Dallas shopping

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
I noticed we have no general thread on Dallas shopping, so thought I'd start one ...

The expanded/expanding Northpark is probably our current bright spot ... I'm loving the new Nordstrom's ... has anyone tried Bistro N yet? I hear they are excavating as I type for the return of Barneys ...

There's a lot missing in Dallas, but what are your favorite spots?

Hey there! I am in Dallas.

I love love love love the store Forty Five Ten. That is my store. Love it to death.

I actually haven't been into the new Norstroms. I need to go.

I promised myself I would stay out of Neimans for awhile. Ha So I stay out of the mall.

I might stop into that one store in Snyder Plaza every once and awhile. They have Louboutins and things here and there. I can't recall the name...oh Sebastian's....

...and I have never been into the store in the Gallaria....that is located right by the Westin...why can't I remember the name? I called them to get a Novak by Mcqueen and the owner told me he wouldn't let me buy it unless I bought things from then...so screw that.

I basically....just shop at Neimans....and basically 4510 ...and have the rest shipped in. Dont like anything else.

guccigal07 said:
Hey there! I am in Dallas.

I love love love love the store Forty Five Ten. That is my store. Love it to death.

I actually haven't been into the new Norstroms. I need to go.

I promised myself I would stay out of Neimans for awhile. Ha So I stay out of the mall.

I might stop into that one store in Snyder Plaza every once and awhile. They have Louboutins and things here and there. I can't recall the name...oh Sebastian's....

...and I have never been into the store in the Gallaria....that is located right by the Westin...why can't I remember the name? I called them to get a Novak by Mcqueen and the owner told me he wouldn't let me buy it unless I bought things from then...so screw that.

I basically....just shop at Neimans....and basically 4510 ...and have the rest shipped in. Dont like anything else.

Aha! Finally someone in Dallas ... :D

Yes, I like Forty Five Ten too, and one of the things I like is they're friendly and don't march to the Dallas drummer there ...

I'll have to check out Sebastian's, haven't been there I don't think ...

Yeah, Gregory's ... hmmm, not nice! Their stuff is not really to my taste, but I was thinking of some YSL shoes and imagine I'd be able to find them there. It seems that even when they buy lines I like, they head in exactly the opposite direction that I would ...

But yeah, I find too that I end up ordering stuff from NY that's not available here. It's sad that we have all these designer boutiques and they're not at all the ones I want :P I grew up in the Midwest & we moved back here in the 80s, which was a real culture shock ... so it's kind of surprising now as my own style gets less and less conservative to realize how provincial big-haired Dallas really is :wink:

I agree, Neiman's is a good source, and it's really almost annoying, because I would rather shop at a mom & pop specialty store, but their buyers are really good.

I was noticing recently in back issue of D that Stanley Korshak carries Lanvin ... have you tried them?

I was also hoping someone might post here who does vintage in Dallas ... :innocent:

i want to go to neiman marcus in dallas and pretend im sue ellen ewing.. hahaha im such a dork

fashionista-ta said:
Aha! Finally someone in Dallas ... :D

Yes, I like Forty Five Ten too, and one of the things I like is they're friendly and don't march to the Dallas drummer there ...

I'll have to check out Sebastian's, haven't been there I don't think ...

Yeah, Gregory's ... hmmm, not nice! Their stuff is not really to my taste, but I was thinking of some YSL shoes and imagine I'd be able to find them there. It seems that even when they buy lines I like, they head in exactly the opposite direction that I would ...

But yeah, I find too that I end up ordering stuff from NY that's not available here. It's sad that we have all these designer boutiques and they're not at all the ones I want :P I grew up in the Midwest & we moved back here in the 80s, which was a real culture shock ... so it's kind of surprising now as my own style gets less and less conservative to realize how provincial big-haired Dallas really is :wink:

I agree, Neiman's is a good source, and it's really almost annoying, because I would rather shop at a mom & pop specialty store, but their buyers are really good.

I was noticing recently in back issue of D that Stanley Korshak carries Lanvin ... have you tried them?

I was also hoping someone might post here who does vintage in Dallas ... :innocent:

oh yeah Stanley Korshak....I always forget to go there. I live seriously 2 seconds from there....just get in my car drive 2 seconds and part. I never ever ever go there. I went one time and liked it.

Lanvin..great...I am going to go this weekend and get myself in trouble.

I posted somewhere about vintage in Dallas did you see it?

But yeah I hate Gregorys. The owner is an #@$%$#%$.

They opened one in Houston...and the asst manager used to be my Jimmy Choo guy..he calls me all the time...and I am like so sorry but I hate the owner...and I will never buy from you.

plus I went in the Gregory's houston..and they carry all the high end stuff...but they had high end fake paddingings by Chloe for $600 and I am like..screw that...you sell YSL and Mcqueen and have fake bags. cya later.

Sebastain's is okay....its nice for a top of 2 or if you want Louboutins...the owner's wife is the buyer and she has horrible taste. The SMU girls LOVE it...its really cutesy stuff and that isn't me.

anyway...love dallas. love Texas. Its a me thing.

does anyone ever go to Austin....I recommend By George. Love it.

I posted something in another Dallas thread about the vintage stores...it was in the same catagory as this...so look for it! I posted 2 good ones!

