Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

I'm not a hanger snob at all, I really don't care as long as it's physically possible to hang clothes off them. With that being said, I've nicked all my hangers from my parents house, so they're all pretty much wooden hangers and a few padded ones. I've never owned a wire hanger.

Clothes Hangers - whats your preference?

Am I the only one obsessed with getting the right hangers? :ninja:

My hangers match to some degree...
(30 of a kind.. then another set of 20.., but not all of them match..)

and its annoying me,
so I want to get new hangers when I move into my new apt next month :innocent:

i want sturdy tubular hangers with shoulder strap hooks for regular clothes and some nice wooden ones for suits / coats..

does anyone have preference on their hangers?

where do you get them from?

do you know where I can get 80+ without spending too much money?

I like tubular hangers too...I just got mine from Target, I've had them for quite a while and they hang up well.

all of my wood hangers are identical, they are all from IKEA.

the hangers for my skirts and pants are also identical, and then i have some metal ones, you get from the drycleaners, i hang dresses with spaghettistrpas ect. on them.

I'm trying to stop using the dry cleaners hangers so this week i plan on getting some wooded hangers.

I have wooden IKEA hangers, and I absolutely love them. They were incredibly inexpensive, and I got enough to fill my closet. I think 80 of them would cost less than $50!

i know we have a thread about this somewhere...
but i can't remember what it's called...

:ermm:

Wooden contoured hangers for coats and jackets and snap-lock hangers for skirts, et al. (the kind w/out clips which can imprint the fabric)

I fold as much of my clothing as possible, and pile the accumulations on my closet shelves, because standard hangers are generally too wide and will stretch the shoulders of my pickier garments. I've been in shops, particularly boutiques, where their hangers are sized perfectly; had I the nerve, I might have asked for any spares on hand...

^
thats a really good site! thanks!

im glad to know that im not the only one.. hee! :smile:

ikea wooden hangers..

i have some pastel coloured silk hangers which are incredibly cute. they remind me of marie antoinette.

softgrey said:
i know we have a thread about this somewhere...
but i can't remember what it's called...

:ermm:
Merged :wink:

I need to read up on this on this thread!!
Does anyone find any advantage to having all the same type of hanger? As far as putting together outfits and having them all at the same "level" so to speak to guage length, etc?

That's why I'm contemplating making the jump to consistency... but it's an investment :lol:

And I need cedar as well... can never be to careful!

I use those random plastic ones stores give you....hahaha. They all snap sooner or later, I need lots of hangers..but I hate the work of it all.

Time to revival this thread...

I really need some help, for all the hangers I buy are way too wide. I hate it when the two sides stick out on a blouse. I am not petite but I just can't find shorter hangers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Depending on where you're from augustus, I know Bed Bath & Beyond and The Container Store have a huge array of hanger sizes.

I didn't realize I was a hanger slob until I left for college this year and had to buy disgusting tubular hangers from K-Mart.:sick: My dream is to have an all-cedar closet, although the hangers themselves are really bulky and take up a lot of room. Guess I'll just have to have a huge closet instead, problem solved.:P

well i hve a very small closet and i am VERY picky about my hangers. i hve to have the same one all of them have to face the one way and i cant put two things on one hanger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooden hangers. I've even taken a couple and removed the rod, sawed off a bit from the ends, and belt-sanded them smooth for my Dior jackets (really narrow shoulders).

I am a hanger snob.

All the same wood, all the same style, all in the same direction.

(except the skirt/pant hangers, which are different style, but still the same wood)

:ninja:

yep!! u are just like billions of other people. maybe its like a form of OCD??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->