Givenchy F/W 13.14 : Amanda, Carine, Dalianah, Julia, Mariano & Quim by Mert & Marcus

From 10magazine.com
“The story goes on: on the set and outside the set with my family, Mert & Marcus, Luigi, Lucia, Carine, Katy… These people are my family. They have always believed in me. They are very faithful to me. Faithfulness and love are the most amazing things in what I want to do. I think it is a moment of history for me in fashion for my own gang. I want to credit each time the people that are very faithful to my style, and faithful as human beings. This time, there is a gypsy feeling because it is the inspiration of the collection. Again, the reality of someone like Carine with her daughter showing real love or Quim with Amanda is very special to me. All of them, including the models, are real gypsies in their own life. They are never in one place. They travel the world. It is a real relationship, not only physically, but also with a content even when far away…” Riccardo Tisci

Creative director: Riccardo Tisci
Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot
Womenswear stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Menswear stylist: Katy England
Models: Amanda Seyfried, Carine Roitfeld, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Quim Gutierrez, Dalianah Arekion, Mariano Ontanon
Make-up: Lucia Pieroni
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Layout: M&M

That train wreck of a collection couldn't have been saved even with best campaing possible. Though Carine and Julia look great on that photo the clothes just ruin it all.
On the other hand Quim is a very nice surprise, great to see him, if nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes me giggle than Carine and Julia almost look the same age... :lol: ...

Maybe next time we'll see Frank Ocean in one of these "family" campaigns...

Quim's fingers in that closeup bothers me a little bit.

Boring... and it should have been just Carine.

Haha...same collection and campaign as last year!

^ And yes, Amanda does look gorgeous!,

Ugh, I was praying for a fantastic campaign to make up for the terrible collection. Even though the pictures itself are not bad, the fact that it's the same concept from last season, and that they used black & white for a collection that was about colourful prints is a huge bummer. I'm in love with Amanda here, though. She looks like a proper high fashion model.

I didn't care much for the collection and honestly, I couldn't care less about this.

Amanda looks amazing! :heart:
I do agree about the gimmicky thing here though..I wouldn't be surprised if Frank Ocean was part of it.

Interesting cast, the shots are great and much stronger than last season (Amanda Seyfried looks amazing here). But honestly Riccardo's work at Givenchy is becoming soooooo lazy and blah.

Actually, I love all shots and think they are really gorgeous. They also showcase to collection very well.
Still, using the same concept is lackluster, but that's what defines Riccardo (and Mert&Marcus to a lesser extent) nowadays.

Congrats to Dalianah being the only runway model, she looks absolutely gorgeous and completely holds her own. Far too reminiscent of Spring 2013 campaign for me to fully appreciate, it just seems boring at this point, haven't been wowed since Spring 2012.

Same exact concept? Oh, man... This would look much better in color. At least the campaign in itself is gorgeous.

why on earth Carine and Julia look both like Madonna? post-production is disaster

This is S/S 2013 with layers and layers of clothing! boring as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->