Christina Aguilera slams Mariah Carey

:lol: @ Fo Sho'.

A Stan is that of an obsessive fan, one who sees no wrong in the celeb(s) that they adore. Sorta like the label that some of the "Lambs" get (rightfully so :innocent: I'm not gonna get into that though...they might be watching me. :ninja: ).

No, seriously.. i'm a Christina fan, but I do see her faults aka the dirrty video, the maxim shoots, the marilyn attire with the full on red lipstick that makes me cringe whenever I see it..(not the GQ shoot, she looked stunning). But when it comes to Mariah Carey, I know she overracts to everything.

Haha.. celebrities are so stupid sometimes though.

You really need to be some kind of class-less artist to attack super stars lie that. First of all, it's called respect. And if you want to criticize them for something they did to you, no need to do it 3 years after the facts. Christina may think she's better than anyone and can criticize stars of her "generation" like Britney, Kelly Osbourne & co but she's trying to hard with Mariah. And anyway Mariah killed her with her answer.

Someone said in this topic that Mariah hate female stars younger than her and don't take pictures with. Well, there are pictures of Mariah with Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Britney, ... . She even invited Lindsay to one of her party in her apartment.

**ADMIN EDIT**

Reason: PROFANITY!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ and Mariah is any different?

The real quote:
"I think Kelly Clarkson has a really powerful voice," she says. "She's really good. And when I met her, she was a real sweetheart. Some of these girls, like even Lindsay Lohan, when I run into them they're so complimentary, saying how they grew up listening to me and all this. And I forget, I mean, I feel young still, but these girls are even younger.
But I never want to get to the place where I'm so...I dunno, diva-ed out for people that have admired me to be around me." Like it was for Aguilera to be around say, Mariah Carey. "She was never cool to me," she says, "to the point that one time we were at a party and I think she got really drunk, and she had just really derogatory things to say to me in front of..." she trails off. "but it was at that time that she had that breakdown, so she might have been very medicated."

- GQ Magazine.

This will be great for the new season of Celebrity Deathmatch.

I believe Christina totally. Mariah has been rumored several times to be threatened by up-and-coming female artists.

Also, Mariah appears to have the mentality of a child. A mature adult would not have responded or acknowledged Christina's negative comments.

Several years ago, Cosmo had reported that Mariah and friends had been throwing ice cubes at a new female singer (Samantha Cole) in a nightclub in NYC. A couple of years later, I met Samantha's brother and he did indeed confirm the story.

Break break dowwwwnnn...

I love Mariah.. but I believe Christina.. I believe her story in GQ and Mariah is trying to clean up her side of the story and Christina probably doesn't want to escalate the situation so she backed down.. simple enough.

Like any of this matters anyway..

And about Christina saying this for publicity.. maybe its true.. but then again you have to notice that celebs usually only do interviews in the first place (magazines, talk shows) when they are promoting a movie or an album.. so that naturally gives more for the press to blow up into "feuds"

And if that ice cube story is true then Mariah totally needs to grow up.... she's like 60 now right? (ok ok I'm kidding.. she like 30something.. but my point is she should be a lot lot lot more mature) This is not how a "legend" should act

:lol: @ The "ice cube" story. *smdh* There are no words....

Anyways, I don't believe a damn word Christina said about Mariah. Retracting back about my statement that Christina was invited to one of Mariah's party which is what I and many others had believed- clearly that wasn't the case yet Christina still got in.

This situation took place in 2003 (2 years after Mariah's physical & emotional breakdown) at a time when Christina was still going through her "Dirrty" phase and had admitted that alcohol was her vice.

Soon after Mariah's Blue Diamond Party, tabloid stories surfaced that Christina had been acting a damn fool & was drunk out of her mind (see below). Which wouldn't surprise me...

From January 2003:

Mariah Warns Christina About Battle With Booze

Mariah Carey has reached out to Christina Aguilera to urge the hard partying pop tart to seek help before she spirals into a full-blown alcohol and partying addiction. She told XXX-Tina, "You're going to end up burned out at 30, like I was!" The scene happened at the party Mariah tossed after the American Music Awards, where Aguilera got so plowed that she nearly lost her skimpy top. Mariah played big sister to the younger diva, begging her not to buckle under the pressures and temptations of young stardom that Mariah herself nearly flamed out on. Carey ordered her handlers to sneak the drunken Aguilera past photographers by covering her with a towel. Even while covered up, Christina continued boozing under the towel! But her cover was blown when her glass slipped and shattered on the sidewalk outside.

