Hair Salons Recommendations - Toronto

F

Fahiongala

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good hair salons in Toronto? I've been wanting to get my hair done for ages and can't make up my mind where do go. Also has anyone heard of T.A.Z hair salon?

Thanx in advance! :D

Civello on Queen...I LOVE my stylist there and there are great colourists too. I have never been disappointed, and I'm pretty demanding.

Never heard of TAZ though

Try Coupe Bizzarre on Queen St. West, it's one of the best hair salons in Montreal and the Toronto salon shouldn't be any different.

http://www.coupebizzarre.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Aveda along Bloor Street. :flower:
It's cheap, they give great haircuts, and even offer you tea and a massage.

Oh man, I live and swear by cupello on Bloor and Windermere near Runnymede station. Go to Gabriel, he's the best!

drexl said:
Try Coupe Bizzarre on Queen St. West, it's one of the best hair salons in Montreal and the Toronto salon shouldn't be any different.

http://www.coupebizzarre.com

Not crazy about their salon (I am one-for-three in terms of receiving the cut I wanted), but their colourists are awesome. I would definitely recommend them.

sugarjunkie said:
Not crazy about their salon (I am one-for-three in terms of receiving the cut I wanted), but their colourists are awesome. I would definitely recommend them.

you're right. the colour is good, but don't get your haircut there unless you want to end up looking like Jen from MuchMusic

Whatever you do, avoid Donato's. It's expensive, and if you get a stupid stylist (especially a junior), they'll mess up your hair and be all snobby about it. I'm also looking for a new place to get my hair cut, so thanks for the ideas, everyone. Oh, and I found this wicked lady in Mississauga that dyes/highlights for cheap and does it really well. Too bad she does it in her house, lol.

I am going to try cupello - tristan, you've sold me... I love Bloor West Village!

STAY AWAY from Poison Ivy (either of them) - it was a horrible experience for me AND my best friend who were cut and coloured by two different people!
Coup Bizarre - Fox, you're so right - and who really wants to look like jen? :shock:

fezbatik said:
I am going to try cupello - tristan, you've sold me... I love Bloor West Village!

STAY AWAY from Poison Ivy (either of them) - it was a horrible experience for me AND my best friend who were cut and coloured by two different people!
Coup Bizarre - Fox, you're so right - and who really wants to look like jen? :shock:

oh yes, my friend's old roommate had her hair coloured at Cupello and she had great hair.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Jen...why is nobody telling her how horrible her hair looks? I'm not even saying this to be catty...there's nothing cool about it

Yeah Jenn does have nasty hair. Hey tell Gabriel Tristan sent you and he'll treat you sooo damn well. And if your getting a colour go to Tony, who is sooo good too.

Fox in the Snow said:
you're right. the colour is good, but don't get your haircut there unless you want to end up looking like Jen from MuchMusic

Haha, Jen has the worst hair ever! Every time I see her bangs, I die a little inside. :yuk:

I'm pretty excited about trying someone new. I will let you know what I think. :D

Now that Nam is gone - who DOESN'T make you die a little inside on MM??

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got my haircut at Couppe Bizarre and i LOVED it. I def. recommend it! Ask for Shawna.

lovefashion said:
I recently got my haircut at Couppe Bizarre and i LOVED it. I def. recommend it! Ask for Shawna.
beware though...i've had my best hair cut here & my worst hair cut here!!! :doh:

Shagg on Scollard St. in yorkville is awesome!! its a great looking salon & the people working there are amazing.
Ask for Lance...he's amazing :flower:

I met the crew from Shagg at some event I was at last year - everyone had a very cool vibe - I liked them a lot, thanks for reminding me!

fezbatik said:
I met the crew from Shagg at some event I was at last year - everyone had a very cool vibe - I liked them a lot, thanks for reminding me!
no problem!
enjoy your new 'do wherever you choose to get it done!! :flower:

OOhh, this is just the thread I was looking for (glad I searched for it then :P ).

I've had my hair cut twice at the vidal sassoon academy. Horrible both times. Twice at Tony and Guy on Bloor, first time as a model cut. It was decent. Second time I paid Hiro to do it. pretty darn good. It was the best hair cut I've ever had, but since I had previously never had a gread hair cut.... that's not saying much. I need to get my hair cut, and this time coloured (also coming on this section of the board to ask for colour suggestions) and am looking for a good cut and colour place. Is Tony and Guy good for colour? I have super straight blonde hair, want in a different shade of blond, and want a regular layered, but chic cut. Any suggestions?

(I'm not into "edgy" cuts. where everything is uneven and stuff. right now my hair is super long, want it to a couple inches above the bra line).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->