Comme des Garçons Menswear Collections Archive

hope1972420img600x45012.jpg

hope1972420img600x45012.jpg

auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller:hope1971420/ from homme plus catalogue

cdghp2.jpg

from 'high fashion' magazine (no.8-2009)/ scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
The EXTREMELY WIDE elephant pants are AMAZING in post #284...and the platform shoes/sneakers are incredible!! :smile:

everything from a/w 94 looks absolutely fantastic!!! one thing i like about it is, that it all looks rugged and washed.
i wished there were more pictures available of this season and also from the 'sleep' collection. these seem to be awesome!

Actually, User500////many of the pieces from the a/w 94 collection have been washed and dried.

I own one of the jackets from this collection, which is a very dark navy-blue.

The jacket is one of Rei's boiled-wool classiscs, with a typical acetate lining.

The thing is....the jacket starts off as a basic wool jacket....but through washing, and especially the drying process...the wool shrinks....but the acetate lining does not....hence, if you closely examine the ends of the sleeves and the botom hem of the jacket, you can see where the wool has shrunken, but the acetate fabric gives the edges a puffy appearance.

this is one of the jackets from aw 94. :smile:

kuni8940img489x60012573.jpg
kuni8940img458x60012573.jpg

yahoo.co.jp/ seller: kuni8940

The jacket in post # 189 is spectacular!!....I LUVLUVLUV it!! It looks like the backside is a sweater/knit...which, it probably is.

2c02b325.jpg

4d92d870s.jpg

s/s 2001

5d373be0.jpg

a/w 1996 (?)

source:
livedoor.blogimg.jp/mitofuku
taken from the magazine 'brutus'​

I don't know if many of you have it or not, but i will post the aw 97 collection, 'the magic of bias'. It is one of my favorite cdg collections. Pictures ere from firstview.com.

The first picture...first model...is Alexander McQueen

correction of my post above, post no. 291:

-right source is:blog.livedoor.jp/mitofuku
-the first two pictures show knits from s/s 2002 not 2001

Jean-Michael Basquiat cat walking for COMME des GARÇONS HOMME PLUS S/S 1987. source number3store.tumblr.com

that image is exactly the one that was scanned years ago for this thread
the wat it is cropped, etc

I know there is a post in this thread for the entire CDGHP A/W 1998 collection, somewhere.

As far as Basquiat who has graced the runway for CDGHP, other artists/musicians etc, have, too.

Robert Rauschenberg, a combine-painting artist has been on the runway. Also, John Waters (film-maker who produced the original "Hairspray" movie), Matt Dillon (famous actor), Francesco Clemente (famous artist), Anthony Bourdain (famous chef and food critic) Alexander McQueen (fashion designer), John Malkovich (actor who now has his own clothing line, too) David Burn (musician fr/th band Talking Heads)...just to name a few. :smile:

surprisingly not many of the prominent persons, who were modeling for cdg, do also wear it personally, as far as i know. John Waters wears it, this is the only one i know... and i do not know any other prominent male person or actor who wears it.
(as far as I can speak for me, I was overwhelmed, since I wore sth. from comme for the first time and wear it preferred in the future! :P)

only parts of the aw 98 collection were posted in this thread.

a few pics from past collection, though very small...

hpaw85.jpg
hpaw86.jpg

hpaw87.jpg
hpaw88.jpg

hpaw89.jpg
hpaw90.jpg

hpaw91.jpg
hpaw922.jpg

hpaw92.jpg
hpaw93.jpg

hpaw95.jpg
hpss86.jpg