Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

Paco Rabanne
Out: Manish Arora

Manish Arora leaves Paco Rabanne
The Indian designer leaves the couture house today, May 4, after taking over as creative director in 2011.
After showing his second collection for Paco Rabanne at Fall/Winter 2012 Fashion Week, Manish Arora leaves the role of creative director today, May 4, as announced by the couture house in a press release this morning that put an end to a year-long partnership with the Indian designer by mutual agreement. A graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in New Delhi, India, Manish Arora also has an eponymous label and took the design reins at Paco Rabanne in 2011, re-starting activity which had ceased with the departure of original designer Paco Rabanne in 1999. This latest news marks a new turning point for the French couture house, which has yet to announce Manish Arora's successor.

vogue.fr

^Wow, even a model's career is more long lasting than that of a designer these days.
Another unexpected move, his collections for Paco Rabanne got so much praise!

whaaaatt?! he's doing better and better, better than anyone could've thought of. what's in their head that wants Manish to leave this soon? uhhh

The problem nowadays is that creative directors only get 1-year-contracts. I think that a constant change of the creative director is seriously damaging for the brand image (see ungaro). I dont know the numberw behind manish but he turned the house from a cheesy perfume brand into something vagualy relevant (though after one collection is rather hard to tell, riccardos beginning was a bit slow as well and look where they are now, financialy speaking)

that was pretty short-lived and such a maneuver makes me wonder how they're actually doing financially.

Diesel Black Gold
Out: Sophia Kokosalaki
In: ?
Sophia Kokosalaki is leaving Diesel Black Gold after three years as creative director. The designer's final collection for the brand, spring/summer 2013, will show during New York Fashion Week in September.
"The last three years I have spent at Diesel Black Gold have been a very interesting and enjoyable experience," she said. "I would like to thank the whole DBG team for their hard work and support in helping me to establish this line. I am now looking forward to new challenges and wish Diesel Black Gold every success in the future."
Kokosalaki has been creative director of the Diesel Black Gold women's line since June 2009, while simultaneously overseeing her own eponymous label.
"Sophia gave an important, innovative contribution to the line and, thanks to her artistic direction and vision, the brand has become a reference, for press and buyers, in the contemporary fashion segment," read a statement from the brand, released this afternoon.
vogue.co.uk

Vionnet
*Out: Barbara and Lucia Croce
In: ?

*not confirmed yet, but...

August 27, 2012
Vionnet Designers on the Way Out?
By Luisa Zargani

Three months after the sale of Vionnet to Go to Enterprise Sarl, headed by the London-based Goga Ashkenazi, sources in Milan say creative directors Barbara and Lucia Croce are currently discussing their future at the storied fashion house following clashes with Ashkenazi. The spring 2013 collection is expected to regularly show in Paris on Sept 28, but a well-placed source said it will be designed by an in-house team. Ashkenazi, who is from Kazakhstan, took control of Vionnet in May, through an investment agreement that seeks to accelerate the development of the label.

Previous co-owners Matteo Marzotto and his longtime friend and Marni chief executive officer Gianni Castiglioni, who acquired the brand in 2009, remain shareholders and maintain their operative roles.

Marzotto tapped twin sisters Barbara and Lucia Croce in October last year, succeeding Rodolfo Paglialunga.
wwd.com

It's been confirmed.
VIONNET designers Barbara and Lucia Croce are leaving the French label, following a reported fall-out with new owner Goga Ashkenazi.
The sisters will be replaced by an in-house design team, who will present the brand's spring/summer 2013 collection. The new offering will show during Paris Fashion Week on September 28.
The pair were first hired in October 2011 by former owners Matteo Marzotto and Gianni Castiglioni - who still remain shareholders. British-based businesswoman Ashkenazi acquired the label in May this year.
vogue.co.uk

McQ
In: Alistair Carr

Alistair Carr Joins McQ
17 September 2012
Ella Alexander

ALISTAIR CARR is McQ's new head of design, the label confirmed this afternoon. His first collection at the helm of Alexander McQueen's diffusion line will be for pre-autumn/winter 2013-14.

The designer is responsible for the label's menswear, womenswear and accessories categories. He reports to Sarah Burton, who still holds overall creative control for the McQ brand image and its collections.

Carr left Pringle of Scotland in April this year, after spending just over a year as its design director. He previously worked at Balenciaga under Nicolas Ghesquière, Marni, Cacharel and Chloé. He also showed his own label at London Fashion Week for three seasons.

McQ made its first outing on the London Fashion Week schedule last season, held in a makeshift forest setting. While the event was a one-off, presentations will follow - although the format has not ben confirmed yet. Last week, the brand opened its debut store in London's Mayfair.
vogue.co.uk

YES! Such great news! I love Alistair and he's a perfect for McQ. Can't wait for this. :buzz:

Agreed. I was quite sad about him only being at Pringle for such a short time, he did a great job and I can't wait to see what he will bring to McQ, seems like the perfect brand for him to design for ^_^

Hello everybody, (i'm new to this thread)

Diane Von Furstenberg

Out:Yvan Mispelaere
In: Diane Von Furstenberg (herself...in the flesh...:D)

By Florent Gilles on September 14 said:
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG PARTS WAYS WITH HER CREATIVE DIRECTOR

The designer Yvan Mispelaere is no longer part of the Diane Von Furstenberg company. The New York womenswear brand announced Wednesday 12 that his position would not be filled and that the Diane Von Furstenberg herself would retake the reins of her design studio. 

This separation comes less than three weeks after the recruitment of Joel Horowitz as co-chairman of the company, formerly CEO of Tommy Hilfiger in the 1990s. Mispelaere commented: "I came to DVF to help further the brand's mission and create a world-class design team. I'm sure that's what I've done during this collaboration (...) and I look forward to my future mission head on." 

Look into the future I wonder what will happen to Yvan Mispelaere?
fashionmag.com

regarding the VIONNET case while I was surfing the web I found this article on an italian web-magazine talking about the possiblility of a rapprochement between the brand and Barbara & Lucia Croce....
since the paragraph is in italian I will try to translate as well as possible.....sorry for my bad English... there may be some errors (for sure :D)

Dominique Muret on 12 Settembre 2012 said:
MADELEINE VIONNET WAS REORGANIZED FOR ITS 100 YEARS

At the end of August it was announced the departure of Barbara and Lucia Croce from Vionnet, which had been entrusted the creative direction of the brand in 2011. But according to Matteo Marzotto, the two designers could collaborate again with the maison.

"With Barbara and Lucia there was a temporary interruption to understand how to optimize the work of our creative team. We want to improve more the internal styling team and we are considering others strategies to continue the collaboration with the two designers "
says the entrepreneur.

at least I don't know if is just rumour has it, and Matteo Marzotto gave this interview for take time and reduce the interest of the media,who could damage the new imagine of the brand...however I'm quite curiuos to see what will happen

source: it.fashionmag.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahGarnet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->