Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan

Label Basher

Reaction score
Black Swan Trailer 1

A New York City ballet company is producing Swan Lake, and director Thomas Leroy (Vincent Cassel) decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Winona Ryder) with ballerina Nina (Natalie Portman). Nina lives with Erica (Barbara Hershey), her overbearing mother and a former ballerina. Nina finds competition in new dancer Lily (Mila Kunis). Swan Lake requires a ballerina who can play the innocent White Swan, which fits Nina, and the sensual Black Swan, which fits Lily. The dancers' rivalry changes into a bizarre friendship, and Nina begins exploring a dark side of herself.

Directed by Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, The Fountain and Requiem for a Dream)

Fashion Fact - Rodarte created 40 costumes for the movie and outfitted the entire ballet corps.

collider.com

----------

I'm so excited about this movie. The Wrestler was fantastic and this is an amazing cast (great to see Winona on the big screen).

The premiere is at the Venice Film Festival on September 1st (also might be at the Toronto International Film Festival). It opens in the US on the December 1st.

This has "Oscar" written all over it.

^This seems really interesting, thank's for posting.

I wonder whether Clint Mansell will compose the soundtracks to this movie as well 'cos he and Aronofsky have previously been working together in at least 3 movies.

^ People are saying he is but he's not listed on the film's IMDB page. But you never know.

If it an't broke don't fix it.

Fantastic, I can't wait. So many dance films... this, Mao's Last Dancer...

This Movie looks amazing, i really can't wait to see it!
it seems such a compelling story.

picture1ny.png

*Trailers.apple.com

the film looks interesting enough.
I'll probably check it out because I love the director

am i the only one who's strangely reminded of dario argento's 'suspria'? i mean if you think about it there are some eerie similarities. it's a horror film...it's about dancers....it has fairy-tale elements....it's about demons....

i can see what you mean but i really doubt there will be that great of a similarity to Argento's film:ermm: i think i'm either gonna really love this movie or completely hate it.i can never watch a mila kunis film without thinking about meg!:rofl:-_-

Im sure that movie will be very intresting.
Natalie+Darren=EPIC

not necessarily explicitly similar,xerq,but more so in it's elements. some keep comparing it to rosemary's baby and that to me sounds far more ridiculous.

Looks like a worthy follow-up Oscar performance for Portman since Closer.

december 1 in US :flower:
and Clint Mansell will do the score!

Wow this looks more interesting than I expected :woot:. Natalie & Mila :heart:. I have to see this one.

I read somewhere that in the film Nat and Mila portray as the lesbian lovers
They had a very passionate kiss.This film keeps getting better.Can't wait.

I wasn't expecting it to be so interesting... I will definitely be seeing this when it comes out!

who knew Mila could look so fothermucking hot, she totally outshines Natalie in this movie :o

i cannot wait to see this :ninja:

am i the only one who's strangely reminded of dario argento's 'suspiria'?
Yeah it definitely made me think of Suspiria.

I've been looking forward to this for a while. Natalie + Winona + Darren = yes please! Which is not to say that Aronofsky can't have a misstep. I loved Pi and The Wrestler but I thought The Fountain didn't work.

Clint Mansell is listed on the credits at the end of the trailer so pretty safe to say he's involved.

I can't wait to see this. I'm so glad Clint will be involved. His score for The Fountain is nothing short of perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->