Subversive For Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
from the press release...

MINNEAPOLIS (March 2008) — Target is partnering with renowned jewelry designer Justin Giunta to launch a limited-edition accessories collection, Subversive® for Target®. This collection is the second jewelry launch in a series of limited-time-only accessories designers at Target. The Subversive for Target collection will be available at select Target stores nationwide and at Target.com March 23 through July 20, 2008.

The Subversive for Target collection plays on the idea that more is more, and each piece is designed with a concept behind it, so it is both visual and thoughtful. This collection includes an eclectic mix of charm bracelets, delicate drop earrings and bold multi-color block necklaces. Key pieces include the jeweled locket fringe necklace, the tri-strand faux pearl necklace and the red butterfly brooch cuff bracelet. The exclusive Subversive for Target collection ranges in price from $14.99 to $59.99.

Justin Giunta designs each unique piece of Subversive jewelry and has worked in different mediums over the past five years, ranging from painting, fashion, industrial design and jewelry, to create work that sits on the continuum of fine art and commercial design. Most recently, Giunta was honored as a CFDA/Vogue fashion fund finalist and was awarded the inaugural accessories prize from the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation.

Hi Lucy...sure! we have a thread on Justin here
I don't shop Target but I'll def go have a look when the collection comes out

thanks for the info:flower:

yay! i just checked that thread and i love his work!

i think the target collaboration will number about 50 pieces!! (that was around the size of the dominique cohen collaboration)

i love the bee and bug references....

i love the gold toned layer cluster necklace...

oh that's brilliant stuff! i am all for his pieces being a bit more accessible(always wanted something but never can afford it)even though i am not for selling out but i think the aforementioned is his intention. i might buy the whole collection actually....give a few pieces to my sister and keep a couple of those neckpieces especially look 2 and 7....probably the more unisex of the lot. his stuff being there is probably the only line i'm actually,genuinely excited about.

and i'm happy he hasn't lost his spirit or toned his aesthetics down in doing this endeavour. everything looks as close to what he's doing in his main collections.

thanks lucy!

i agree, this collection is not as subdued as the dominique cohen collection was. i think it takes more risks...

these layered necklaces are going to look terrific over black sheath dresses. i cant wait...

I'm excited for this. Subversive makes some of the most interesting jewelry I have seen and have seen used on shoots. There is always so much work and time put into the pieces...

i love this and am so excited! justin giunta's jewelry is wonderful and this has kept the same spirit of his main line. plus, the designer target jewelry collabos seem to be of better quality than the clothing and accessories ones...dominique cohen was not really my taste, but i found that the materials and quality for her work were really quite decent. so i have high hopes for this.

Thanks for the info, Lucy!
I am excited about this, I love Subversive jewelery and this collection definitely has some good pieces from the pictures.

I was sooo excited to hear about this. Being someone who designs jewelry - it is always nice to see hot collaborations =)

I think it is fitting for Justin - because while I love the design behind his main line (original, gothic and beautiful) - I do not see the point in paying $1000 for one of his necklaces when its all costume (meaning brass, nickel, plastic, etc).

This is a perfect venture for him - because it combines his design with his true media

One store in my area has the Subversive stuff already. I bought the post earrings with the birds and bees. Cute stuff!

Some of the stuff at was at my Target today. It's super cute. The gold necklace looked really nice in person but I need to think about it a little bit more before I buy a 60 dollar target necklace.

I agree with all the sentiments above, esp. those by Scott. I always wanted his pieces before (when he first came out they were so much cheaper and featured on girlshop) so this is very accessible. Is there any way to find out if our local target carries his stuff without calling them all?? There's like 5+ that are accessible to me....

OMG Im excited... Ive always wanted some of those pieces but they were crazy expensive & I know there are some look alikes out there now but they look so cheap. Im in love with the gold cluster necklace & especially in love with the pearl necklace... oh course I pick two of the more expensive pieces lol. So its not supposed to be out until the 23rd of March but a store has them? Does anyone elses Target have them yet? I cant wait to see everything they have!

fashionista is reporting that they've gotten a preview & that much of the stuff is made from plastic. Are the charms on the gold necklace plastic or metal? Would someone that's actually seen the collection in the store tell us? I need to know:lol:

TIA:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chooch McGhee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->