Gap F/W 07.08 by Annie Leibovitz

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

072407_p3c.jpg
072407_p3b.jpg

Gap is sticking to tradition to promote its casual classics — the core of the $16 billion business.

For fall, the specialty chain will break out another series of portraits featuring artists and celebrities in the signature up-close-and-personal style that Gap has utilized for decades.

The campaign, developed by Laird + Partners and photographed by Annie Leibovitz, is called "Classics Redefined." The photos will run in the September issues of national magazines including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Lucky, Interview, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, GQ and Dwell. The campaign will also appear in Gap stores, online and on billboards and bus shelters in select markets.

"Fashion portraiture is a subject near and dear to Gap. Our advertising has always put the individual ahead of the clothes," Don Fisher, founder of Gap, said in a statement. "Whether it's a celebrity, a writer, a performing artist or a model, the person is always the art, the clothes the frame that sets them off."

The campaign consists of 12 black-and-white portraits. Among the artists in the campaign are musician John Mayer, wearing a $39.50 sweater vest, and comic Sarah Silverman, seen in a $49.50 wide-leg trouser. Actor Ken Watanabe wears a tailored white shirt, priced at $39.50, and actress Selma Blair wears the "deep V" sweater, priced at $44.50. Others appearing in Gap classics are Forest Whitaker, Lucy Liu, Liev Schreiber, Regina King, Davis Guggenheim, Twyla Tharp, Marcel Wanders and Ami Onuki and Yumi Yoshimura of Puffy AmiYumi.

Selma looks good, I love her though....so don't go by me.

Snore...

I do want to see the Puffy AmiYumi ones though.

I have to see more before I makew up my mind. Sadly no models :(

John Mayer looks hot! :shock: Salma's pose is cool. I wonder if the model pictures will be similar to these. :flower:

selma blair is amazing i love her, john mayer looks great too.

For those that said it's boring: I dont' think this campaign is supposed to be breaking-gound. As the article said, it's simply portraiture, Gap tradition. At least Gap is sticking true to its identity.

Everyone looks really hot (especially Ken).
I don't care if they don't have any special concept as long as they look beautiful and these ads look great

I love John Mayer. He looks like a werewolf in person, but he looks sooo good in that picture.

I agree with rollagasper. The ads are very "Gap", and they're nice for the Gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->