Do you think some designers are overpriced?

iluvfashion

Reaction score
I love most Rene Caovilla sandals. They look so sexy but sometimes a bit overpriced I believe. What do you think? Anyd esigners you think ask for too much?

I love both of these but each cost almost a grand:shock: :shock:

Yes, shoes are most definitely overpriced. I don't have a job and my parents are teachers, so I buy shoes at department stores and Target. Definitely can't afford what I'd really like, which is every pair of Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs pumps ever made.

Of course! I think designes are overpriced..only because they can get away with it.

yes. ever since shows like sex and the city, prices have gone way up.

Maybe not the shoes you guys were thinking of...but, I like Undercover's sneakers and boots a lot, and they're definitely way overpriced, especially the sneakers. $500 for converse look-a-likes in terms of shape (of course the UC is cooler than Converse as it's got little details like the skull prints, rubber gumsole toeboxes, corduroy fabric, etc.) but it's still too much.

well obviously they all are(!) but in particular i think newer designers such as zac posen and cloak are overpriced. for menswear i have to mention thom browne - over £2000 for a ready to wear suit is plain wrong

actually most shoes are overpriced.. There's a store ín my town selling a pair of shoes for 29 crowns (about 4-5 dollars) and lacoste has a pair of shoes looking a lot like those for like 600-700 crowns..
so yes Most shoes are overpriced considering the expense of making them

Those shoes are lovely, worth every penny. Buy both pairs.

It's a difficult question to answer, because you don't know the quality of the shoes. I believe that if a pair of shoes (or another item, it could be everything) is made by hand and really is of a remarkable quality, they deserve to be sold more expensive than other stuff. But I do think that many things are overpriced in general. Here (Denmark) I find some of the local designers unbelievably overpriced and overrated comparing to the quality of the clothes and the originality. Also we have some "discount" shoe stores in Denmark called Bianco. A pair of plain flats costs about 500 kr. (about 70 euro) and they are so not worth it, the quality is true crap. It's not fair, I mean, it's so rude treat the customers like that.

obviously all designer items are overpriced. They all charge you at LEAST ten times what it cost to produce the item

Any pair of shoes over $75 is overpriced, no matter who's name is on them.

There's an old saying .....

The price of anything is that you can con an idiot into paying for it.

Unfortunately there are too many people with more money than sense who are prepared to pay huge amounts of money for something which is maybe only marginally more quality than the mainstream.

Yes, there are some Balenciagia wedge boots that I fancy, but at £350 (which is cheap by some standards), I'm afraid that I won't enjoy wearing them, knowing that I've been ripped off.

Xa

I like the mink Rene but I like the stiletto heel in the other shoe. I cannot decide which pair to get.

In my opinion, Louboutins are overprized. Obviously, painting the soles red justifies this - the lust for prestige and jealusy works perfectly. But the quality is not outstanding. Although Prada's are very different designwise - and each season can be a yay or nay - I think these are the most comfortable and best crafted shoes besides Manolo Blahniks.

There is a market for shoes at all prices...

Pricing for shoes as with all other non-commodity items is relative...Clothing and shoe designers have a brand image to uphold and are really only interested in selling on price rather than selling volume to the mass consumer...Their market is very exclusive and those that can afford these great designer shoes and clothing probably have no issue spending thousands of dollars during one shopping trip on Madison Ave in NYC or Rodeo Drive in LA...

There was a time when I was a starving college student...With a little money in your pocket (or on your credit card) it is amazing how quickly you can spend it. I have worked hard the last 10 years and like to treat myself to things I enjoy!

Not only is the quality higher, but IMO at least, they also look much much better, which is why I buy them. Although this justifies a higher price than designers like nine west, I dont think it justifies the prices they charge. The high price keeps it exclusive and "special", and there needs to be different types of shoes for different "classes" (money wise) of people. I dont think Paris Hilton would be happy if she was wearing the same thing as the average middle class person.

^ Just because something would make Paris Hilton unhappy, doesn't mean we need it ... :P :wink: B)

i think MB's are so overpriced. especially the collections that have come out in the last 5 years. they aren't made with the same amount of care as the older collections. one pair, f/w 2004, the freaking heel broke a few months ago. another pair, s/s 2003 the sole is seperating. however, my favorite black, slinky slingbacks, 2001, have been worn and worn hundreds of times, and they are so comfy and perfect...

no shoes you pay 700+ for should come apart after less than 10 wears. ridiculous.

however, my LBs are relatively new, 1 yr old, and are like heaven for 4.5 inch heels. and for being buckskin, there are relatively few marks that dont come off with a buckskin brush. very pleased with their manufacture and wearability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->