Fashion, Style & Shopping Questionnaire

Reaction score
How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping?

What music are you listening to right now?

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased?

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )?

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment?

What current trend are you loving the most?

What current trend do you hate the most?

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program?

Who is your favorite designer at the moment?

What is your favorite footwear line?

Three fave materials?

Three words to describe your overall sense of style?

How would you describe your winter look?

What will your look be this spring?

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring?

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment?

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb?

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it?

Favorite shopping destination?

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? :smile: 3

What music are you listening to right now? The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? Blue Cult jeans (that don't FIT... goddamnit!)

Where was your most recent HAUL and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )? a minor haul at J. Crew for about $120 (skirt, sweater, flats, an oxford)... haven't had a major haul in a long time

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? a white coat

What current trend are you loving the most? skinny jeans tucked into boots

What current trend do you hate the most? Ugg boots and mini skirts (rarely is this a cute combo)

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? QE, What not to Wear (love them equally!)

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? Phoebe Philo

Favorite fashion house of all time? Missoni

What is your favorite footwear line? Christian Louboutin

Three fave materials? denim, leather, chiffon

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? classy, understated, eclectic

How would you describe your winter look? lots of jeans or slacks with pretty blouses and blazers, long ladylike coats and bold scarves, oversized sweaters, intricate brooches, interesting belts, slouchy leather/suede/velvet/twill bags, sequins, ballet flats, boots, funky trainers and hoodies for super-casual, silk satin skirts and ornate boleros/capelets for evening

What will your look be this spring? delicate sandals and thongs, flowy tops with jeans and bermuda shorts, cowboy boots with sundresses, vintage tees with jeans and flats, peasant skirts with big belts, lots of white, very bohemian, very beachy, aquas and other ocean colors

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? peasant skirts

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? Blackberry

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb of the moment? Sienna Miller

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? Chloe

Favorite shopping destination? New York

great topic Lauren. When I get some time I will fit it in!

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? None, only tFS and paint.

What music are you listening to right now? Nothing, it's the middle of the night and I can't be bothered to change the batteries for my diskman.

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? A bunch of cheap nonsense from Claires, I haven't been properly shopping in some time.

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount )? Almost a $150; which is why I'm off shopping.

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? Uhm, anything by Moschino, or Nanette Lepore, or another lovely and unreachable designer! Practically though, a straight mini jean skirt. I know exactly what I want but haven't been able to find the right one as of yet.

What current trend are you loving the most? Bows! Actually, I kind of self manipulated that one... The general trend towards girlishness and alien models.

What current trend do you hate the most? I've never liked bohomian, or pompoms (sorry soft), or cowboy, or anything horribly trendy around here.

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? Fashion television.

Nanette Lepore
Moschino
Jennifer Nicholson
Cloak
Blue Girl

What is your favorite footwear line? Irregular Choice

Three fave materials? Lace, ribbon, velvet

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? Vintage, feminine, contrasting

How would you describe your winter look? It hasn't gotten too cold here yet, we've only had one snow fall. Still, it's usually a heavy orange/red coat from Club Monaco's mens section. I like the colour of it and it keeps me quite warm. I've also got a black beret around here somewhere, but I'm afraid that it won't match with the coat. At this point I'm just wearing my fall jackets though.

What will your look be this spring? I'm not sure yet, I'll see how I'm feeling.

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? I'm too tired right now to be making predictions. I've never been good at them anyhow, I most generally see what I'm wanting to.

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? iPods, I suppose? I'd most like a digital camera myself though.

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? Zooey Deschanel is my current favourite. I'm also liking Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot's past images at the moment.

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? Pay off my university fees and those of my siblings. Pay off the things around the house, and send my mother to Florence.

Favorite shopping destination? Some street downtownish.

