Dove: "Real Women" Campaign

chanelnumber5 said:
Hummm so because I was born with a fast metabolism so am very thin naturally im not real...oh sorry i forgot i was made of plastic :rolleyes:

I know right? I think that we need to recognize that beauty comes in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. This includes us skinny minnies as well as the curvy ladies/gentlemen. Do what you do and rock what you've got.

I love this ad :smile: It's refreshing to see women who aren't stick thin, who have a great skin, a healthy body and are still beautiful.
I buy Dove b/c of this ad :D

chanelnumber5 said:
Hummm so because I was born with a fast metabolism so am very thin naturally im not real...oh sorry i forgot i was made of plastic :rolleyes:

1. Every other ad caters to you so why are you offended?

2. Most women (not all) completely lose this 'fast metabolism' over the age of 18 (why do you think all working models are under 20 years old?) So yes, it is more 'real' to cater to the women over this age who have actually finished all puberty and can't eat whatever they want.

Honestly, I think that what they are doing is great. However, as with everything in life, you can't please everyone. And, when most people grow up, they will come to this conclusion and stop arguing meaningless points. If you want to be represented, print out a pic of yourself and post it around. I dare ya. :ninja:

Plus some of those Dove chicks are hott. Oh yea. :heart:

Eh, ok.

I'm just kidding.

Kinda. :P

They are hot. :P Hotter than the sticks who are doing so much advertising :D

mint condish said:

I don't agree with this at all. Just because a woman is thin does not mean that she is represented by models or "catered to" by advertising featuring models. I don't really think that anyone is represented by models except for, well, MODELS! I'm a gawky, clumsy, awkward looking mess! When i see an ad featuring a model I don't feel "represented", I just think "nice shoes, wonder if I'll be able to find them in a size 12"! And that's kind of the point of the ad, isn't it? I highly doubt that anyone is spending a huge wad of cash to "cater to" me.

When i see the dove girls, I don't think about how "real" they are. I'm actually thinking about how silly and fun it is to have a buch of women dancing around in their underpants - like I'm supoosed to be thinking, "ooo, these women are SO real. They have curves and they get together and take off all their clothes and prance."

If we were supposed to take everything so literally, you might believe that all thin women are gorgeous and graceful with flawless bodies and that we all spend our days in awkward poses making pouty faces.

And it's not that I'm offended, it's just that to hold up the Dove campaign as the be all, end all is a little silly really. It's an ad! It's selling you soap! And thin women have lumps and bumps and ripples too. If you only knew! We're not all gorgeous, airbrushed catwalkers and it would be nice to see a skinny, regular looking chick in these ads. :flower:

mint condish said:
I dont feel caterd for by other adverts, a 5'9 dropdead gorgeous airbrushed model does not "cater" for me. I am not offended, I merely feel if you want to represent "realy women" then you should have them of all sizes, not just curvy women - in adverts that are meant for everyone I want to see a range of women represented, as thats what real women are their not all thin or curvy there a mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->