• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Rodarte's Costumes for "Black Swan"

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s no secret Rodarte designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy have been toying with the movie business. They love their horror flicks, once picked their personal top 10 list of films for the prestigious Criterion Collection and recently signed up with William Morris Endeavour Entertainment to explore opportunities in the entertainment world. Later this year, the sisters’ fantastical creations will finally make it onto the silver screen in Darren Aronofsky’s “Black Swan,” which stars Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis as competing ballerinas. Few details about the costumes were available, but the movie features scenes from “Swan Lake,” for which the duo designed the ballet costumes.

blurb from wwd
picture from reviewstl.com

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 126
  • black2.jpg
    black2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 55
seems a perfect scenario for them. not only does their work tend to resemble ballet costumes,in it's airy movement,but it also has a level of drama that works for such a narrative. in fact i think what they do could work in any 'theatrical' avenue.

It looks really beautiful from what I can see. It definitely looks very Rodarte.

I can't wait to see more images of the front/details.

looks good so far, I can't wait to see more. This certainly does fit them.

Ah how exciting!
I'll see it just for the costumes.

So excited for this movie, basically for the costumes alone! That black tutu on Natalie looks gorgeous.

Beautiful.
I'm excited for this film. The combination of Aronosfsky, Mila, Natalie, and now Rodarte just sounds too good to pass up.

Exhilarated! can't wait for this to make its debut. Big fan of the Mulleavy sisters!

Looks breathtaking. Makes me want to take up ballet again ^_^. Can't wait to see the rest!

i'm intrigued, it sounds like a good match. can't wait to see more!

Here's the trailer!

And the movie poster! The tiara is designed by Rodarte!
tumblr_l7bx8isyXI1qza5wfo1_500.jpg

(hoanbee.tumblr.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->