Fashion Stylists - Share Your Work, Give & Get Feedback

Xone

Reaction score
Nueva said:
Xone... you should definintely post some of your work... we would love to see it? You're a stylist, right?

softgrey... are you a designer?

I work as a art director (same function as fashion editor - concept,etc- and as stylist).i worked with a guy and togehter do the work as a duo :wink:

i started doing this since july 2004....

im would love to see your work softgrey,nueva and stilista.....it would be cool :D

nice work softgrey,i love it! it was for an editorial?......can i see the others???

i don't have everything scanned...it was a personal project...the story was called fear of flying...

oh ok......cool and may i see something of your "comercial" work or u dont have more scans........(im finishing my scans to post)

Xone said:
oh ok......cool and may i see something of your "comercial" work or u dont have more scans........(im finishing my scans to post)
i don't have a scanner... :(

to softgrey, nueva and stilista

softgrey said:
i don't have a scanner... :(

here´s my latest work published......hope u enjoy it.....

Attachments

• cowboy.jpg
    cowboy.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 604
wow xone...very nice work...well done...congratulations...
thank you for sharing that!!..

very different than the stuff i do...

stilista...have you got any examples of your stuff?... :flower:
nueva...how about you?....

softgrey... who shot your stuff? (the girl with the wings, is yours... right?)
and who's the girl in it?

my stuff to come...

the girl's name is amy something...i'm bad with names...
there's a link to the photgrapher's site below the pic...

thank u for your comments stilista, softgrey and garuda......im glad u liked it :D ,i´ll scan other and post it maybe tomorrow

ps garuda what do u do??

softgrey said:
stilista...have you got any examples of your stuff?... :flower:
nueva...how about you?....

:blush: :blush: I'm too shy to post anything....would make me feel funny!!! :D

yeah...i was like that for a long time too...
i understand...but it would be nice to see everyone's diferent styles...

i feel the same.....

stilista said:
:blush: :blush: I'm too shy to post anything....would make me feel funny!!! :D

i feel the same stilista im shy but i think we are nice people here (soft, nueva and you) so thats why i post it.......when u feel more secure post, we like to see your work and see different styles.........it would be more than nice.....

Xone said:
thank u for your comments stilista, softgrey and garuda......im glad u liked it :D ,i´ll scan other and post it maybe tomorrow

ps garuda what do u do??

I'm not a photographer if that's what you mean^_^

Ohhhhh I wish I saw this thread earlier. Softgrey I really dig the "afraid to fly" image...I always wondered who styled that. Xone thats awsome too! I hope I'm not stepping on toes, or being a party crasher here posting images...I'd rather do a scan but I don't have a scanner either, so i'm just gonna post some random stuff i have on the computer. It's raw unfortunately, i wish i had the photoshopped version. Ohh and if you go to www.stylusmodels.com
I styled the "coming soon" page, it was from the same shoot.

Now jumping onto the boat about pay, I get paid the same amount to style a testing for a model here in Toronto, as I do doing an editorial. Softgrey hit a really great point about tears. They know you're getting one, and they take advantage of that. But those tears are priceless. Plus alot of editorials for some magazines are submissions, and not commissioned to be done. It really is something we do to get our kicks, and some street cred. Softgrey, Nueva, and Zone are you guys still doing alot of Creatives(is that what you call them down there)?? The real money for stylists is totally in campaigns, commercial work, and wardrobe consulting. Softgrey and I don't have scanners...that's probably because we've been doing too many editorials and can't afford them.

For another example of photographers not making tonnes on editorial, consider a photographer named Gabor Jurina, who's canadian, he books alot of editorials, and has shot Stam and Warsame...yet until recently he shot for Stitches (I'm not sure if stitches is a canadian thing or not,but it's like hyper low end crap).

Stylists and Makeup artists may seem like subordinate beings, lady grey, but we've got a fine tuned understanding of the industry, and we're very closely knit with the gossip and going rates. I can back Softgrey through personal experience on the going rates...even fashion school kids can back us up now that I think about it.

Attachments

• 0432.jpg.jpeg
    0432.jpg.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back