Elle - Worldwide

:blink: vixeness? what do you mean, she looks old and tired

i dont think that ethan -or anyguy- can be responsible for such a radical
'change' of style (to put it mildly :innocent: )
more like a mix of her growing up not that gracefully
and a real tacky, mainstream & commercial Elle Paris stylist :P

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 9th, 2003 - 9:01 am
:blink: vixeness? what do you mean, she looks old and tired

i dont think that ethan -or anyguy- can be responsible for such a radical
'change' of style (to put it mildly :innocent: )
more like a mix of her growing up not that gracefully
and a real tacky, mainstream & commercial Elle Paris stylist :P
have you seen the recent issue of GQ? this is not a one shot thing...and she does not look dried up! she looks like a confident, powerful woman. a seductress in line with renne russo in the thomas crown affair!

and she has toughened...she is doing a kill bill trilogy, she's not the ethereal pale weakling we all knew once upon a time. she's strong.

:blink: i will not fight with you on this, one does not need to 'harden up' in real life just to play/star at the "kill bill" trilogy, one does not need to carry 'kill bill' around like a :rolleyes: sticker or as a full time 'personal' look. Actually, a contrast role/look could have been more interesting.

thats just my view, i'm entitled (i think) :unsure:
and so are you dear prince :P

I don't think it's that bad. She looks pretty nice I think. :heart:

Never put a tanned person on the cover of a winter issue. :lol:

Makes me miss summer. :cry:

But Uma still looks good.

i actually love it and think she looks amazing. AMAZING..... it is possible to be tan in the winter...... Caribbean visits happen all winter long. i really do think she looks so beautiful.

and also even though you dont have to become your charachter and in fact that would be quite strange if an actor did.... she obviously worked her *** off to look the way she does and it is contributing to her persona now.... which is buff as hell if i were here i would tan that bod and show it off.... love her makeup as well.

I really adore Uma, she's an amazing talent and there is still a quiet reserve about her thats alluring (to me). Thanks for posting the cover :flower:

I :heart: the look, she is almost irrecognizable :o , but I rather see the old Uma... she kinda looks like Amber Valetta there :unsure:

:yuk: i totally agree with Lena-- she looks like that actresss what was her name-- oh- Heather (?)the hair lady there!! :sick:

Originally posted by caala a.@Dec 9th, 2003 - 1:52 pm
:yuk: i totally agree with Lena-- she looks like that actresss what was her name-- oh- Heather (?)the hair lady there!! :sick:
Heather Locklear?

This is a very new look for Uma but I think she looks good. She does look much older. More sophisticated, too. Like a very refined, older French woman. I like it.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 9th, 2003 - 2:58 am
i used to love Uma , the old pale, fragile, dove eyed Uma.. what an amazing distance from the :yuk: tanned lady on French Elle cover, I can hardly recognise her, she makes me real sad :cry:

i want my UMA back PLEASE :ninja:
I agree, she loosk so much ncie when she looks inocent and sophisticated.

At first glance I was startled at how hard she looks in that picture. I think it's mostly the styling though. I think Uma has a very unique look, she's obviously changing, but that happens with age. I think she'll probably age well, she has great bone structure and a big part of her appeal, to me at least, is the energy in her eyes. Even in that photo her eyes shine.

Originally posted by Angelica@Dec 9th, 2003 - 11:49 pm
At first glance I was startled at how hard she looks in that picture.
i know, its scary.. :cry:
she looks hard and not herself at all to me :ninja:

Brazil April
capa191_home.jpg

Canada April(sorry abt size but i had to show you pam anderson)
cover.jpg

China in a very boringly common pic!
maycover.jpg

German
zt_1_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
April Czech
phpHDo7Si.jpg

India Luvvit!!ATTITUDE B)
cover.jpg

hONG Kong
199ellecover.jpg