Heels for Men

Rick Owens does a lot of mens' high heels and as much as I love Rick I'll never wear heels. I dislike anything that messes around with gender. Men should be men and women should be women. You can argue gender-relations and gender-roles as much as you want but at the end of the day a guy in heels is always going to be ridiculous and most likely judged too. Some things should just be left alone.

Rick Owens does a lot of mens' high heels and as much as I love Rick I'll never wear heels. I dislike anything that messes around with gender. Men should be men and women should be women. You can argue gender-relations and gender-roles as much as you want but at the end of the day a guy in heels is always going to be ridiculous and most likely judged too. Some things should just be left alone.

The 50's called, they want their oppinions back! :innocent:

well, this is a fashion forum. it's very much about aesthetics here (altho it seems to be more about models these days...). so when you can make it aesthetically pleasing, alright!

some of those members who posted earlier in the post, they're simply not aesthetically pleasing. that one guy wearing a loose fit t-shirt with a wide, ankle length denim skirt and high heeled boots? questionable, and it has less something to do with him not being the most athletic looking and rather bald. i'd find it questionable on a woman too.

other members get fully into it, i've yet to see Alejandro looking absolutely ridiculous and i've seen what he wears these days. thing is, he knows how to dress, how to make things work, even high heels he's chosing to be just right. it just goes well with him and his personality and it never looks like he's desperate for attention.

when you can present a well rounded package that makes everything play well together, awesome. if you can't, you can't.

and yes, being able to wear high heels as a man is very much dependent on how you look.

but...buuut...b...ut what about Prince! :lol:

Here's a pic of me....
IMG_0095.jpg

^^^^Are you gay?
(Let's hope you caught the sarcasm)
;-)

I'm sorry, I was just coming to delete my quote because I thought it was unintentially insensitive. :-(

^ This is what I mentioned in my earlier post:
at the end of the day a guy in heels is always going to be ridiculous and most likely judged too. Some things should just be left alone

Shaq91, thank you for posting your picture and don't take as a personnal offence what I'm about to say.
This, to me, illustrates the "wrong" way to wear heels when you're a guy. I see no coherence, no consistancy in this outfit. If I didn't know he liked wearing heels, I'd honestly think he's some straight dude who dressed up in feminine clothing and heels for a party. As I previously said, a guy wearing heels only works IMO if he has an androgynous appearence and if it seems coherent as a whole.

But more power to you for doing your thing!

Shaq91, I've always considered you to be fabulous sporting the heels that you do. So I'm obviously respectful of the heels you're sporting in Post #785. Not only that, but having the confidence and charm to structure a lovely look. It's hommes like you that lead the way in showing that any homme can be stylish sporting a pair of feminine heels. Just need the right kind of heels and plenty of confidence. And of course, one also needs a lovely outfit from head-to-toe to look as fabulous as your feminine heels.

Very few can get away with it, and even then I think they went shopping in the wrong department. But hey, to each his own.

well, ain't that the truth.

Prince is such a boss, he can truly do whatever he wants. he's a worldwide icon too. and generally flamboyant in his attire.

well he is "His Royal Badness" ahahaha

only he can just show up to The View unannounced, give out tickets and leave.

the real name of the thread should be "men turned into comen".
Men with heels...well, mostly amazed by women...they want to look like women !!! i mean heels help to make a special walk. It works for women morphology IT'S NOT MADE FOR MEN !! I think it's ridiculous, i don't blame men who wear heels cause everyone is free, but they should admit they're trying to simply look like women, to get more feminine.
men who trust a men fashion (as i do) think that designers are creative enough to give men their own codes, without ALWAYS taking inspiration from women.

100% disagree with the notion that hommes who wear feminine heels are "trying to be like femmes." You know, there's a double standard in fashion- it isn't seriously loathesome for a femme to borrow elements of homme fashion or have boyish looks. However, it's truly hateful for a homme to wear certain femme fashions. I know fashion is more versatile for femmes than for us guys, but nobody is TRYING to be a woman just because a homme is wearing feminine heels. You're trying to suggest that all males who wear feminine heels are crossdressers or something? If that's true, then are females trying to be male just because they are wearing certain masculine clothes and menswear pieces by your logic?

All of the shoes I have are men's shoes. I have, however, TEMPTED the idea of wearing some sort of feminine heels or shoes. Am I wanting to become a femme just because I want to (at least) try on some feminine heels? Absolutely not. There are males that wear skirts and tights. Are THEY "trying to be women?" Your logic or opinions are absolutely flawed to believe that males wearing feminine heels are trying to be women just because certain males are wearing feminine heels. What fashion teaches us is about expressing ourselves through whatever clothes we have. We take a bunch of clothes and accessories and put them together to make a statement without saying anything. That's been the point of fashion ever since people gave a flying crap about looking and being fashionable. And to say that males are trying to be women just on wearing feminine garments (let alone shoes) is absolutely flawed. No homme is trying to be a femme just because one guy wants to wear feminine shoes. It just means he wants to express his style in a chic pair of feminine heels. Society will frown on that notion, but fashion types will applaud expressing one's own style and standing out in his/her own way.

We make our own decisions in life and can freely choose to accept or decline certain ideas, but it's bogus to suggest ANY homme is trying to be a femme just because he wears feminine clothing or feminine shoes. Serious fashion misconception you're making. And if I have said anything that may be against any rules, I apologize.

^ I understand your point, but there's one thing you missed out. When women dress masculinely (i.e. pantsuits, tuxedos etc) it's attractive, because it plays on the fantasy of a dominating woman. That fantasy of a woman who is powerful and predatory but is still sexy and equally as feminine at the same time. But when men dress femininely, such as heels, it's not perceived the same way. A feminine or submissive man just isn't as attractive as a dominating woman. BUT note that menswear has a LOT of acceptable trends derived from womenswear, such as wearing pink or super skinny jeans.
My point is there is a limit to how much influence fashion has on the opposite gender before people starts to get uncomfortable. Men in heels seems to surpass that limit. Men with makeup shares the same discomfort from people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->