Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

Just bought this book called "500 Wedding Bands" - and there is so many amazing rings - :heart::heart::heart: Some are more artistic and conceptual rather than for actual wear. I'm posting a dozen of my faves - but if people like - I am happy to post more.

All scanned by me.

Attachments

• WB1.jpg
    WB1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WB2.jpg
    WB2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WB3.jpg
    WB3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Scanned by me

Attachments

• WB4.jpg
    WB4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • WB5.jpg
    WB5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2
  • WB6.jpg
    WB6.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2
a few more

Attachments

• WB10.jpg
    WB10.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3
  • WB9.jpg
    WB9.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 5
  • WB8.jpg
    WB8.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 4
more

Attachments

• WB11.jpg
    WB11.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WB12.jpg
    WB12.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • WB13.jpg
    WB13.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
This might just be my favorite :heart:

WB7.jpg

I was very young when i got married i was still at the Uni, we were living together for ages I guess it not even crossed my mind the idea of an engagement ring, I think I did not even knew people gave them. Anyway if my husband, boyfriend then, would have got one it had to come from our budget and to me that would have been a ridiculous expense, I still think it is.

My mother gave us our wedding rings but we chose them , we both agreed that we wanted something like our parents and grandparents had, a simple quite thick gold ring, we did not even saw other options we knew what we wanted. Something solid, old fashioned and without fuss. 7 years on I still think it was the best option, and never saw any other wedding ring that would tempt me.

:lol: I just looked at my old post a few posts up...that was a year ago!!!

Funny how things change in a year...now I'm married!

My engagement ring and my wedding band (on my wedding bouqet)

WeddingPictures418.jpg

VainJane that is a beautiful story!! i love your rings too!!
Liya taht is a gorgeous ring. congratulations!

hmm.. i prefer to buy from boutique/local jewelers rather than big brand names. Especially old diamonds .. they have a very different cut.

I also love uncut diamonds.

I dont think am every going to get married.. but I love the idea of an engagement ring.

for the usual everyday thing i wear my wedding band only, all diamonds. sometimes with its engagement ring. but most of the time the 2 engagement rings stay in the safe and i wear the wedding band only.
the colored engagement ring is like this one, the other one is clear diamond with tiny ones around

pic from google

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just wonderful :heart:
marry me.jpg
yoonjungyun.com via roomservice.blogg.se

VainJane, I love that photograph. I got married this past November and I wish my photographer had taken a shot like that:smile: My Ring is 1920's that my husband picked out at an antique store we both love that always has amazing fine jewelry. It has an engraving on the inside that says from Mother to Daughter, which I love, thinking of it's history. The band we picked out was from our local family jeweler and it mixes really well with it:smile:

Unique Engagement and Wedding Rings

My boyfriend has just proposed, without a ring. (He'd been mulling it over for a few months, and wasn't planning on popping the question when it all came down). I'm not actually sold on the need for an engagement ring. My parents didn't have one (they were a little too bohemian for that), nor did his (they are from the Soviet Union). He is quite adamant about it, however.

He does wants my help in selecting something (he is very wise!) - but I'm not huge into flash jewelry. Actually, my great-aunts were costume jewelers and left me boxes of wild stuff - and while I do love putting on all of my Queen of France jewelry, as I called it in my youth, and dramatically vacuuming the house as Elizabeth Taylor, in real life I wear very subtle pieces. Threadlike chains with the most delicate jewel drops. A rotating cast of one-off Brazilian pieces that look as though they're made of miniature gold-cast things you might find in a hardware store, and yet not at all costume-y.

I'd like something slightly off-kilter, unusual. Not a rock. Would definitely prefer a band. But I am absolutely clueless when it comes to these things!

Btw, we do have an engagement/wedding rings thread, and most of them are unique :wink:

I'm not so sure about the snake imagery myself :unsure: But if you wanted to go with a ring with a unique shape like that, I'm thinking you could get either that jeweler or another one to make a wedding band that followed the line of the ring.

Alternatively, that ring already has a multi-band effect, so you could wear it for both (if that would pass muster with your fiance! :lol:). I know a number of people who wear one ring with stones.

I have an issue with 'blood diamonds' ... so I have thought of doing a big South Sea pearl ... I saw some really beautiful golden ones recently. A vintage ring is another option ... or champagne diamonds, which are only mined in Australia.

I just want something unique and simple. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerinadimitriou
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->