Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

^^ me too, but I don't know what to do about it
NEVER hang knits...
this includes t-shirts and sweaters...
it shouldn't be happening with anything else...
unless you hang it wet, then the shape of the hager will set when it's dry...

if you still have the issue...
the solution is FATTER and ROUNDER hangers...
the kind that are specially made for suits...

:flower:..

i am out of hangers again...:doh:...
this is a perpetual problem in my house...
it's kind of ridiculous...
:ninja:

maybe the fattest and roundest is the hanger CdG has in stores.
it has an ideal form the best for me, and they give me a bundle when I shop.
really great if you don't think it has to be wood.
I guess it is practically impossible to make their hanger in that thickness out of wood.
it would cost $$$.

for the past ten years, some designers have developed their own hangers.
each hanger has its own reason from the designer's peculiar viewpoint.
for example the main reason maurizio altieri used to use "meat hook" is he wanted to show how his clothes were made (sewn) on the reverse side unobtrusively.
LUC used to display his knits on to a circle hung on a coil spring because he wanted to do something about the status quo that knits are laid flat, and he thought it's a weak way to present them. especially the presence of knit stuff in stores could sometimes be like side dish.
also he wanted the weight to be visualized.
(though he doesn't use the circle these days, just the coil spring used like the meet hook after his ex-boss, since the inside is the outside in his world too and his knits are often tough almost like canvas and now there are much more fabric pieces than the earlier days.)
in short it has been also about how to show clothes.
discoverablity as well as functionality.

143994rk6.jpg

luc00bq6.jpg

05bdv7.jpg

080120155535xs4.jpg

minorityrev

and now this object below is the latest hanger that a newborn label called devoa invented in collaboration with a 60 years old hanger maker, nakata hanger.
they carved a block of beech into this shape that looks like a little manta.
it's trapezius.
a garment is supposed to hang on trapezius rather than on shoulders and neck,
and look sitting naturally on it to be discovered differently.
there will also be other material versions for domestic use later.
of course it's not for something too heavy or tailored in a orthodox way.

080718anatomy2gj5.jpg

nakatafh8.jpg

kindofhot.cocolog-nifty.com

thanks runner...those are all very interesting and lovely...
i like the 'manta' hanger...
very cool...elegant and earthy combined..imo..
:P

*but...
you don't wear a lot of CDG do you?
so how are you getting the hangers?...
:unsure:...:huh:...

i use crappy plastic ones from the container store :doh: i should really be taking better care of my clothes :unsure:

Those Ikea wood hangers. I always pick some up when i go in :P

Agree with the wire hanger hate though :rolleyes:

I'm no hanger snob, but I saw these green velvet wood hangers at Ross the other day, and since they only cost $2.99 for a pack of five, I couldn't resist. After all, green is my favorite color. :P Of course, since there's so few in the package, I'm only able to use them on my favorite dresses, but that's fine with me.

Here they are, outnumbered by plastic and wire hangers. :o

My photograph

anything other than plastic and wire
i work in a clothing shop and so i always take our good quality hangers.

thanks runner...those are all very interesting and lovely...
i like the 'manta' hanger...
very cool...elegant and earthy combined..imo..
:P

*but...
you don't wear a lot of CDG do you?
so how are you getting the hangers?...
:unsure:...:huh:...

you're welcome softgrey
there is someone I know since the early 90's.
(before the advent of maurizio in 1997 over here, I wore CdG (and lang as you know) half the time)
but I think anyone will have the hangers for the asking.

I had tossed all my wire hangers and replaced them all with lovely wooden ones, only to find myself with more clothes without hangers and only enough money on me to get wire. They look so out of place!!!

Big hanger snob here, and I will only allow the wooden variety in my cupboard. I remember once I moved into a new place and I dressed from the rack instead of temporarily capitulating to the wire, metal or plastic ones.

My 'one who got away'.....Martina Bertoli's 2017 limited edition collection which sold out pretty fast at the time. The colour won't match the louvered clothing cupboards, but I still intend on getting a local woodsmith to make a few for me.

932873d92d628c8218648c6231ef7ed5.jpg

I also wouldnt say no to the ones in Rick Owens shops......

image.jpg
ls.jpg

Core 777/Yelp

I use three different kinds, all from the Container Store (though my padded ones, the collection goes back years) ... padded ones for sweaters, Joy flocked ones for other tops and dresses, and black wood skirt hangers for pants and skirts.

I use three different kinds, all from the Container Store (though my padded ones, the collection goes back years) ... padded ones for sweaters, Joy flocked ones for other tops and dresses, and black wood skirt hangers for pants and skirts.

I suppose the padded ones are more suited to delicate pieces such as evening wear and demi couture pieces?
I should consider some too then, but the padding should match the colour scheme of the room. Either hemp beige or duck egg blue.

^ Yes, I think so. I predict you have more luck with the hemp color :wink: Mine come in a package with a white, green, blue, and ... ivory?? But they're, you know, in the closet, so I don't feel they need to match anything :wink:

custom ordered this rack for them. less wide.

CIMG330.jpg

H.I.D

^ I got one too not long ago from Etsy ... it's made of copper pipe and blonde wood and leans against the wall.

Recently I've been using the flocked skinny hangers, and clear Lucite skirt hangers for skirts and pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->