Sorry for all the post. I just get excited about the big D.

what is everyone's fav hip restaurant to go to downtown D? or uptown?

the uptown green house is ahab bowen (good dresses, tshirts, i can always find something there)

i suggest pandamoneum for jewelry (yes, its all funky, yes you have to search)

Zolas-- lots of stuff, in oakcliff i think

ragwear on preston? i think now--- its by preston and lbj

hmmm, Garland Road Thrift Store is like my absolute fav. i love searching and looking through everything!

i think Gratitude is the store someone else was talking about in another thread across from the exxon.

who has more?!!?

guccigal07 said:
oh yeah Stanley Korshak....I always forget to go there. I live seriously 2 seconds from there....just get in my car drive 2 seconds and part. I never ever ever go there. I went one time and liked it.

Lanvin..great...I am going to go this weekend and get myself in trouble.

I posted somewhere about vintage in Dallas did you see it?

Be sure to report back & let us know what kinda trouble you got in :wink: :flower: As mentioned elsewhere, I loved Lanvin resort but *not* spring, looking forward to seeing fall.

You know, speaking of Gregory's ... isn't it illegal to require people to buy other merchandise in order to get the good stuff? I seem to remember some big scandal about Hummel dealers (you know, the figurines) who required people to buy the less-desirable stuff in order to get the good stuff ... Something to look into on a day when you're feeling evil ... :wink: :innocent:

I do like Louboutins, esp the espadrilles, that's what I have ... I must say you said the magic kiss of death word, SMU girls love it :yuk: :lol:

Have to tell you a story ... I went to TCU & shortly after I graduated a friend & I were in Harolds on University in FW on Sat afternoon. An SMU girl was in there (I guess she got lost), wearing this flashy silk dress & heels considerably more appropriate for evening. She was going off about how badly TCU girls dress, actually wearing sweats to class rather than dressing properly :rolleyes: I'm afraid I made a sarcastic comment or two, and my friend (a TCU student) & I were most amused ...

Speaking of Austin, I like how women in Austin dress, it's so cheerful.

As far as restaurants, I'm probably not very hip--OK make that definitely. I'm still mourning the demise of the Riviera. Uptown one of my favorite places is the Highland Park Pharmacy. When I go to the hospital district I like to stop by Two Sisters. When I try someplace fancy like Aurora I'm almost inevitably disappointed ... and I do not like being disappointed :innocent:

Thanks for all the vintage tips :flower: I haven't explored vintage in quite awhile & I want to ...

I will def let you know how I am bad. I am feeling its a good Saturday to run over to Stanley...then Neimans and maybe Snyder Plaza. I might do it!

I think Gregory's we should just go in there..and try on like 50 things and be like...ah I will just get them in NY to save tax. bye! hahaha. that would be soooo funny!

I love Austin. I went to school there.....its nice and casual. The nice thing about dallas is it isn't casual.....so that is fun. I wear all my fun clothes.

I have been to the green house vintage store. I am highly prone to smells and it had the smell of a vintage store and it freaked me out! the jewelry and handbags are cute!!!!

That is funny about the TCU story. When you go into Sebastians there is always a mother daughter combo....also in there buying a million things and the girl like oh this would be great for a mixer and this for a formal blah blah. cracks me up. I am sure I was like that when I was in college.

as far as restaurants go...I love Cafe Toulesse and
Hibiscus on Know/Henderson. Its yummy!

I will def let you know how I am bad. I am feeling its a good Saturday to run over to Stanley...then Neimans and maybe Snyder Plaza. I might do it!

I think Gregory's we should just go in there..and try on like 50 things and be like...ah I will just get them in NY to save tax. bye! hahaha. that would be soooo funny!

I love Austin. I went to school there.....its nice and casual. The nice thing about dallas is it isn't casual.....so that is fun. I wear all my fun clothes.

I have been to the green house vintage store. I am highly prone to smells and it had the smell of a vintage store and it freaked me out! the jewelry and handbags are cute!!!!

That is funny about the TCU story. When you go into Sebastians there is always a mother daughter combo....also in there buying a million things and the girl like oh this would be great for a mixer and this for a formal blah blah. cracks me up. I am sure I was like that when I was in college.

as far as restaurants go...I love Cafe Toulesse and
Hibiscus on Know/Henderson. Its yummy!

What about your neighbors in Houston??? Anyways I love the D&G in Plano I have to check out the NorthPark Expansion when Im up there next week

GalleriaResident said:
What about your neighbors in Houston??? Anyways I love the D&G in Plano I have to check out the NorthPark Expansion when Im up there next week

Enjoy ... Northpark has always been good, but the expansion is really helping it stand up to the competition, and with the next phase it'll be even better ... when we have Barney's back life will be soooo :woot:

guccigal, I agree, torturing Gregory's sounds like fun ^_^ Actually I have done it in a minor way before :wink: I went in there lugging shoes I'd just bought at Nordstrom's, carefully looked everything over, and was heading for the door when one of the SAs asked in this woeful voice did I not want to try anything on? (or some such question) and I said, Oh no, I didn't see anything I liked. And it was true :P I don't know if you've been in there, but the clothes are all crammed together on a small row of racks--poor clothes :doh:

I used to shop at d&g a few years ago. Their clothes are tiny...I am a size 6 and I still feel fat!

I would just stick to 4510 and maybe Sebastians and Northpark that is all that is needed!

Gregories ew hate stay away

I went to Dallas last summer for the first time and I tell you I didn't want to come back to New Orleans. I was loving Highland Park Village, especially the Ralph Lauren. My mother was devastated to know Chanel at Highland Park was not opened on Sunday. I also loved Versace at the Galleria. We may have another visit this Spring Break! ^_^

highland park village is so nice. Its pretty and fun to shop at. If you come back you can see the new Hermes store! make sure and eat at Patrizios!

What you guys have a new Hermes Store??? (like brand new or renovated)Why has ours not been renovated!! *pouting*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->