Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

Believe it or not my husband and I have gone without rings for several years now. We just had our second child and finances aren't so fantastic to afford a lot. I used to have a nice solitaire but I nearly gouged out my son's eyes with it by accident when he was a baby...just not very practical for my lifestyle.

Don't get me wrong, I love some bling but these days I feel weird about symbolizing something so serious and yet simple with something extravagant which really has nothing to do with how our marriage is. Then there is the whole diamond thing and how people in Africa are dying/making pennies a day to mine diamonds we buy...soooo....right now I am happy with a very simple silver Tiffany band. It was dirt cheap and yet the quality is nice...kind of like our life, haha.

Anyway, I'm not knocking anyone who chooses these super extravagant wedding sets but it just doesn't suit me these days...and of course I would rather spend the money I saved on clothes, handbags, and shoes, heehee...to each their own, right? I just wanted to chime in and say there is nothing wrong with something modest but chic.

Filippa, if you want my honest opinion... I think there's nothing tackier (even if it IS Bulgari) than wedding rings that blatantly advertise their brand. Maybe it's just me, but I just find that too 'showy'.

here are some of mine..sorry of the bad quality of the last one as its taken from a wedding pic and its currently not with me..I rarely wear the first because of the size 12 carats..but its my main wedding ring..and is a D color and gorgeous..
my other one(the first pic)..its a 5 carat square cut modified brilliant..the clarity is P2 but the color if F..because of the clarity thats why it looks vintagyy..
and my last one (2nd pic) is a 3 carat oval shape surrounded by black diamonds:flower:

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 837
  • PICT1435.JPG
    PICT1435.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT1439.JPG
    PICT1439.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 42
does anyone own a yellow diamond ring?! i want to know which kind id the best..whats the diff between vivid/intense and fancy?!

Well, I'm not engaged or married, but ideally I'd like some pretty, feminine, and not too flashy. Oh, and in platinum, with princess cut diamonds (if any) please. :smile: Simple and sleek would be best.

I love the idea of having a ruby or something other than a diamond on the ring...

PrincessCutBlackDiamondRing2.jpg

I think this one's really goregeous. It's actually a black diamond.

CHBWS.jpg

I'd like this one but with square-cut stones instead. Ruby and diamond would be really pretty too, and being that I'm Polish, it'd suit my heritage. (the Polish flag is red and white)

http://www.mysolitaire.com/admin/Images/User_images/CHBWS.jpg
25117L-White-2.jpg

I like this one. :smile:

CS2-2.jpg

And this one's pretty.

MSPWB2.jpg

Nice and simple wedding band.

g620vw.jpg

(pictures from www.mysolitaire.com and www.handwovenbands.com)

Haha, looking at these rings is too much fun. I should stop now. :P
http://www.mysolitaire.com/admin/Images/User_images/PrincessCutBlackDiamondRing2.jpg

Oh, and Miss Manners once said that the wedding band goes closest to your heart, the engagement ring closest to the wallet.

My boyfriend and I have just started thinking about rings. I really like this style: a pear shape with trillions on the sides

O14684large.jpg

dialadiamond.com

This is beautiful too!

A8876large.jpg

(same source)

Well the picture I have of my engagement ring isn't very clear. I don't know how to take a picture without the flash being too harsh or taking a picture without the flash and the picture being dull.

I love love love my engagement ring but I'm not too thrilled with the wedding band (I'm only engaged but once greeks have their engagement party they start to wear the wedding band). The wedding band matches my engagement ring perfectly but its not what I like. Its way too thin. I dont care about the amount of diamonds but it is far fat too thin for my liking. My fiance and I have discussed this and we are going to change my wedding band before we get married next year.

The engagement ring is on white gold, 1.65 carat center diamond with 1 carat of side diamonds. There are 2 baguettes and a round diamond on either side of the center one. The band is a thin replica of the engagement ring but the center diamond is replaced with two smaller round diamonds. (Sorry the picture is unclear and excuse the fatness of the hand!)

set.jpg

am getting engaged in july this is the type of ring I want.
or one with a round flat diamond

Attachments

• P10129316a.jpg
    P10129316a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 668
im sorry, that bvlari one is just... i don't know... wrong. And terribbly overpriced. Wedding band is something you'll wear a lot, I think having BVLGARIBVLGARIBVLGARI on something so personal and symbolic is just :yuk:

Mine is the last one, a three band puzzle ring with 26 small diamonds. Platinum. It is both an engagement ring and a wedding band :smile:
georg_1.jpg

does anyone know who the designer is for sienna miller's engagement ring? i love the ring but don't have a good picture of it

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 702
sweet n simple - those are gorgeous rings! Who is the maker?

So.. I'm starting the daunting task of choosing a ring I'll wear forever :P
Some that have caught my eye so far...
with no rhyme or reason as to why!
The Ashoka cut is stunning... but well out of our range :(
They had it in a yellow diamond in the store.. breathtaking!!
Thoughts on the others?

(rosssimmons.com, finks.com, tacori.com)

Attachments

• ross simmons.jpg
    ross simmons.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 669
  • ritani finks.jpg
    ritani finks.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 669
  • elara finks.jpg
    elara finks.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 672
  • ashonka finks.jpg
    ashonka finks.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 670
  • tacori.jpg
    tacori.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 671
My wedding band - white gold, with 5 diamonds (totaling 1/8 carat) and milgrain detail. It's absolutely perfect for me. Vintage looking, elegant, and delicate. It doesn't overpower me or draw attention I don't want, and I talk with my hands, so I don't have to worry about putting someone's eye out :D

ice.com
myweddingring.jpg

WOW. What beautiful rings ... in fact,I can almost see the limbless African children reflected in the clarity of the stone.

Shame on everyone who wears a diamond whether as a result of ignorance or arrogance.

legaldiva said:
WOW. What beautiful rings ... in fact,I can almost see the limbless African children reflected in the clarity of the stone.

Shame on everyone who wears a diamond whether as a result of ignorance or arrogance.

sarcasm aside, you're obviously against diamonds... i'm honestly curious as to what you would suggest as alternatives to traditional diamond engagement rings and wedding bands. i'm interested in your perspective as I am also against the trade of "blood diamonds". also, what are your thoughts on Canadian diamonds? are they an ethical alternative?

curious, which is the ashoka? I like the one withthe big circle and the one next to it with the four small rows of diamonds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerinadimitriou
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->