Subversive For Target

Definitely must check this out, some pieces would make fabulous gifts. I love the fringed locket pendant.

So there are only 10 pieces shown on Targets site right now... is this the whole collection?

no, there will probably be about 50 different items...

quite a few pieces were in last months issue of seventeen magazine.

i think it should be out at most target stores on the 23rd...

Oh IM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! I wish there were more pics... its so hard to wait.
Im hoping for earrings & more necklaces.

about 40 items have been posted for sale on target.com already

im liking the bracelets best.

oh i tried on this awesome dark long chained necklace with a hollow snap watch, with tiny chains coming out of it, it was about $25? but i rly liked it.

uhm, yeah hayy, the locket necklace :lol:

why was it $25 at my target? :unsure:

im coming back today :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you are trying things on...my target didnt have any subversive items yet (they probably will on the 23rd)

the cluster necklaces and the fringe locket necklaces would look great on men!

So exciting! Love the earrings; I never have enough earrings because I can never find many I like = problem solved

Im going to Target tomorrow. I hope they have them out early.

Its out now! What does everyone think? I like a couple of the necklaces but they didnt seem worth the price since I wouldnt wear them that much so I might pick up one or two on clearance. Im pretty sure I will be getting the bird locket dangle earrings. Im going to treat myself after my haircut (getting about 5 inches cut off).

I went last night to check out the pieces.

I've gotta say, I was a little disappointed by a lot of it. It looked like stuff you could find in Urban Outfitters, really. I think without the big, almost ridiculous objects he uses in his collection, this stuff kind of loses it's edge.

Side note though, the watch fob necklace looks much bigger in person than in pictures, and was actually pretty cool looking.

Yeah... I agree. I was just telling a friend he shouldnt have toned it down so much because the people that know his stuff are expecting something outrageous & it is a bit of a let down because of that. Thats why I thought alot of the prices were to high. If it would have been more over the top it would have been worth the $60.00 for a couple of the necklaces. Oh & that watch necklace was pretty cool! Dont remember the price on that one but it was one of the few that actually looked cooler in person! I also kind of liked the pink pearl rhinestone necklace... I probably wont but it though because Im not really a pink girl but I love the look of the rhinestone necklace wrapped around the pearls.

Last edited by a moderator:
they still seem rather distinct for the platform he's designing for. you certainly wouldn't see that work,normally,in such mass market place as target.

that fob neck piece is just lovely. it has a nice balance too. just enough romance to satisy me,yet not so feminine that it makes it look overly girly. i'm going tomorrow to check out the line in person and i hope i am still impressed. i might get that fob piece too.

I sort of like the lucite cuffs, and they are much more affordable than most of the necklaces! $60 for some seems a little high, but I'll have to visit a store to see what the quality is like. The most appealing pieces from subversive are the GIANT ones, and this target collection doesnt seem to have any of those. has anyone picked up any pieces?

i think what you're paying for is the amount of intricate details. possibly a certain level of quality compared with the others if that makes sense as one never equates such a thing. but knowing justin,and the level of integrity in his works,i'm certain that was a goal in his agreement to do this collection.

i reallyyyy like the first two necklaces. i'd pair them with a worn out vintage tee to balance out the flashiness, definitely would like to check these out.

egads,the pieces are enormous! sort of overwhelming for me. i don't think i could carry off such chunky pieces round my neck. and the pendants on the cluster and fob neckpieces were too heavy. i wish he had included some brooches or corsage pieces because i'm not really a necklace person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahGarnet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->