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? 7

What music are you listening to right now? Radio

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? cuffed shorts ala the Olsens (its a sweaty summer here)

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount)? Zimmermann, AU$320

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? a Chloe velvet coat

What current trend are you loving the most? the Prada lady-like styles with pretty full skirts & cute flats

What current trend do you hate the most? anything that shows way too much flesh (that probably includes all Versace)

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? Fashion channel on cable TV

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? Alberta Ferretti, Alber Elbaz (Lanvin) & Karl Lagerfeld (Chanel, Fendi & Gallery)

What is your favorite footwear line? Sergio Rossi

Three fave materials? silk, cashmere, jersey

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? contemporary classic, feminine,

How would you describe your winter look? jeans, blazer & lots of cashmere sweaters

What will your look be this spring? Lady Prada + cute flats

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? as above

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? my new Sony 5.1 megapixel digital camera

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? Scarlett Johansson

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? around the worl shopping trip

Favorite shopping destination? only been 2 different international cities: but Oxford St & Pitt St Sydney + dream destination (will be there mid Feb) NYC

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping?

lol! One actually.

I have Stanford Jazz Ensemble CD in. Great stuff.

I bought two beautiful silk skirts. One from Stella Forest and one from Ungaro.

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount )?

Gold cufflinks from Saks Fifth Ave. for a friend's birthday.

I'd like to add a colorful handbag... I'm eyeing this gorgeous Fendi metallic purple and gold bag.

I love the fur tippits, shrugs, and borelos.

I am not a huge fan of ankle boots being worn with dresses or skirts.

Fashion Files on The Style Network.

Oscar de la Renta.

Love Hollywoud's sense of whimsy. Also am a big fan of Ferragamo. Love Bottega Veneta's Spring 2005 shoes.

Three fave materials?

Cashmere, leather, fox and chinchilla fur.

Preppy yet electic, polished.

Lux materials -- furs and skins -- meets prepster.

Probably the same as it ususally is: Some gorgeous bright polos, lots of mini's and flirty summer dresses. Not too out there, but it's a style that never fails me.

Tons of kelly green all over the place, even more so than last season.

The Blackberry... but only if you're a lawyer or investment banker.

Love Gwenyth and Kate Hudson.

Chanel, no doubt.

San Francisco's Union Square because it's close, and it's not so overwhelming as NYC or as spread out as L.A.

none

jazz collection

leather gloves (v soft) - $100

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount )?

christmas prezzie for mother - cashmere top...$150

snakeskin slingbacks

fur shrugs

Gone of tweed recently.

Fashion TV.

Gucci

Manolos

Three fave materials?

Mink, leather, Rabbit

classic, smart, fun.

bit of class with a bit of fur.

Need more time to think about this one!

pointy shoes (hopefully!!! - vogue indicating they are out and all!!)

I-River

Kate Moss.

Blackglama.

London is pretty cool.

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? 0

What music are you listening to right now? arvo part

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? stuff from the karl lagerfield collection for h&m

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )? not too much...50 pounds or something.

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? a full black tulle skirt

What current trend are you loving the most? of what's out there, ladylike, because I have always done that

What current trend do you hate the most? anything related to sienna miller...sorry :blush:

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? I don't watch enough tv to have one

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? alexander mcqueen

Three fave materials? cotton, cashmere, wool

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? alternative, vintagey, girly

How would you describe your winter look? sort of of edgy mixed with girly-ness...i.e. full pleated skirt mixed with sharp pointed flats, or jeans and a heavy belt worn with puffy sleeved tops. I have a military coat, vintage-style car hooded car coat, and a tweed jacket among others that I've mostly been wearing with jeans or my pleated skirt. scarves are also requisite. I have about 15. :P

What will your look be this spring? still thinking on that one...maybe more edgy and victorian based, but I think I'm heading towards that now and by spring I'll probably be sick of it.

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? bohemian. :rolleyes:

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? ipod

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? maggie gyllenhaal

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? I'd pay my rent and living expenses for the rest of the year, buy some nice christmas presents for my mum, dad, brother and friends, and buy a few new treats to wear for myself.

