Hairstyles how-to's

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this look, please? Thanks!

67555890.jpg

Twitter (Lauren Conrad's).

One more. I'd like to know how to do Blake Lively's chic ponytail:
X278666527442100_6.jpg

Source: Celebrity-Paradise, and from the Blake Lively style thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone just says "styling product" but what would you guys reccomend to hold big, amanda seyfried/tami taylor-ish loose curls? i have pretty fine hair but i have a LOT of it, so preferably something with stronger but flexible hold. thanks - i don't know a lot when it comes to hairstyles since my hair is very "easy". but i'm trying to figure out more formal and polished styles!
alg_friday_night_lights.jpg

nydailynews
amanda-seyfried-hair-2.jpg

shessmart.com

how do I get this crazy hair? :D
(it's from the marc by marc jacobs ss 2011 show)

zimbio via Fantomette

Small braids, and then comb through it, maybe? Lots of hairspray and reverse combing.

Just checked out sock curling Sara_1987, it looks so fun and I'm definitely trying it out this weekend.

^For me,I use a product by Umberto Giannini,called Glam Hair Grunge Glamour Tousled Salt Spray,which works wonders for me.

Does anybody have any good advice on how to achieve the perfect beehive?

Anybody knows how to do this Celine 'do?

carolinesmode.com/caroline

you could... divide the part that goes flat, and leave it till the end of the process.
Divide the remaining part into 3 and make with the botom 2/3rds a low pony tail with that invisible rubber bands...
with the 1/3 that remains, (it will be the blob), comb it straight in a 90º angle, tie it somewhere along the middle in that angle and take it to the end of the original ponytail. it has to be longer than the point where the first ponytail begins, then when you take both ponytails together, it will lift up. Secure it with bobby pins (our best friends).
finally, comb the flat remaining part and secure them with bobby pins as well and cover up with a thicker band.
If it is confusing, I could try better.. is it understandable?

This hair looks so beautiful. Does anybody know how to create this look?
150711locks2.jpg
150711locks3.jpg

nationalgeorgographic via coco vaughn

Oh Me: it looks a bit like waves created by rolling the hair up in a bun when the hair is damp (because of the volume) and some front sections have been curled with a curling iron to give the hairstyle some definition. But that's just my guess... Since that's approximately the hair style I get when i go to sleep with my hair tied in a bun.

tumblr_lh4kmjwEnS1qb5c7co1_500.png

how to get it messy w/ very loose waves? i've tried to get this with a flat iron but they come out too tight.

totalgirlcrush.tumblr.com

just had a horrible haircut and I cant seem to do anything with it. Im think a soft wave would look better but I cant seem to figure out how to do them. Something like this:

glamour.com

please help!

Attachments

• 0121-olivia-mun-short-haircut_bd.jpg
    0121-olivia-mun-short-haircut_bd.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
5211321685_3c3603b7ba_z.jpg

saralynnpaige.com

I thought I would share one of my favorite hairstyle looks, one which I don't think is as well known. The Gibson Tuck hairstyle is wicked easy to do and it looks fantastic. It was originally worn during the early 20th century, around the 1910's and such, but it's really a classic look. I've found that I like wearing it all the time because it's a quite an effortless look. Here's a link to the site, with a easy how-to. ^_^

[URL="http://saralynnpaige.com/style/simple-gibson-tuck/[/URL]

I wish I could help people in this thread but alas I am a dud when it comes to hair. :P

does anyone know how to achieve this look?
r39Cs.jpg

stylebistro.com

I'm guessing a... crimper or something? I don't own one though. :cry: and my hair is terribly long and straight, ugh. I love this look though, it's just under the amount of crimp that would put in the 90s.

Could anyone explain how to get curls with such a volume? Also is a curling iron used or curlers or any other technique? Of course there are extensions used, but still I can't understand the technique. :doh:

6908510779_3405eecc86_z.jpg

[BorisovDmitry]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->