Dean Harris Jewelry for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
i read this on racked.com

Target's just announced their next designer collaborator, Dean Harris of Dean Harris Jewelry. Per the official press release, the Dean Harris for Target collection is slated to hit stores August 17th.

He was up for a CFDA award a few years ago...Apparently his stuff is very "organic".

Interesting. Someone please post pics as soon as they are out! ^_^

dean-harris.JPG

Image source: http://blogs.glam.com/glamchic/

I love that headband... <3 (but it's not from his Target line)

erm....i don't think this will be part of GO!.

did he do work with erin fetherston?

Here is a photo of some of his work from NYMag:

Also from deanharris.net:

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
i can't wait to see pictures. a lot of his normal stuff looks very delicate and expensive and I don't know how that will translate using cheaper materials

i knew i've seen his pieces somewhere on the catwalk. its lovely really for what it is-it's not exactly my taste. however,i really believe with justin having done the more irreverent collection,this counteracts that and will certainly be attractive to a more mature more sophisticated customers.

Ive never heard of him but his work looks amazing! Im excited to see it!

i really like the previews i saw on target's press section on their website.

i like the peace sign necklace and the heart motif items.

A lot of it is very cheesy...
Mainly the peace signs & the hearts...
& then some of it is downright boring...
The more organic pieces + shapes are nice though...
I esp. like the vine pieces & the double strand sterling silver necklace...
Ty for posting, masquerade...

I saw it today in person, and while it was nicer IRL, still nothing to write home about

I hate basically everything, but I do find that peace ring cute!
I would buy it, but I don't know if it's gonna hit Target Australia. I can't see anywhere on that site that says it will ship to Australia...Oh well guess I don't love it that much.

Most of the pieces border on cheesy, but there are a few simple, watered-down pieces (like the wood bangle bracelet) that seem to fit Target's look more. Still, I can't get over the prices, especially considering that this is a store that is all about getting the look for less - $40 for basic hoop earrings? That seems quite steep. :huh:

I agree, the Subversive Collection had the same problem. I guess I'm just not really into simple things like what is there, it sort of reminds me of bad stuff from a craft fair.

I hate basically everything, but I do find that peace ring cute!
I would buy it, but I don't know if it's gonna hit Target Australia. I can't see anywhere on that site that says it will ship to Australia...Oh well guess I don't love it that much.

it wouldnt hit Aussie target sadly! our target is totally different to the US one! some of the stuff is cute, but nothing :woot: worthy!

It is very eh, but a lot better than some other Target designs. I like the twisted bracelet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->