Favorite shopping destination? the pedestrian shopping areas in vienna, such as mariahilferstraße...also london

one

old rock music

a pair of j lindeberg pants

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )?

:flower:

a dolce and gabbana distressed leather jacket

5oclock shadow, it means i don't have to shave as often

the whole hiphop trend with the baggy clothes

none, they all suck

stuart stockdale for pringle of scotland

have not found one yet

Three fave materials?

leather, cashmere, 95%cotton-5%spandex

casual, comfortable, smart

layers and more layers

not sure yet

colours, lots of colours

bluetooth

jude law

my tuition. just enough for it.

yorkville or queen street west of toronto

none
Doctor Robert
A&F Jeans and a Cord Jacket
hmm dunno really
a nice new really expensive purse :heart:
flats
good question ...
fashion tv
hmm don't know this one either
Steve Madden actually haha
Three fave materials?
tweed, jean, cord
classic, cute, trendy(?)-ish
WARM
flirty
something we all thought was weird 6 months ago
ipod
Sienna Miller
Some big mall with every store I like haha
Winners :woot:

-None.

-Nothing. I was listening to the Clipse album about half an hour ago.

-Orange/Burlap Nike SB dunks (by Reese Forbes)

-The above sneakers, which cost me $140...I have been overspending by too much the past month.

- Anything from the current season of Dior Homme

- Hmm...haven't been following the trends that much, but I guess I have to say the Nike SB phenomenon...the shoes are really comfortable and there have been many interesting designs that have come from this line.

- Uggs, esp. that college girl outfit of the puffy jacket, juicy sweatpants tucked into those uggs, can't stand it.

- Don't watch any fashion shows on TV...I've seen Fashion Police and thought it was corny, I didn't like Fashion TV in Hong Kong as it never showed any menswear.

- I can't narrow it down to one, so it's a three-way tie between Hedi Slimane, Yohji Yamamoto and Junya Watanabe

- The Nike SB line

Three fave materials?

- Cashmere, Cotton, Denim

- Subtle, eclectic, off-duty (note: i changed 'quirky' to 'eclectic' because while I do like a variety of styles from a fairly broad spectrum, it's not really that quirky :lol: )

- My winter outfit usually consists of a black jacket of some sort with a sweater and jeans...footwear consists of boots once it's snowing, when it's not my favorite pair of worn-in sneakers. If I feel like dressing up I'll experiment with layers.

- I don't think I'll get to have a spring, :lol: unfortunately it's cold here until the end of the school year then I go back home where it's boiling.

- I'm not that good at spotting trends, so no comment.

- Probably the iPod. I don't use any of those gadgets though.

- My style idol is still George Clooney. Brad Pitt and Jude Law tied for second.

- $10,000, I'd probably buy a pair of Paris SB dunks from Nike then spend the remaining $8000 at Barneys.

- New York.

:flower: How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? none!

jet-look what you've done

my moroccan belt :heart:

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )? today, the belt, for £70. :doh:

the brown chloe snakeskin bag (that meowmix just got!!) :wink:

I'm trying to stay away from trends but I'm having a 60's/70's Biba moment

I hate it when people just wear a trend b/c it's a trend at that moment, and it doesn't suit them. You should wear what you like, not what someone tells you to like. Right now I hate that gilets became a trend b/c now i can't wear my old one!

sex and the city for the fashion.

matthew williamson. and i loved michael kors' floppy hats, and i always love missoni. And Chloe, I love Chloe so much. Especially the bags.

i generally but handmade shoes in bulk from India and Dubai. They're very authentic, leather, greican style sandals, beige or brown embroidered leather flats,things like that. They're Cheap Couture! And they go with my style exactly!

Three fave materials?
cotton for comfort, wool because I live in London and it's cold, and Cashmere, because I live in London and it's cold!

Biba...Sienna...Chloe

Biba with cashmere.

The same but with lighter materials!

