Harris Reed - Designer, Creative Director of Nina Ricci

Forget about "influential," the claims of being REVOLUTIONARY are what really get me.

I'm half tempted to suggest this as a purchase to my local public library, but do we really want to waste taxpayer's money? I just want to see inside of it SO badly, it looks so awful.View attachment 1244760View attachment 1244761abramsbooks
In all truthfulness, Michele was the actual revolutionary, considering that he actually started the current wave of the genderfluid fashion movement. Back in 2015, the peak of minimalism, his vision was seen as new and radical. Reed got a lot of his cache from his links to Gucci, which reflects in his earlier designs.

But the book isn't about Michele being revolutionary!!

Poor girl ugh that is kinda humiliating lol. But also I feel like neither of them are really revolutionary in gender bending. Michele may have consistently put Harry Styles in dresses that nobody asked for but the only trickle down I can see is basic gay guys wearing pseudo 70s clothes. Also not hating on Michele lol I really liked what he was doing when he first started with all the kooky 70's Mathilde Willink style stuff. Harris Reed I feel bad for kinda lol they really set his *** up for failure 😬 somebody's finding out the hard way that Billy Porter cannot be the sole customer of a multimillion dollar company.

Poor girl ugh that is kinda humiliating lol. But also I feel like neither of them are really revolutionary in gender bending. Michele may have consistently put Harry Styles in dresses that nobody asked for but the only trickle down I can see is basic gay guys wearing pseudo 70s clothes. Also not hating on Michele lol I really liked what he was doing when he first started with all the kooky 70's Mathilde Willink style stuff. Harris Reed I feel bad for kinda lol they really set his *** up for failure 😬 somebody's finding out the hard way that Billy Porter cannot be the sole customer of a multimillion dollar company.
They sell’ perfumes. they don’t need to sell clothes and that is why Nina Ricci has been in this state for quite some time. Blâme puig

In all truthfulness, Michele was the actual revolutionary, considering that he actually started the current wave of the genderfluid fashion movement. Back in 2015, the peak of minimalism, his vision was seen as new and radical. Reed got a lot of his cache from his links to Gucci, which reflects in his earlier designs.
Michele took it mainstream but I'm firmly of the opinion that he basically just took a good look at the Meadham Kirchhoff runways c. 2010-12 and put a commercial spin on that (MK clothes actually were beautifully made and somewhat original - very unusual patterns, from what I've seen, also they were years ahead on the street casting/gender fluid clothing front).
the difference is that Ed Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff actually made good clothes. This dude's 'activism' or support for the idea of gender fluidity is....what, dressing himself up? And for that he's rewarded with the top position at a known-name house? I'm just embarrassed for everyone who made the decisions leading to this, I think it's safe to say talent and innovation are far less of a priority than networking and personal image-making. At least those who had the latter two in their favour pre-2010 at least had a measure of the former too, but this?

In the case another pandemy comes, if people hoard again all toilet paper...we now have a clearly substitute here!

What happened to Meadham Kirchhoff ? Always liked their collection

^basically yes. Poor financial management and some absolutely terrible luck (the landlord who sold their archive out from under them is on my sh*t list forever). Sure, they went all the way out there with the statements and the styling but - like previous London-based talents before them - the clothes were actually good and wearable for anyone who absolutely wasn't wedded to Philo minimalism in that era.

It made me sad to read Edward's account of how he was treated by the London fashion scene afterwards, but MK operated in about the purest way a label can - focus on the clothes (i.e. they aren't window dressing for leather goods), resist celebrity freebies (except to Courtney Love, who they were fans of), keep production in the UK - and they made it work for about ten years before they couldn't.

^basically yes. Poor financial management and some absolutely terrible luck (the landlord who sold their archive out from under them is on my sh*t list forever). Sure, they went all the way out there with the statements and the styling but - like previous London-based talents before them - the clothes were actually good and wearable for anyone who absolutely wasn't wedded to Philo minimalism in that era.

It made me sad to read Edward's account of how he was treated by the London fashion scene afterwards, but MK operated in about the purest way a label can - focus on the clothes (i.e. they aren't window dressing for leather goods), resist celebrity freebies (except to Courtney Love, who they were fans of), keep production in the UK - and they made it work for about ten years before they couldn't.
There's a special spot in hell for that landlord.

I wonder what did the London fashion scene actually did to him. Especially because they always give themselves this "pro-underdog" image.

Forget about "influential," the claims of being REVOLUTIONARY are what really get me.

I'm half tempted to suggest this as a purchase to my local public library, but do we really want to waste taxpayer's money? I just want to see inside of it SO badly, it looks so awful.

View attachment 1244760
View attachment 1244761
abramsbooks
Love that Dolce and Gabanna funded this Met look yet Reed tries ever so hard to distance himself from them and take full credit 🤭

gay culture is what happened unfortunately

blame all the drag race bollocks. i f*cking hate my generation.
drag race finished ruining ballroom and drag culture, both of which used to be so fab

rupaul truly is satan with a lace front and a cut crease, he helped sanitize something so fun just to sell it to a boring middle america audience and now we have to bear the consequences: harris reed at nina ricci lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->