Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

I am a hanger snob too - plastic white hangers for my entire wardrobe. Same direction, no two pieces of clothing on each hanger.

I separate my work wardrobe from my weekend wardrobe, and also organise my clothing first by type of clothing (pants, shirts, jeans, dresses, tops, etc.), then by color within each type of clothing.

I guess the best way to revamp your clothing system is after you've shifted your place, unless you are very organised and decided to overhaul your wardrobe.

Most of my hangers came from IKEA, the rest are older wooden hangers from department stores and some are dry cleaner hangers.

I only use the wire dry cleaning hangers for when I travel (garmet bags).

This is what I use for most of my items.
00444_PE065357_S3.jpg

Ikea.com

I have these for my skirts and pants
42331_PE137008_S2.jpg

Ikea.com

And these for coats and jackets.
42328_PE137005_S3.jpg

Ikea

This is going to be my next hanger purchase.
Cedar hangers
CedarHangers_m.jpg

containerstore.com

The absolute best hangers are called Huggable Hangers on HSN. They are mad out of some kind of light velvet material and your clothes won't slip off the hanger or anything. Not even silk cami's or shirts. They come in different sizes to fit coats, pants, and shirts. I have ordered them over 5 times in black. Closet is looking stunning!

I tried wood but my clothes slipped off too easily and they took up too much space. I switched to thin velvet hangers that keep the clothes up. I have cute a little rainbow of hangers!

6318514541721P.JPG

5609414255338P.JPG

5609314255303P.JPG

BB&B

all my hangers match, they are all dark wood. exept my hangers for my skirts, which also match.

I use plastic and wooden hangers. At this point I haven't figured out if I have a small closet, or an exorbitant amount of clothes :innocent: Most of my shirts have plastic hangers. The higher thread count (read: I spent way too much for these shirts) garments go on wooden hangers. My pants all drape beautifully from wooden hangers. All my coats, jackets, blazers, and dressier wools go on wooden hangers. My suits go on cedar hangers. All the hangers are in uniform colour. And as an extension, all of my dressier shoes have cedar shoe trees.

haha, i always steal hangers from the other rooms in the house. its either i have too many, or too little

Last edited by a moderator:
I use wire hangers. My closet is so compact that I don't have room for anything thicker than the wire style.

Wooden hangers. I've even taken a couple and removed the rod, sawed off a bit from the ends, and belt-sanded them smooth for my Dior jackets (really narrow shoulders).

Sawing off the end? :shock: How can you keep the shape?

Okay, I have all wooden hangers, same color...all facing the same direction. But I want to change because they really stick out and bug me a lot. Has anyone seen the pretty hangers Guessgirl96 suggested?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between the Huggable Hangers and the BB&B ones?

which do you think is better - cedar hangers or velvet hangers? i was going to ask barneys where they buy their black velvet ones but i can never remember. i would prefer cedar but aren't they slippery?

^It depends on what you're using the hangers for. If it's for wools or other garments that are a bit rigid and need to retain their shape, then cedar hangers are fine - they'll help realign the shoulder and neck line and absorb moisture and scents (perhaps one overdoused on parfum...) Cedar does dry out over time. You can lightly sand or spray to rejuvenate its natural scent. For silk and other fine fabrics the velvet hangers would probably be better - the surface is such that it would create friction for the garment and better hold it in place.

^thanks!

i found out! barneys uses custom black velvet MAINETTI hangers. i went on the website and i wanted to order some regular black velvet ones but there is no way to do it! i can't find anything where you order them. maybe you have to own a business to order? :unsure: can someone help me out here? :blush:

I'm more of a hanger SLOB

mommy dearest would lose her mind if she ever saw my closet
i've got all different colored hangers, all different materials...wood, plastic, and even wire :o:innocent:
mommy dearest would take those wire hangers and beat the crap out of me
hahah:lol:

I use plastic hangers. One item to each hanger. They're not the most attractive, but they do the job. I'd prefer to have wooden ones, but the cost really adds up.

I have all kinds of hangars--plastic, wood, and about 15 or so with crotched covers , so the clothes won't slip off--these were my grandmothers.:heart:
Funny the things you covet when someone passes away.

I would love to have all dark wood hangers, but they take up so much more space, so I'm stuck with multi-colored plastic ones. I refuse to use wire, they leave my clothes (especially tops) really misshapen.

all my hangers are the IKEA wood ones, and they all face the same way until I wear the item...then I flip the wire part backwards to show that I've worn it. I heard this somewhere so that after a year, if u don't wear something u should give it/get rid of it.
I also organize my clothes by type (pants, skirts...) and then within each category i organize by colour - I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to this :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->