I think boho will stay in, as will a sort of moroccan/african theme

the ipod, obviously! :blush:

sienna, obviously! you know i :heart: her and have done for ages! i love margherita missoni and all the old school stars like Bardot, Talitha Getty...I love that whole era.

I'd save half and spend the other half at Balenciaga for the bags, Missoni, Matthew Williamson for his capes,Chloe and some Topshop, Hampstead Bazaar and H&M thrown in for a balance!

new york, dubai because i have little secret places there,and london-b/c i know it so well.

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? 1, to threadless.com, a t-shirt company

What music are you listening to right now? chemical brothers "music response"

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? a clutch from banana republic

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )? about $40

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? knee-high round toe boots and Marc Jacobs round toe moc-croc pumps from fw04

What current trend are you loving the most? individual dressing...it's about time!

What current trend do you hate the most? uggs...i wish they would die

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? fashiontrance, when it's on

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? alber elbaz

Three fave materials? cashmere, cotton and silk

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? modern, a bit girly, and a bit unexpected

How would you describe your winter look? lots of layering of textures...a cabled knit sweater with a lace tank, silk skirt and suede boots

What will your look be this spring? i love skirts, so i'm thinking alot of those...

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? loads of color...

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? definitely the iPod (finally got one...don't know what i was doing before!)

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? i'm loving mandy moore right now...

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? i work a half block from the marc jacobs store in san francisco, so odds are i'd head there...whatever i don't spend there, i'd save.

Favorite shopping destination? i "heart" nyc.

oh crap, would you believe I'm too lazy to answer all these questions? :rolleyes:

amazingly, only one.

DJ Krush - Slit of Cloud

Verri white shirt with pleats and metal detials & a Giuliano Fujiwara long sleeve tee with silver zippers on the arms a la yohji.

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount wink.gif )?

The above items..
somewhere in the realm of 400+
:ninja:

I've been overspending too..
before I go to japan.. which is quite stupid.
I recently discovered a small store store 5 minutes from my home that carries tons of verri, Yohji pour homme, Y's for men, Costume National etc.

- A beautiful leather jacket with unique detailing by dior/rick owens/yohji/ccp etc.

I second fade to black on the uggs.
I also hate the whole hip-hop look.

none..

who is your favorite designer at the moment?

Thats a really hard one..
Maurizio Altieri and Carol Christian Poell's work looks really amazing to me.
But for those I actually own pieces of - Yohji, Hedi Slimane, and Junya.

Three fave materials?

Cashmere, Leather, Linen

Fly myself from wherever I was to Tokyo and go on a mad shopping spree.

Tokyo, Hong Kong's selection simply cannot compare.

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? one right now but I usually have 2 or 3

What music are you listening to right now? none it's bed time but it's all christmas music at this time of the year

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? two camis today one blue and one black

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount )? $200 it was at a mall here in
houston most of the stores were outlets so it wasn't alot of damage
I got alot of good winter basics

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? a black blazer I always need one it's so basic.

What current trend are you loving the most? hmm Vintage anything and
everything! Old is new!

What current trend do you hate the most? mini skirts yuck that is soo
tacky imo

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? Fashion Police, What Not to Wear, The Look for Less..

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? Not stuck on a designer I just
like unique pieces..

What is your favorite footwear line? again I don't have a favorite I have
a little of everything but I love BCBG

Three fave materials? Satin, Cotton and Knit

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? Chic, Balance funky (I wish more funky I'm working on getting "OUT THERE"), simple

How would you describe your winter look? I like nubby skirts nice sweater bright purse and I'm good to go but here in Texas it doesn't really get winter soo...

What will your look be this spring? Unique I'll be designing/making alot of my clothes so I can customize them all for me! yeahhhh

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? I'm not sure yet I'm not really up on trends

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? I-pod def and cell phone

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? Mine are Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson (they're both great)

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? urban, anthropologie, neiman, etc...

