believe anything that comes out of Mariahs mouth. She's known of being fake and she's most likely doing it right now. The b*tch is crazy.. deal with it.

But the story is sooo old people will start making a huge deal about it. Lets just forget the damn subject and move on.

Christina does look great though.

Lmao @ Style_Savy.

Mr. Fabulous said:
I'm just saying, I don't believe anything that comes out of Mariahs mouth. She's known of being fake and she's most likely doing it right now. The b*tch is crazy.. deal with it.

But the story is sooo old people will start making a huge deal about it. Lets just forget the damn subject and move on.

Christina does look great though.

Lmao! I'm just saying that you are a Stan...deal with it. :flower:

What the hell is a Stan to begin with?

It must be better than being a Lamb, thats fo sho!

Can someone tell me what exactly a stan is?

edit: whats a lamb?

haha I feel quite silly

This is just so stupid....both of them are old enough to know better, to act mature. Obviously they aren't mature....so childish if any of this is true....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flawlessdisaster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->