Outfits by picture
1rst Galliano
2nd Mark Jacobs
3rd Prada
4rth D&G
5th RalfL. & DonnaK.
6th Alexander McQueen

So pretty ! :flower:
I really love Alexander McQueen's outfits.

Excellent editorial to start out the new year. Everyone looks absolutely lovely and pristine. Craig McDean is on fire right now.

Great picks as your faves, Lena. All should check these and the others (including Daria's Balenciaga photo--wow!) out.

I don't like it. So boring and stiff. Craig McDean replaces Steven Meisel as Vogue's obligatory boring studio editorial photographer.

I love mcqueens dress - it's a very cute editorial :flower:

The collections of where the clothes came from don't really have heavy themes (i.e. Goth) and since you are presenting different looks of different designers it was okay that the background was simple. The models also did have a sort-of commanding prescense and the clothes were lovely that's why it looked good to me.

Thanks for posting, Lena! :flower:

I love it. Very "clean" and fresh. :heart:
It's a very cute editorial.

Craig McDean : photographer

Inspired by Softgrey asking in the Horst Diekgerdes thread, "Do we have a Craig McDean story?" :P I couldn't believe there wasn't one....he's one of my favourites!

Including the man himself....

I'm having trouble uploading pics now :huh: so will post the better ones later!

Hana, do you mean he doesn't have a very distinctive style that means you can pinpoint him straight away as being the photographer? He does seem to shoot quite differently from story to story...

^ That's exactly what I mean, sometimes his photography is very simple and focuses on movement and sometimes it's very glamouros, though I guess it means that he's versatile.

I understand you Hana :D I like his more glamorous shoots...I think I definitely prefer it when a photographer has a particular style to associate them with , something they can be instantly kown for, rather than being 'versatile' but I guess that doesn't pay the bills so well? :huh: Or maybe it's boring for them to keep doing the same thing?

I like him. Althought I usually prefer photographers with a definite style, I also like those like McDean who seem a different photographer in some eds or adverts.

stilista said:
I understand you Hana :D I like his more glamorous shoots...I think I definitely prefer it when a photographer has a particular style to associate them with , something they can be instantly kown for, rather than being 'versatile' but I guess that doesn't pay the bills so well? :huh: Or maybe it's boring for them to keep doing the same thing?

i guess both can be lucrative...either you are someone who is able to express whatever the costumer wants or you have a distinctive style that if it's appreciated will be wanted by costumers...so they can borrow a certain aesthetic from you. but as an artist it is definitely the hardest point to develop a signature style without a) getting boring and b) without lying...

i do like craig mc deans coolness a lot, there's often this rock/androgynous feeling to his pictures which i like...

....i believe i found these at the art and commerce site but i can't remember:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmaximus89
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->