Favorite shopping destination? Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Banana Republic

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping? <span style='color:blue'><span style='color:red'>depending on what im buying, but 2/3 is normal</span></span>
What music are you listening to right now? Ushers Confession

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? Gucci briefcase and weekender bag for the gym

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )? Gucci crocodile skin bamboo heels.

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment? Chloe beaded bag

What current trend are you loving the most? womens apparel by Dolce and Gabbana

What current trend do you hate the most? Dior's flower monogrammed clothing/shoes :sick:

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program? Fashion TV

Who is your favorite designer at the moment? Phoebe Philo for Chloe

What is your favorite footwear line? Gucci Spring 2005

Three fave materials? Silk, Leather, Lycra

Three words to describe your overall sense of style? Eclectic, sharp and unusual.

How would you describe your winter look? Jeans, padded jacket and trainers

What will your look be this spring? Bright, funky and wild

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring? cullotts

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment? Mobile phones

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb? Halle Berry

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it? St Tropez deposit on a villa.

Milan and Paris

Favorite fashion house of all time? Herve Leger

What is your favorite footwear line? Manolo Blahnik & Gucci

How many browser windows do you have open at the moment for online window shopping?  Zero

What music are you listening to right now? Nothing at the moment

What was the last article of clothing or accessory you purchased? Balenciaga jacket

Where was your most recent haul and what was the damage (if you're comfortable disclosing the amount :wink: )?  YOOX, $250

What piece do you wish most to add to your closet at the moment?  Ann Dem boots

What current trend are you loving the most?  Honestly no idea.

What current trend do you hate the most?  Uggs

What is your fave style or fashion-centric television program?  Fashion Trance

Who is your favorite designer at the moment?  Ann Demeulemeester/Hedi Slimane

What is your favorite footwear line?  Not sure.

Three fave materials?  Leather, coated denim, cotton

Three words to describe your overall sense of style?  Black, leather, straps :brows:

How would you describe your winter look?  Very dark, lots of black, mostly slim sillouette, loving the straps and anything that hangs down, some suprising contrast stuff

What will your look be this spring?  I don't know, probably a softer and lighter version of what I'm doing now.

What trend do you see becoming the biggest come spring?  I really don't know.

What's your pick for the "it" tech gadget of the moment?  My new cellphone. :P

Who is your pick for the most stylish "it" celeb?  Not a clue.

If someone handed you $10,000 where would you blow it?  New York, who knows on what...

Favorite shopping destination?[/b]  I haven't been to enough big fashion cities to really know, but I'm guessing NY or Paris would be my favorite.

None.. sorry :wink:

I'm not sure - something on the radio

A dress shirt

My most recent one was $150 at my favorite boutique

Not any in particular

I'm not very keen of today's trends

Anything cocky, tacky or Uggs-y, as well as huge logo's

None

Gucci, Armani

Italian collections, MB

Three fave materials?
Wool, leather, denim

Classy yet Casual yet Clear-cut

Quite formal, dark colors

Not sure yet, probably light and cool coloured

Asian colors and traditional pieces, hopefully

Sony Vaio

Sarah Jessica Parker, Anastacia

Probably at Gucci

Any big city

Originally posted by raijin@Dec 6 2004, 11:27 PM

Tokyo, Hong Kong's selection simply cannot compare.
[snapback]454407[/snapback]​

I totally agree with this...the only place that has something resembling variety for high fashion in Hong Kong is Joyce, and IMO their selection is pretty lousy. There's IT and Lane Crawford too I guess, but those places aren't much better. Actually Lane Crawford looks like a trash bin sometimes. The only places I can find more exclusive Japanese labels like Undercover and Number (N)ine are those "Shui Fo" stores, which don't even carry signature items, it's all t-shirts. Actually I think the TST Joyce started carrying signature pieces from N(N) starting this season. At least that's an improvement.

Where is this store near your home that carries Yohji, Y's for Men...is this in Hong Kong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evangelista1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->