What to Wear to a Rock Concert...

I hate to see people Over dressed at concerts, it gives the impression they are not there for the music but to be seen.

I think jeans, tank top and flats it's the best concert wear. The band T shirt is also nice, people seem to wear them this days only as fashion statements everywhere but the concert hall.

Ha! I overdress for everything! :lol:

But yeah, as I've said many times here, for me it's all about the shoes. Foot protection is a must unless it's a reserved/seated show as people invariably step on your feet. No open toes and I personally like a comfy big rubber heel for height.

I am a little surprised about tank tops though. I don't like to expose that much skin to a sweaty crowd (especially a pit crowd), but then again it depends on the gig.

I hate to see people Over dressed at concerts, it gives the impression they are not there for the music but to be seen.

I think jeans, tank top and flats it's the best concert wear. The band T shirt is also nice, people seem to wear them this days only as fashion statements everywhere but the concert hall.

I totally agree. All the girls that I see coming to concerts in heels and mini-dresses just make me laugh. Especially when they're going into the pit.

Anything but heels, i attended this Garbage gig years ago wearing high heeled sandals just to look cool and i felt miserable for the whole concert, which happened to be basically shamefully bad too. Oh well...:(

I couldn't even imagine going to a gig in heels :blink: I struggled in wellies at Reading festival! When I first put them on I could barely walk :lol: I'm not a country gal :ninja: I did manage to pick up the art by the end of the weekend AND I managed to keep both wellies B)

I've got a few winter gigs coming up! They're the hardest because it's boiling inside but when you get outside it's freezing for the journey home so I never know what to take :doh:

Yeah, heels are dangerous at gigs. I am also always surprised by the girls in flip flops carrying their giant handbags. Seems like I'm always getting smacked by someone's pointy handbag in a crowd!

Cold weather is challenging. Layers work, but I often end up tying things around my waist, which is not the cutest look. Well, what can you do? Some bigger clubs have coatchecks which is helpful but then you almost miss your ride home waiting for your coat. :lol:

A sample of what to wear to a gig while working ... even an skirt... ok not a massive one... note the bag closed by an scarf that's my trick solution... its a pain to open but its kinda safe... I was wearing flat boots...

gigoutfit.jpg

This is what a great singer in my country wore in a concert of Reamonn:

2edbbi9.jpg

revistafalas

That doesn't even look like the same person. How strange. Actually, they look like a couple there! :P

I would imagine seeing Kasabian in the UK would be a bit insane. Curious, what is the current trendy indie girl uniform there now?

Well, Kasabian have the indie chav element of fans, but basically, most indie kids dress exactly the same, not much individuality. It's only the arty indie kids that hang out in the electro crossover clubs that dress with flair. Otherwise it's all cardigans, plaid shirts, crappy pretend band t shirts and denim skirts/shorts.

And to get back on subject, when I saw the Pixies on friday I just shoved on my scraggy jeans, a breton long sleeved baggy t shirt and dm's so my feet didn't get trampled. They're the same DM's I had in 93 at gigs. They wear well!

On monday I saw Spiritualized and that was just as casual, I don't even think about what I'm wearing to gigs, because no one cares really, it's about the band, not us!

typical outfit me and my buddy "Hardgirl" pic after a gig in Spain
hardgirl.jpg

Well, Kasabian have the indie chav element of fans, but basically, most indie kids dress exactly the same, not much individuality. It's only the arty indie kids that hang out in the electro crossover clubs that dress with flair. Otherwise it's all cardigans, plaid shirts, crappy pretend band t shirts and denim skirts/shorts.

Indie chav? :huh:

How does that even work :blink:

Nice outfit ediewho, I like your boots :flower:

I hate taking bags to gigs! I always need to though, I only take a side bag but it still annoys me. I end up clutching it throughout the whole gig just incase :ninja:

Indie chav? :huh:

How does that even work :blink:

Nice outfit ediewho, I like your boots :flower:

I hate taking bags to gigs! I always need to though, I only take a side bag but it still annoys me. I end up clutching it throughout the whole gig just incase :ninja:

Indie chavs, or Chindies as I hear them called, they tend to like the less sophisticated indie guitar stuff like The Kooks, Kasabian, Oasis, The Killers, stuff like that. There's no a lot of clubs left for them now though, so they filter into my saturday night at times and I have to turn them away. They're always so aggressive too!

Indie chavs, or Chindies as I hear them called, they tend to like the less sophisticated indie guitar stuff like The Kooks, Kasabian, Oasis, The Killers, stuff like that. There's no a lot of clubs left for them now though, so they filter into my saturday night at times and I have to turn them away. They're always so aggressive too!

