Comme des Garçons Menswear Collections Archive

hpss91.jpg
hpss93.jpg

hudie.com

Cdg

Thanks User500 for posting these! I think these images are from High Fashion Magazine Issue 4. There is an amazing spread with one tiny image from each Homme Plus Collection from 1985 ss -2010 ss. If anyone can find more images to complete the collections, that would be awesome.

OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!! I'm soooo drooling like a madman after seeing these pics. I think I almost hit my head on the computer screen!! I own a few pieces from some of these collections. As usual...the pieces I own have the year stamped on the label...but the collection/year goes sooo far back, finding any info or seeing ANY of the runway pics is close to impossible to ever find. I own the suit where the jacket is tucked inside of the models trousers. It's a matching suit that I own...and the pants are insanely wide and high waisted. A very conservative gentleman on the train gave me TONS of compliments about the suit. He told me he assumed it must be made by a very advanced and expensive designer...but he was unsure who it might be from. Because the pants are SOOO wide, he knew it was not a standard, run-of-the-mill suit. When men purchase a suit, the matching pants are very standard in width. Healso said he knew it must've been expensive just by looking at the quality of the fabric. He know I didn't buy my suit from a gentleman's warehouse of suits..or a conservative store. As conservative as the gentleman was, he said my suit was nothing, if not spectacular.

I also own the shirt with the white knitted collar...I found it years ago on Ebay.

As far as famous people who do wear CDGHP in public, not JUST on the runway (aside from John Waters)...there are many. John Waters is a very extroverted personality..he loves being seen by the public...but others, such as Robert Rauschenberg, John Malcovich and Frenchesco Clemente..they tend to shy away from the public eye...and they usually try to detach themselves from attracting attention to themselves. I was in NYC...and Franceso Clemente was having an art exhibit at the Mary Boone gallery. When I saw him withing the crowd, he was wearing a black jacket that I instantly recognized as CDGHP. It had white top-stitching in a squared abstract pattern. It was from the runway collection where several of the models wore Star Wars storm-trooper helmets over their heads...and some of the pieces were reversible..or had handles/straps on the inside of the jackets on the shoulders.

this suit is really awesome, margielamike!

i was able to get a really wonderful half dyed sweater from a/w 93 some months ago. it's shown on one of the pictures, which runner posted (the black long sweater with yellow and grey attached cotton) and also got one red wool jacket from a/w 94! maybe i do post photos some time...

some more pictures, although we have better quality ones of some collections here already...

cdghp91aw.jpg
hpss96.jpg

hpaw00.jpg
hpaw012.jpg

hpaw022.jpg
hp03aw.jpg

hpaw04.jpg
hpaw05.jpg

hpss00.jpg
hpss01.jpg

hpss02.jpg
hpss03.jpg

hpss04.jpg

hudie.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting more pics User500.

In the first picture posted, from the A/W 1991-92 collection...the model in the plaid suit, white sport shoes/sneakers, and maroon cuffs on the sleevs is the famous actor, Dennis Hopper.

cdg

The imagery on the white t shirt and yellow pants in s/s 2003 is done by artist filip pagaowski. He is the same artist who painted the Play heart logo.

There are 4 pictures of that collection on www.[B]filippagowski[/B].com

cdg 1987 s/s

screen shots from Jean Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child - a film by Tamra Davis

I believe this is from Homme Plus s/s 1987.

some more from F/W 96

a few other pics and little info here if anyone is interested

my scans

John Waters in CDG. :heart::heart::heart:

I know he was in one of their shows; if anybody can find that pic, I'd love to see it.

(source: nytimes.com, latimes.com)

:clap:

OH...!!!...
i love it when great old archive threads come back to life!!!...
so much great new stuff too!!!...
comme menswear is great cause it's so androgynous that i really like most of it and would wear it myself...
^_^...

the basquiat screen caps are a treasure!...:heart:...:heart:...:heart:...
thank you so much runner...

and how much do i love the jacket that john waters is wearing with the ties sewn on?...good ones eugenius...

*pop quiz*-
does anyone remember an editor wearing that jacket w/ ties during fashion week in new york several seasons ago?...
:innocent:...

*hint*- it was not worn by a man, but a female editor with long red hair...
:wink:...

Last edited by a moderator:
John Waters in CDG. :heart::heart::heart:

I know he was in one of their shows; if anybody can find that pic, I'd love to see it.

he modeled for cdg homme plus a/w 92-93. here are two screencaps i took from a video. though pics are not of good quality.

the jacket he is wearing with the big polka dots in the photo you posted is by issey miyake from few seasons ago, not comme. :smile:

thanks runner for the pictures! this collection is one of my absolute favorites!

John Waters was not in this particular runway show....but if you watch closely...you might recognize Anthony Bourdain who has a particular food/cooking show...and a young Adrian Brody.

Other men in the show DO look familiar to me....they are most likely famous for something...but I'm not sure who they are. The very distinguished man with the long beard and small glasses looks familiar...I just can't bring to mind who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LrVo7UZ4k

does anybody has photos from cdg shirt collections from a/w 2005, a/w 2008, s/s 2008 or s/s 2009? eventually taken from a lookbook? except the few pics here on tfs. I would love to see them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellaboyce
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->