Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan

I was blown away by this movie when I saw it. Completely in shock. I thought it was tragically beautiful and so haunting. It was one of those movies that made me think about it for the next couple of days.

I agree with Chaky about not reading into the movie too much. I only saw the trailer and natalie portman's appearance on david letterman before I saw the movie. I was completely caught off guard and yet eager to stay in my seat towards the end.

Did anyone have the reaction or anyone's friends have the reaction of "oh my god that movie was so weird... disgusting...freaky...annoying"? I went with friends and one of my friends reaction was exactly that. She was clearly offended after watching the movie. Obviously it's not a family film or even a film about Ballet, but was it really that offensive to produce a reaction like that? I'm curious to see.

Also, one of my fav parts :smile: natalie is COMPLETELY in command and it's truly amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan art by arafel3873
blackswanarafel3873.jpg

deviantart.com

just saw this movie. i didnt read much into this film before i watched it, so i didnt have high high expectation.

all i can say is, wow! i probably looked really stupid while watching much of the later scenes because the film just demanded my attention 100% and completely jaw dropping, in a good way.

i didnt find it weird or freaky. i feel like it is what raw dark emotion is. in a twisted way, i get it.

definitely a movie i would want to watch again. natalie portman completely nailed the part

Stunning film....It truly left me breathless. Most of what I've wanted to say has already been said, but this movie is truly a work of art and seeing the combination of fantastic acting, music and choreography work together especially in the last scene was well....magical :crush:

Did anyone have the reaction or anyone's friends have the reaction of "oh my god that movie was so weird... disgusting...freaky...annoying"? I went with friends and one of my friends reaction was exactly that. She was clearly offended after watching the movie. Obviously it's not a family film or even a film about Ballet, but was it really that offensive to produce a reaction like that? I'm curious to see.
I could hear the responses to certain scenes from those seated behind me, they were so humourous. I actually saw a few younger members of the audience actually leave the film, but by the end it seemed like everyone was in complete awe.

I could hear the responses to certain scenes from those seated behind me, they were so humourous. I actually saw a few younger members of the audience actually leave the film, but by the end it seemed like everyone was in complete awe.

Yea. I did hear some snickering or some side comment from behind but I think my friends reaction, who was sitting two seats away, was more immature. She was was clearly disgusted during the "sex" scene and was making faces and looking at us as if we were enjoying it.

I did witness the same with the audience with the final moments of the film. I looked over and everyone had their mouth open like "whoa" and no one left their seat after about three minutes after the movie ended. genuine shock ^_^

I watched the movie and I liked it... But i loved Aronofsky first movies, like PI... And i don't know why, but i was expecting something more... I don't know, more outstanding, different. I really thought it was kind of mainstream compared to Pi or Requiem for a Dream.

^:P loved that skit.
The movie was amazing for me at least and I know some Ballerinas and they said that the dancing was not the best but they all still liked the movie.

I was blown away by this movie when I saw it. Completely in shock. I thought it was tragically beautiful and so haunting. It was one of those movies that made me think about it for the next couple of days.

I agree with Chaky about not reading into the movie too much. I only saw the trailer and natalie portman's appearance on david letterman before I saw the movie. I was completely caught off guard and yet eager to stay in my seat towards the end.

Also, one of my fav parts :smile: natalie is COMPLETELY in command and it's truly amazing.

I was on the edge on my seat during the entire film, but this scene in particular gave me goosebumps. If Nat doesn't take home the GG or Oscar, I'm going to cutta-b*tch.

[K]

Cool movie, saw it yesterday.. it reminds me of Perfect Blue, but more beautiful!

Loved that Black Swan SNL skit with Jim Carrey, reminds me of when he used to play Vera De Milo on In Living Color.

I saw it today and I have no words to describe it :shock: It left me completely speechless. LOVED it :cry::heart::heart: amazing movie, really.

I saw it again for the second time earlier this week and I was still equally impressed.

I do have a question though, was Nina's mom in the apartment when Nina came back from the hospital? You know the part where nina goes into the kitchen and that wynona ryder's character is all in the corner and scares the **** out of everyone? I was wondering where the hell the mom came from since she was in her black robe or whatever lol.

I did love the end when the screen turns white and all you hear is applause. The entire theater (which was almost full by the way) was completely in awe. I loved it.

^I guess she was, being in her room doing her crazy sketches or sth :D

I love this movie. It's one of my favourite movies of 2010. :heart: It's such a hauntingly beautiful film. I've just come back from seeing Black Swan a second time and it's even better on a second viewing. I picked up more details and was able to analyse things from a different angle knowing what would happen in advance.

As others have already said, I think Black Swan can be viewed as the feminine companion piece to The Wrestler.

I think Natalie Portman is brilliant in it. I think she deserves the Oscar for Best Actress. I think she really excelled in both sides of her character, the light and dark. I think she revealed so much even just through her facial expressions.

I think Mila Kunis was good too but I think Barbara Hershey deserves a lot more critical praise. I thought she was fantastic and her character played such a central role in understanding Nina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->