'Less sophisticated indie guitar stuff', have you listened to a kasabian album before? :blink:

I'm sorry but this 'chindie' sounds like a load of bollocks to me :innocent:

'Less sophisticated indie guitar stuff', have you listened to a kasabian album before? :blink:

I'm sorry but this 'chindie' sounds like a load of bollocks to me :innocent:

Of course I have, I get sent it all for free and do listen to everything, whether I have preconceptions of it or not. Thats how you find the gems. I remember thinking there was a couple of good moments early on, can't remember the name of it but the promo copy came wrapped in a flag. I read the interviews and they come across very badly, and musically I find them rather derivative and unoriginal, although their last album is much more experimental in comparison.

And of course you probably haven't heard of 'chindie', but I assume you don't work in music so it might not be a commonplace expression in your town etc.

i have not heard of it but i know what you mean :lol: they also like stuff such as the view, enemy, maccabees too ugh. worst part is they always deny the chav part hahaa

mardybum8 thanks yeah they are getting so argh but im still loving those boots...:P
And yeah bags can be a bit argh but im used to carry a lot of stuff being a rock photographer... i guess not having all of that and i would feel like naked... maybe a bit more liberated... and also not taking pics at a gig depresses me...:doh::blush:

--
By the way, related to some previous comments..my buddy dresses this way at all the times... so its not like overdressing to her:rolleyes:

Of course I have, I get sent it all for free and do listen to everything, whether I have preconceptions of it or not. Thats how you find the gems. I remember thinking there was a couple of good moments early on, can't remember the name of it but the promo copy came wrapped in a flag. I read the interviews and they come across very badly, and musically I find them rather derivative and unoriginal, although their last album is much more experimental in comparison.

And of course you probably haven't heard of 'chindie', but I assume you don't work in music so it might not be a commonplace expression in your town etc.

Sorry my comment was a bit patronising, I was having a bad day yesterday :ninja: I get a bit defensive of this 'lad rock' tag they've been branded with, just because they're a little bit cocky and believe in their music they get branded with this horrid label that most journalists use when they're being lazy and see that the band are from somewhere north of Watford :innocent:

I understand why you don't like then they're not for everyone obviously but when I saw the kooks in the same list that also triggered me off :yuk:

I know what group of people you're reffering to but I don't understand how they can be a chav and indie at the same time, surely it just totally contradicts both definations of the word?

Indie is a dying breed. You can't be 'independent' anymore when everyone is dressing the same, it's not a sub-culture anymore either it's being merged into popular culture which again completely defies the object. Same goes music wise, all the 'indie' bands are being snapped up by major record labels therefore not so 'independent' anymore

I hate all these little boxes that everyone and every band must fit in

---------

My boots are so worn out! I need some new ones but they don't look right to me when they're all new, I like them aged a bit ^_^

Sorry my comment was a bit patronising, I was having a bad day yesterday :ninja: I get a bit defensive of this 'lad rock' tag they've been branded with, just because they're a little bit cocky and believe in their music they get branded with this horrid label that most journalists use when they're being lazy and see that the band are from somewhere north of Watford :innocent:

I understand why you don't like then they're not for everyone obviously but when I saw the kooks in the same list that also triggered me off :yuk:

I know what group of people you're reffering to but I don't understand how they can be a chav and indie at the same time, surely it just totally contradicts both definations of the word?

Indie is a dying breed. You can't be 'independent' anymore when everyone is dressing the same, it's not a sub-culture anymore either it's being merged into popular culture which again completely defies the object. Same goes music wise, all the 'indie' bands are being snapped up by major record labels therefore not so 'independent' anymore

I hate all these little boxes that everyone and every band must fit in

I like you :heart: Seriously, it's fantastic to hear someone talking about the death of indie with such passion, because no sod does around me anymore except for my boss, who is 37, and my other half who is 29, so we were both around for the time that indie was actually independent. I love topshop, but it is partially responsible, because it saw indie was cool, and bought it up wholesale and then put the uniform under one roof for everyone to buy and look the same in. I go into Oxford Circus TS every week, and I hear the same things that I thought I'd found to play that were special, but oh no, because they've employed one of my mates to find cool stuff to play, so I'm there listening to Duchess Says thinking 'eh?'. It winds me up because as you say, there is no subculture anymore, and on top of that, my job is particularly hard because due to the internet, everything is so fractured, it's hard to pick out the stuff that people are going to know because there aren't many unifying bands anymore, unless you're a dj that plays utter rubbish like The Enemy etc, it's a guessing game. Sorry if i'm babbling btw, but it drives me MAD.

And i've said it before, but when I started going to Reading festival, it was £45 (I was 12, a very naughty 12) and it didn't sell out and there were NO sponsors. What ruined indie? Everyone got greedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->