Source: Popdirt.com

But in general (leaving out the assumptions)... The way I view the situation is that it was not only catty as hell to bring up ones past problems (not to mention Christina herself had a mini breakdown yet one that wasn't as interesting to get full on press) but I find her once again bringing up another artist to garner interest in herself (ie~ promotional gain) as being pathetic.

Its interesting that she blasted Eminem in her 'Can't Hold Us Down' song (he deserved it though) with the lines ~ Slandering names for popularity... its sad that you only get your fame through controversy. When she herself has decided to wallow in that gutter... once again. :innocent:

*ADMIN EDIT** I find it hilarious that she says she doesn't want to be too much of a diva around up-and-comers who admire her, yet she has no problem acting like she's royalty around established stars. A few years ago, Mary J. Blige went to say hi to Christina, and Christina stuck out her hand in a way to suggest that MJB should kiss it. (MJB confirmed in an interview that this happened). **ADMIN EDIT**

Reason: PROFANITY

P.S. LOL @ that Samantha Cole story. Apparantly, she's a psycho and a complete Mariah carey fanatic. The stories I heard about her trying so hard to be and act like Mariah are just... wow. If I was Mariah, I would have thrown bottles.

ChinaLove said:
Christina Aguilera is a ho. And stupid one too. I find it hilarious that she says she doesn't want to be too much of a diva around up-and-comers who admire her, yet she has no problem acting like she's royalty around established stars. A few years ago, Mary J. Blige went to say hi to Christina, and Christina stuck out her hand in a way to suggest that MJB should kiss it. (MJB confirmed in an interview that this happened). WTF?! What the hell does this little tart think she's doing, acting like a little try-hard diva around someone like Mary J. Blige?

LMFAO. Sorry, but i would have loved to see Mary's face when that happened.

Christina just needs to learn her place. Regardless what Mariah said, Mariah's a DIVA and she was established well before Christina even did the Mickey Mouse Club.

There are certain women that have just established themselves already, and no matter what the MEDIA might say about them, these younger artists need to keep their yaps shut. Mariah, Madonna, Whitney.

Whitney has become a total joke in recent years, but you still NEVER hear any actual singers say anything negative about her. They know their place -- she paved the way for all these "power vocalists" like Christina, Kelly, Beyonce, even Mariah. The Enquirer can tear Whitney to shreds every week (and lord knows they do) but at least the people in the actual industry have more respect than that.

I loved when Christina performed a tribute to Whitney, when she won the "Lifetime Achievement" award at the BET Awards.

Whitney was like, "You know, Christina. I like you. (*insert Christina's surprised expression*) No, really! I mean it! I do! That was the best version of 'Run To You' I've heard -- aside from my own."

That's how a diva handles herself. Point is, Christina ain't even CLOSE to reaching the status of these women, so she needs to learn her place and shut the Hell up!

Team Mariah!

Libra Skye18 said:

Its interesting that she blasted Eminem in her 'Can't Hold Us Down' song (he deserved it though) with the lines ~ Slandering names for popularity... its sad that you only get your fame through controversy. When she herself has decided to wallow in that gutter... once again. :innocent:

Please lets not compare Eminems horrendous slandering of females in pop culture to Christina's little temper tantrums:rolleyes:. It's not like she's written a song and is gonna sing it for the next decade or so.

style_savy said:
Please lets not compare Eminems horrendous slandering of females in pop culture to Christina's little temper tantrums:rolleyes:. It's not like she's written a song and is gonna sing it for the next decade or so.

Actually me comparing both situations is quite fair in a general sense, since they both have/are using controversy to gain an interest in themselves.

Clearly Eminem's comments have been more slanderous but it doesn't change the fact that Christina has taken a page out of his notebook. Whether one wants to call it a mini tantrum or not is their (your) prerogative but talking sh*t about others in national magazines can have the same effect if not more as one singing a song for a decade or so.

Please keep this forum clean!
Profanity is prohibited on tFS.com
We pride ourselves with Intergrity, style and class. Please post with this in mind.

Thank you,
The Team Leaders

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flawlessdisaster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->