• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daily Exercise #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

quimby

once more, with feeling
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* The old thread can be viewed here

Everyone please remember that this thread is to report on your personal exercise routine and is not for fitness/exercise advice. Thank you.

Thank you :flower:

- yoga class. mostly warrior poses today.
- walked 2 miles to the studio, bookstore, then back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
40 minute walk w. my beagle

Does going to the mall count as an exercise!?

Just wrapped up:
20 minute run on treadmill at 5.5 mph and changing intervals from 2.0% - 8.5% incline.
5 minute cooldown on treadclimber.
Ab tone and med ball body tone workout.
Stretch.
Strut back to the car and drive home :rofl:

Only 30 min swimming today - swimming pool was so crowded I had to give up. I'm frustrated now. Oh well.

Only 30 min swimming today - swimming pool was so crowded I had to give up. I'm frustrated now. Oh well.

:lol: I hate that ,that's why I always try to go on the death hours, although sometimes I have one person in my track & for the last times that happened I only caught slow swimmers :lol: but it was okay. rush hours for me, never really, I rather not swim than having people showing up all over the place.

Rockclimbing at our Univerity gym for about half an hour just for leisure. Woo! What a fun rush!

I didn't do anything today, the heat is getting to me, arrgh.

I went swimming - 50 laps in 40 minutes, getting better !!

So cool today, I had a lane just for myself :smile:

I have started the 100 push ups program, as well as the 200 sit ups program. Did it yesterday and felt very sore today but still had another crack, will leave a day rest in between as it suggests on site in future. Has anyone else started or completed this?

^Don't know about it, could you pls send me a link?

Oops sorry I meant to link but clicked on another tab and my distraction began!
Sit ups
Push ups
I think it should be a good little challenge, I love the idea of being able to do that :smile:

^Ok I see thanks, well it's fine, don't go too far when starting this training because then you will get very sore & take much time to recover, go slowly. I could do this because I do swimming also & by doing swimming I'm working everything ... push ups & sit ups only work basically biceps, triceps, abs, chest & shoulders ... so you only work your upper body, if you add running to this I think it's the best.

I also do a program of 3x cardio per week at gym, a couple of reformer pilates classes as well as riding my bicycle (sadly not at the moment due to a burst tube :( ) I just want an extra something to give me a bit of a goal, will be interesting to see if I get there haha

Ok then it's fine as long as you work your lower body as well. :smile: good luck for your training. I should do that as well, add it to my swimming training, since I left gym I'm much weaker although I do swimming pretty much every week & it's great but it just shapes you up, doesn't make you much strong. when I had swimming classes with a trainer I used to do 2 laps, come out of the water & do 20 abs or 15 push ups & then come back to the water right away & then do it all over again, it was awesome but so exhausting.

wow that would be exhausting! I used to swim at my gym a few years ago but I was just so generally bad at it, I swam like a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->