Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

Taitai said:
This topic made me laugh! I am also really picky about hangers!! :lol: All dark wood and they all have to match. My mother wanted to kill me when I insisted on shipping dozens of hangers when I had to temporarily relocate from NYC to Monaco. Thankfully I've found a great store here in Monte Carlo that sells beautiful wood hangers at reasonable prices! :heart:

Taitai, I can so relate to that:innocent: I lived in England for three years and when I started packing my stuff to come back to Finland, I was not going to leave my hangers behind. I had been working in a clothes shop so I had matching hangers in every shape I needed^_^ I shipped my things over, including my lovely hangers... My mom thought I was mad:D

I don't have matching hangers but recently I bought these black wooden hangers which are pretty nice and if I run out of hangers again, I will probably buy the same or similar hangers.

Ahh, a new obsession for me, I've been scanning eBay, I don't want to run out, but its expensive too.

all matching except the Oddball Nordtrom Suit, $9.99 at target

hangers.jpg

Haha what a great thread! Because I still live with my parents, I just use the same as them, wooden ones from Ikea and some others I've stolen. I'm fussy with delicates and expensive clothes but otherwise, I'm not a hanger snob in the slightest. Despite this I'm a complete nut when it comes to the order of clothes, my rails have to be colour coded, in strict rainbow order, minus retired coats, which are on their own.

i hang my clothes on the floor and on chairs most of the time :lol:

Oh man this is one issue I do have which I know it needs to change. So I moved in to this new house about four months ago. My room is huge, and well the closet is spacious as well. A big change from my other room in my old house. Anyways I went out to Pottery Barn and purchased the pine light stained hangers, and ever since I have become a maniac.

I'm sure a freak about how they look. They have to be perfectly alligned, even spaces bettween each hanger. I've also started hanging t-shirts, I hate wrinkles, I cannot even see one otherwise I'll run and iron it again and again lol. I even hang them in line with their prices. From most expensive to least expensive. Lmao I know!

And on my top shelve is where I put brand new clothes (still in their boxes and bags). It is so neat everything is perfect lol. I'm a neat freak, if you haven't noticed.

Hey don't feel embarassed lol :P I also use plastic hangers and I'm pretty content with them cos they don't end up leaving rising shoulders on shirts plus they don't weight a lot and are so practical.

I also have some wooden hangers but needless to say I don't like them a lot.

But definetly wire hangers are disastrous, I don't like them, and normally use them on clothes that I consider "old" or not so cool.

hangers what kind do you use? are you a hanger snob?

I mostly use wire hangers :unsure: But I have a few padded ones for the more delicate items of clothing. Do wire hangers damage your clothes??? :shock:
I know your not supposed to put fur on wire hangers, but i thought everything else was fine.

All dark wooden hangers and turned the same way. I'm obsessive about it. :ninja:

jdrumstik said:
all matching except the Oddball Nordtrom Suit, $9.99 at target

I have the matching Tar-jhaaaaay hangers as well.

(But I wouldn't stoop to Walmart hangers! Oh, the horror!) :P

I have a few decent wooden ones, but mainly the 10 for a dollar Target hangers.

ballroombeliever said:
Do wire hangers damage your clothes??? :shock:
I know your not supposed to put fur on wire hangers, but i thought everything else was fine.

The problem with wire hangers is that they're very thin, you get somewhat of a cheese cutter effect on any heavier items of clothing. OK, they might not cut through the shoulders of heavier garments, but they will put stress on them and will often create a "fold crease" along the wire. You need a wider, more substantial hanger to distribute the weight and keep your stuff hanging with perfection.

Ideally, you should have fairly wide, contoured hangers.

Joy Mangano Hangers

are brilliantly made

I made over my whole closet with her hangers. I have more space than ever!:heart:

so many colors, but I like the linen

so many options for your closet.:heart:

hsn.com

Attachments

• 592121.jpg
    592121.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 281172.jpg
    281172.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 98
my favorite is wooden hangers, but they are heavy and take up so much closet space. use them only for my evening dresses, coats and more expensive purchase. for office clothes and day to day wear i use plastic hangers :blush: . i hang everything too cos my closet was designed to contain mostly hangers, not much space to put folded stuffs.

Taitai, i'm with you on this uniform hangers. my husband thinks i'm anal :lol: . i can't bear the thought of having different colors, worse different shapes hangers (i separate my wooden and pastic hangers into their own sections of the closet).

wooden hangers take up too much space but i'd love to have them though

as it is we have three wardrobes and they're packed so full!

all of mine are black plastic ones, normal as well as the clippy ones for pants. We get them from our launderer's.

i throw away all other coloured ones, i like all black and of course no wire hangers ever!

and some padded satin ones for my delicate blouses

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have some store hangers lol, I like to use those cheap plastic ones all in the same colour; I went through a phase of hanger snobbery but realisticly wooden hangers take up the space of 3 plastic ones! My only objection is wire hangers...no way! Besides most of the time my clothes aren't actually on hangers.

i don't even have hangers....my bed is my wardrobe. how bad is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->